Is it okay for a 24-year-old guy to date an 18-year-old girl?

Felgen

There's nothing wrong with an age gap of six years if both persons are consenting adults. In fact, it's not uncommon for 24 year olds or even 30 year olds to date 18 year old girls here in Norway.

I thought I might add that I had a crush on a guy I worked with that was 28, I am 18. I would have went for it but he had two kids, a 8 yr old and a 5 yr old.

So I think that as long as there is nothing that separates were you are in life that much, that it is ok. I hope that makes sense.

AGR

Ok why did us Americans get stuck with the high drinking age requirement? :confused:

I never understood that also,aparently you can drive with 16 and lower?
thats really weird.

About age,as I said earlier,if it fits the person's agendas its ok,if it doesnt its not ok,in my school days girls 14 and up all dated guys in their 20s,it didnt seem to matter to them.

AGR

I never understood that either. You can drive, own property and make contracts, inhale all the cancer sticks you want, be put to death for committing crimes, sell your body, and die for your country in foreign wars, but you can't drink. I always thought the drinking age was so incredibly arbitrary.

Who is that guy in your avatar?
He looks a bit familiar.........

Illusions

There was a similar age gap between me and a guy I dated (funnily enough, it didn't work out because he was being immature). Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with it. :)

LadyWench

I see no problem with that at all. I was 18 when I got my first kiss and went on a date and such (it had been with a friend that I had known for about 6 years), and he was about 23 at the time.

AGR

Me? lol. You probably just got me confused with every other Asian you've ever seen in your life. ::p: Dronee said I look like the Star Craft champion. haha. I get Sandra Oh a lot, so I was appreciative he at least compared me with someone of the same gender.

really,I thought it was just another random guy,since you joke about that a lot,to tell the truth I pictured you kind of like this:
john.jpg

Minty

There's a lot of development in the teen years so every year you're at a different level of maturity, practically. Every year you're a different person. But I've noticed once you reach adulthood, you don't change as rapidly. Therefore, a 20-year-old isn't going to be that different from a 24-year old, but a 14-year-old is VERY different from an 18-year old and both examples have a 4 year gap between them.

18 and 24, you're pretty much in the same age group. She's legal. Just go for it.

juan_sa

I've dated a few when i was 22 and 23 and they were pretty immature. just turned 24 today and whenever i decide to date again it be some one WAY closer to my age.

sucettes

I'm 18 and my boyfriend is in his 20's. I've always liked older guys because they are usually more mature.

This makes sense too:
164124_102229076521066_100002019216148_11589_7329302_n.jpg

So yeah, nothing wrong with dating a girl that's younger than you. ;)

Edit: I'm not saying that all younger boys are immature! And what I'm trying to say is; age doesn't matter. I hope this post doesn't offend anyone.

Last edited:

Kamen

It's you and she who decide if it is OK. And if you ask me, it is perfectly fine and normal. Even if she was 6 years older - it's OK again provided you like each other. Larger gaps are fine, too (10+). It's all up to the couple.

AGR

I'm 18 and my boyfriend is in his 20's. I've always liked older guys because they are usually more mature.

This makes sense too:
164124_102229076521066_100002019216148_11589_7329302_n.jpg

So yeah, nothing wrong with dating a girl that's younger than you. ;)

Edit: I'm not saying that all younger boys are immature! And what I'm trying to say is; age doesn't matter. I hope this post doesn't offend anyone.

I dont believe this,those stuff really depends on the individual,in fact every man I know until now who went with younger girls were not like that at all and only wanted sex,cheated,had a lot of girls,but who am I to say,lots of girls do crazy stuff,likes some weird stuff.

Also I will need a source that women develop mentally faster,are more intelligent than men their age,this would seem like relative to me.

Last edited:

Metal_isthe_Answer

This is something I actually have experience in, I was briefly with a girl who just turned 18, and I was a few months shy of 24, I would say thats its okay, other people may not always see it the same way though.
I had a friend who thought that it was a bit too much of an age difference, I asked him why it was okay for him to be getting married to a woman 7 years older than him, that shut him up pretty fast.
Anyway, all that matters really is that you 2 are fine with it, I ended up being a little uncomfortable with it so I ended the relationship...then a few months later I got in a massive car wreck and nearly died...it was a bad year for me.

anuskas

Why not date a 18-year-old girl? If you like her and she feels the same, age doesn´t matter. I had a boyfriend younger than me. Nobody notices that and your happiness is more important than all the rest!

alwaysrunning

I dont quite remember who said it but yes girls are definetly attracted to older guys. There's a sense of attraction in a physical and mental level... at least i see it that way. My parents are six years apart and i never saw it as something wierd. If both parties are aduls and the difference isnt tooo noticeable then ppl wont even mind any attention to it, i say its okay, normal, accepted etc =)

R3K

are you sure she's 18? there some crazy girls out there who pretend they're 18 just so they can hang out with the big boys and get them to buy them beer/cigarettes/drugs and take them to frat house parties.

and i had a 18 year old chick get infatuated with me before (when i was 29) but nothing happened. i think i need to start wearing those "Old Guys Rule" T-shirts. too bad i'm virtually invisible to girls my age XD...