If you didnt have social anxiety?...

xxaimsxx

If it was taken away from you what kind of person would you be? Would you be married, have a better job, famous etc

I'd be very outgoing, someone that makes jokes all the time (I already do in some way XD)
and have a girlfriend now...

EscapeArtist

If I didn't have social anxiety.. I don't know how to answer this, other than using what I WANT to have, which isn't exactly what I would have, because I'm still pretty lazy..
I'd have straight A's in school... - procrastination = Straight B's in school, and still be in challenge english (miss that atmosphere...).
Hm... I'd probably be a lot fitter seeing as I love running but am too afraid to run now.
I'd have a job, have money to save for college.. have money to help my mom out with putting the food on the table this week.
I'd have friends, and I probably would not be this analytical or quiet, but I've learned to cherish my quiet, peaceful, analytical nature.

Eilonwy

First of all, I love this question.

I'd have been able to sustain the friendships I made in high school but lost gradually, which hurt like hell. I would also never have lost who was once the most important person in my life, which has left scars that still haven't fully healed after more than 4 whole years. I would probably be an honor student and in the future be able to be a professor of English or Sociology or whatever else and make my parents proud of me and worth all the trouble that they have endured for me and my brother. I would be more involved in activist work because I have always wanted to do something of that sort to help people in some way. I would...I would...I would.

If only, if only. >.<

dottie

i would be more liked and accepted by other people. i like myself. it is other people that don't like me and find me repellant. i can't blame them but i know no other way of carrying myself.

Silentknight

I might be one of those few people who thinks I would be worse off without my AvPD the schools I went to were/are full of gangs which I stayed away from because I never left my house alot of the girls their got pregnant young so if it weren't for my avpd I might be a father which isn't a good thing at my young age, and lastly i've learned to appreciate the little things most take for granted exp: most people wouldn't think twice about a smile or compliment thrown their way but me that would brighten my Week. Oh yea also I've learned to love learning I'm always learning new things instead of out partying. BUT I do really really wish I had a special someone to hold when I'm feeling down.

Luna1740

Honestly if I hadn't had this experience, then I don't think that I'd be the kind of person that I strive to be, so honestly, it sucks and is unbelievably horrible at times, but I'm actually happy to have it, because I feel like it allows me to understand better other's pain

If I had never had depression/a severe panic disorder/ and severe anxiety, I wouldn't like me

AGlife

I would probably be better in all aspects of life. I would be better at school, because I could actually concentrate. I would definetely go out and volunteer more. It is something I would love to do, but the anxiety often holds me back.
I would also have a ton of close friends. Never would be bored on a friday night ><.

da_illest101

I don't think i would change much, I think i have social anxiety because of the way i like to live my life not the other way around, but i'm sure i would have at least a gf

Pink_Paula

If i didn't have SA i would never have dropped out of University so by now i would have been in a job that i loved. I'd be much more confident and wouldn't have made some of the silly mistakes i have made in the past. I guess i'd just be a happier less neurotic version of me lol

bigrob

If it was taken away from you what kind of person would you be? Would you be married, have a better job, famous etc

I felt destined to entertain. I would have done it in one of two ways:

1) heavy metal music

2) pro wrestling.

Needless to say both involve becoming the center of attention and I just can't do that.

Emily_G

Probably have more friends, be less nervous about going to church, probably go to more social functions....things like that.

SoulSeeker

Banned
If i didnt have SA or even more so BDD..i'd be the happiest person on this planet. I dont need much from this life..im not greedy...and i hold trust and loyalty so close to my heart.

Life is too short..to want 'this that and the other'..'never enough' 'always wanting more'....so many human beings like that..poisoned minds.