'It's the quiet ones you want to watch..'

xxaimsxx

I've always hated this saying. Have you?
Its basically saying all shy people are weired when its not true.
I've known people loud and happy, popular and then the next thing you know they have commited suicide. That happened with a boy at my school.

anomicdeer

"it's always the quiet ones"
I don't know what the hell they mean by that.
Maybe they just say that to feel better about themselves.
Or they think just because we are quiet doesn't mean we won't do something crazy. But not all quiet people are like that.
Not only quiet people do that.

I don't really like it, but it's understandable in a way. It's human nature to be afraid of the unknown, and people who are quiet are really like one big question mark to the people that don't know them. And a lot of times the people you do have to watch out for (like psychopaths) are quiet as well- it's probably smart to be skeptical and not just trust that everyone that is quiet is just shy, but good natured.

AGR

Yes I hear that a lot,I also hear another version of this saying,but its a lot more graphic so I wont post it here,but I think they only say it because they are trying to be funny.

davidburke

in school this was often said about me (among other things) by bullies and they used to joke that i would go psyco and kill everyone or something

garry29

I've always disliked the saying "little boys and little kids should be seen and not heard". If you don't want to hear kids then why ****ing have them?!? :rolleyes:

philly2bits

I hate that saying too. But to be honest I probably would be put off by myself too. I'm sure I come off as rude or angry sometimes, even though I am not. This along with the fact I don't talk to people much means they don't know much about me. It's only human to equate unknown with bad in many cases. Unfortunately this can make it that much harder to finally get to know people after you have been quiet around them for a long period. There impression is that you are a shady character, and even if you start talking to them they may still treat you as such.

Luke1993

in school this was often said about me (among other things) by bullies and they used to joke that i would go psyco and kill everyone or something

Yeah me too. They said it so often I actually started to believe them! Luckily school doesn't last forever!

mrb

I hate that saying too. But to be honest I probably would be put off by myself too. I'm sure I come off as rude or angry sometimes, even though I am not. This along with the fact I don't talk to people much means they don't know much about me. It's only human to equate unknown with bad in many cases. Unfortunately this can make it that much harder to finally get to know people after you have been quiet around them for a long period. There impression is that you are a shady character, and even if you start talking to them they may still treat you as such.

:eek: dont talk to people much :confused: your king of the chat box , what do you mean you dont talk to people much , you dont stop talking on chatbox :D

philly2bits

I guess if you're really talkative and outgoing, you're less likely to be a serial killer or mass murderer or pedophile or whatever other evil things are on this planet.

Not necessarily. Just because someone is outgoing does not mean they are good anymore then a person who is shy is evil. Sure you might here it on the news after they find out someone was a serial killer that they were quiet and a loner, but also you'll here stories about people being charming and nice in every other respect.

Newtype

I hate that saying. Once, people started saying as a joke that I was an assassin 'cause I never talked. I didn't like that. I should have assassinated them.

mrb

Not necessarily. Just because someone is outgoing does not mean they are good anymore then a person who is shy is evil. Sure you might here it on the news after they find out someone was a serial killer that they were quiet and a loner, but also you'll here stories about people being charming and nice in every other respect.

yea in fact there are more guys that use there charm to get girls alone , like rapists and stuff , there not shy .....they turn on the charm then when there alone turn nasty..

Tiercel

As a rather quiet person, I'm still waiting for the right opportunity to unleash the evil within me. Any volunteers?

;)

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Lol, I don't remember if I've heard that saying, but I know that some classmates think I'm a psycho in disguise. I happen to be one of the very few who barely says a word and never smiles. Add the facts that I dress like the grim reaper sometimes and I wear diabolic accesories. They must think I'm going to snap and kill everybody someday.