If you didnt have social anxiety?...

emboki

If it was taken away from you what kind of person would you be? Would you be married, have a better job, famous etc

I really don't want to be famous so that doesn't matter to me, I think one can be happy in their own little world if things are going good but I guess its different for others. Asides that I am confident that its possible for people with SA to get married, have proper jobs, etc if the right amount of effort is expended. Without SA however we all would be totally different people than we are so our needs and desires would change as well.

Last edited:

LaLaLa

Probably be one hell of a bitch and gossiper. Possibly a gold digger and plastic surgery addict too.

Luthien

I would be the same as I am at home, when I am alone, except I could be that way everywhere!! That's what I want, anyway. To be weird and silly and do all the things I love, but not to worry about what other people will think or say. Not to worry about people talking to me and dumping all their problems on me. Not to worry about what I look like or say... Geez that sounds nice. I'll get there someday.

I love to think about what I will be like without SA, but I wouldn't want it taken away because I think of it like a the butterfly analogy. If you help me out of my cocoon, I wont be strong enough to fly.

I'd probably not have such serious insomnia. And without that, I guess the sky's the limit. I'd try for one of the elite units in the military I guess.

chrisjurban

I'd be able to fully show my intelligence without letting it take over my life. I would be able to talk to people, and be good at it as I was when I was little. I would be happy. I would be good at school again. I would be good at sports. I would be a better driver. I would have more personal power and could think for myself. I would have a girlfriend and would actually talk to her. I would be. But then, I'd also never have learned about what people are actually like under their show personalities. I'd never have known depression and confusion. I'd be almost like a child.

Luke1993

Honestly I don't really know, it's been such an influence I think it'd be too hard to guess what I'd really be like.

But I think I'd have a better quality of life, more friends = possible better connections which gives me better chance of getting a job, and I guess I'd be more motivated too which ould be nice. I'd probably be more likely to find my special someone, (Although my looks would stay the same so maybe not lol)

I was once told the two worst words in the English language were, "If only."

Snap! ^^
I have been told I am like that already, but most of the time my anxiety and other MH issues gets in the way and I get pissed off and just retreat, end up wallowing and hating people instead of going out and sticking with the good people...
I have never been one to naturally want to conform but often my insecurities get the better of me.

My plans when I gain some sort of management over my problems, would be to go back into education so I am eventually able to support myself financially. I have been asked if I want to join a housing co-op which would be a great way to keep a social life and have more control over my living situation (a finger up to the landlords who love exerting power over others) which would be amazing if I can get myself into a slightly better state of mind. I'd like to get into gardening, electronics, develop my dressmaking skills further, furniture making, wow I seem to be interested in quite a lot when I put it like that. I also wish I could give more to my partner, I do bog him down with my own problems and it is horrible.. he is amazing to still be with me.

Last edited:

lilmutegirl

If it was taken away from you what kind of person would you be? Would you be married, have a better job, famous etc

I actually would not have gotten married (or divorced) at least not to the guy I was married to. I would've finished college by now. I would've joined more clubs/tried out for sports/been more active in high school. I would still be friends with more than 2 people from high school.
I'd like to think that I'd be happy.

iamthenra

I would hope that I would be married and have allot of friends. I would love to be more social and actually go to a party and enjoy myself instead of living in fear that someone is judging me or wants to beat me up or something...

mrb

id probably still want to be me , but id have a lot more to say for myself , um if thats possible :confused:

KiaKaha

Banned
I would be an introvert instead. Happy to be by myself but comfortable enough for self acceptance and an ability to pursue my dreams. I wouldnt be living here, I would be overseas somewhere experiencing the world and everything it has to offer.