Is it bad I don't want to drive until I'm 18 or older?

Waybuloo

I got my learners when I was 17 and only got the full when I was 21. I delayed it so much because I hated driving and of being in control of a death machine. It is such a dangerous not to mention dirty activity. People are driving around a metal cubicle and they think it's cool. I have no intention of getting a car, it's expensive and unjustifiably so, a hassle to operate and maintain.

I guess I also don't feel safe with so many wankers out there on their mobile phones, smoking cigarettes and what not and speeding.

MrSunday

I'm 15 years old and my sister and some people are telling me "One more year until you're ready to drive. The problem is I don't want to drive. I'm not actually interested in driving and when I explain this to people they'll tell me "Oh you'll be fine." I also don't like to drive at such a young age because I would also be afraid of wrecking into other cars. I've read on some websites that their have been deaths from teenagers into car accidents. Why can't people drive at 18(or an older certain age). Why 16? Do you agree?

I'm 20 and I hate driving. I started driving at 19 and still taking lessons. I want a car so I don't have to rely on public transport. I really hate public transport (never get tired of saying that). Start taking lessons when your ready. A driving licence is useful, especially in today's competitive job market. Avoid going to websites that increase your fears of driving. It is good to be cautious, but do not dread over the issue.

I do think 16 is very young. The age should be 18.

MikeyC

You should learn to drive when you feel comfortable..but the problem is though (I didnt learn to drive till I was 22yrs. I was scared to death to drive) you may regret it when your older, like why didn't I do this sooner? Because that was me. I feel I may have missed out on some things because I didnt learn sooner.
Yeah, that's the one thing that I think you'll regret, Lions. You're 15 so you've still got many years to think yet while still being very young.

RegalSin

Do it and get it over with. It is an skill you need and will help you intergrate into society even more. My pop drives an car that barely can stop at all ( one of those gas guzzlers ) the bottom line is that he is skilled enough to drive that car. He has been driving since he was 14 or so. Unlike myself which is barely if ever; and I still feel that feeling of awarness jump up on me with cars. Seriously last year I was behind the wheel of an car and almost drove into another car. Just get it over with and maybe in highschool you could drive around the place. The USA is built for drivers mostly; so just deal with it.

April72

In my country, people can't drive before 18. I think you don't have to worry about it. Drive when you want. You're free and driving a car is something to consider bc you have to care of other drivers and pedestrians.

Ithior

Legal driving age here is 18. You can start having driving lessons a few months before you turn 18. I myself started some months after turning 18, and after getting my driver's license I barely drive. I got it mostly because if there's an emergency or if someone is too drunk to drive, I know how to drive and can do it legally as well.

April72

I got my driving licence when I was 18 but I was really afraid of driving. Then, with age, when I needed the car to work far from home I had to loose fear by giving other classes.

The thing is that the best you can do is getting your driving license when you have the motivation.

April72

Never say "never". Lol!
I understand you. If I could I would go everywhere on my bike.
But, who can cope with all the nuts drivers in my city. I think we have to be educated in respeting cyclists a little moré, at least, in my country.

dannyboy65

I'm 15 years old and my sister and some people are telling me "One more year until you're ready to drive. The problem is I don't want to drive. I'm not actually interested in driving and when I explain this to people they'll tell me "Oh you'll be fine." I also don't like to drive at such a young age because I would also be afraid of wrecking into other cars. I've read on some websites that their have been deaths from teenagers into car accidents. Why can't people drive at 18(or an older certain age). Why 16? Do you agree?

Do it at your own rate I'm 19 and I'm just working on getting my license now. Don't listen to what people say because you have to be the one to make the decision.

THeCARS1979

yeah just wait till your 18 then and take it up then