'It's the quiet ones you want to watch..'

madness_lover

It's a funny phrase. It used to anger me not because of people thinking I was a psycho waiting to explode but because I kinda believed it to an extent and as the days passed I was still nice ol' me. That explosion of anger/sexuality just never came. I remember I used to exaggerate my love for horror movies to freak people, maybe I wasn't that social but I thought that if they believed I had the potential to be dangerous they would get afraid and never try anything with me. After all..you don't disrespect someone you're afraid of or could harm you.

The phrase itself I don''t think it's meant to be bad, only a reflection of human nature. People fear the unknown and are social creatures by nature. When encountering someone who doesn't talk it makes them very uncomfortable and will make them wonder what exactly do you have to hide( Most people equate being silent with hiding something or guilt). Another factor is that most people express their emotions with words; a healthy thing to do. A quiet person is not very likely to be outspoken about their frustrations instead they keep them bottled up inside. As time goes by they keep piling up until one day you just can't take it anymore and all those emotions you hid for so long pour themselves out at once whether you want it or not. The problem with that most of the time is that if you are not good with expressing your feelings verbally you will express them in another way..and that might be dangerous.

Pookah

:eek: dont answer that wings Pookah you dont want to mess with , there are people on this site not to mess with shes 1 of them :eek: walk away walk away ........

Lol I am sweet and nice WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!

Anomaly

It's harder to be deceive people while flaunting about than to deceive people while being quiet or silent.

LadyWench

I've always hated this saying. Have you?
Its basically saying all shy people are weired when its not true.
I've known people loud and happy, popular and then the next thing you know they have commited suicide. That happened with a boy at my school.

Just an ignorant stereotype. Can't expect much else from the human race.

I never liked that expression and I think its a bunch of bull to focus in on "quiet people" like theres something wrong with being intoverted.

recluse

yea in fact there are more guys that use there charm to get girls alone , like rapists and stuff , there not shy .....they turn on the charm then when there alone turn nasty..

Ted Bundy
John Wayne Gacey

Just two of the most notorius serial killers ever are fine examples.

xXxOilkingxXx

im generally a negative person but and i understand being offended by this saying. but in a sense being quiet can make ppl more interested in you and will want to watch you because there is a side of mystery. so quieter ppl often receive more attention.....

i go through major cycles in which i am talkative becuase my mood is lifted and i feel better however also when i am depressed i can become so quiet i hardly say anything and seem disinterested in any conversation even if the topic may have interested me on another day.

Noca

Banned
im generally a negative person but and i understand being offended by this saying. but in a sense being quiet can make ppl more interested in you and will want to watch you because there is a side of mystery. so quieter ppl often receive more attention.....

i go through major cycles in which i am talkative becuase my mood is lifted and i feel better however also when i am depressed i can become so quiet i hardly say anything and seem disinterested in any conversation even if the topic may have interested me on another day.

Welcome to SPW!

U

userremoved

I hate that saying. Once, people started saying as a joke that I was an assassin 'cause I never talked. I didn't like that. I should have assassinated them.

I thought I was the only one who got that nickname tagged on him lol.