If you were president.

jonas89

What changes would you make for your country ?
I would like to see a better justice system here personally.
It's way to soft and everything is done for criminal so he/she doesn't have to feel so bad doing something again, so really the victim is the one who suffers more then the criminal.

Just curios to see what other think might be better in their home country.

P.s Im talking about prim-minister or president or whose in that position who would be capable making those decisions. :)

Last edited:
There wouldn't be a president for long if I was president. I would dissolve the office. It's impossible for one person to represent a country the way people generally expect the president to.

ScaredToBreathe

hmm interesting question. but what exactly does the president have control over? to what extent do they have the power to make the country a better place?

I definately agree with you about the justice system. But I imgine the president would have to request the changes, have formal documents written to propose those changes, have it go through Parliament and all the legal systems and procedures, and may take a very long time to be passed and enforced, if it even gets passed at all. Or am I mistaken? I would definately raise the penalities for animal abuse, as well as animal and human murder. I would try to make the death penalty illegal in all states (assuming I'm USA's president), make gay marriage legal, and make marijuana legal.
Again, I don't know how much control the president has over the law so I don't know if I'd even be able to do those things...

jonas89

hmm interesting question. but what exactly does the president have control over? to what extent do they have the power to make the country a better place?

I definately agree with you about the justice system. But I imgine the president would have to request the changes, have formal documents written to propose those changes, have it go through Parliament and all the legal systems and procedures, and may take a very long time to be passed and enforced, if it even gets passed at all. Or am I mistaken? I would definately raise the penalities for animal abuse, as well as animal and human murder. I would try to make the death penalty illegal in all states (assuming I'm USA's president), make gay marriage legal, and make marijuana legal.
Again, I don't know how much control the president has over the law so I don't know if I'd even be able to do those things...

Of course you're right on that, but lets say if he would have the power to do what ever he wants to do.

MrJones

Invade Poland!!! Ehem, no, I mean... that would be wrong, right?

Nah, I would probably let the people decide everything. If it's stupid, as they chose someone like me for president, well, stupid decisions for a stupid country :D

Section_31

I have alot id change but my changes are so radical and out there people think im nuts, so im not gonna say =X

coyote

the president really doesn't have much power - he's just a front man

but he does get to have female interns

Iluv

Toughen up the justice system, get some realists in the court.

Last edited:

Scenic

Mm, gay marriage = yes, animeal testing = absolutely not, find someway to get rid of animal shelters that euthanize animals if possible, promote equality and pro-choice, change what our budget goes into - put more back into education, make welfare something you can only be on for a fixed amount of time, such as 1 year for everyone, do something about unemployment, focus on within our country instead of helping other countries until we get ourselves back together. Pay off China somehow, etc, etc. Obviously, not all of this is possible with todays economy, but I can dream!

Silatuyok

Invade Poland!!! Ehem, no, I mean... that would be wrong, right?

Nah, I would probably let the people decide everything. If it's stupid, as they chose someone like me for president, well, stupid decisions for a stupid country :D

lol. I love this answer.

Silatuyok

Mm, gay marriage = yes, animeal testing = absolutely not, find someway to get rid of animal shelters that euthanize animals if possible, promote equality and pro-choice, change what our budget goes into - put more back into education, make welfare something you can only be on for a fixed amount of time, such as 1 year for everyone, do something about unemployment, focus on within our country instead of helping other countries until we get ourselves back together. Pay off China somehow, etc, etc. Obviously, not all of this is possible with todays economy, but I can dream!

If you eliminate shelters that euthanize animals, you would have a huge, HUGE problem on your hands. We don't euthanize animals for fun; we do it because it's an extremely unfortunate necessity.

Last edited:

Scenic

If you eliminate shelters that euthanize animals, you would have a huge, HUGE problem on your hands. We don't euthanize animals for fun; we do it because it's an extremely unfortunate necessity.
I know. I was just stating general stuff. If I could, I'd find a solution to this. Maybe have more humane shelters or have a law that requires neutering or spaying after 1 litter or something. It's just a dream!

coyote

...Maybe have more humane shelters or have a law that requires neutering or spaying after 1 litter or something. It's just a dream!

i was going to comment that i had a vasectomy after my twins were born

but then i realized you said, "humane" shelters, not "human"

so... uh,

never mind

drganon

Invade Canada and rename it North Dakota and rename the current North Dakota, Middle Dakota.

Silatuyok

I know. I was just stating general stuff. If I could, I'd find a solution to this. Maybe have more humane shelters or have a law that requires neutering or spaying after 1 litter or something. It's just a dream!

Or just a law that requires spaying and neutering, period. That would be nice.