I am terrified of caterpillars, what is your biggest fear?

Tomasso

The only thing that scares me more than being forced to socialize is caterpillars.

I live in New Orleans and stinging caterpillar season starts today. That means millions of caterpillars are crawling down the trees and falling from the branches onto people and stinging them. This season lasts for about 3 weeks, and I dread it.

It is literally fvcking terrifying. I wear a rain-jacket to class everyday even though it is like 90 degrees.

What is your biggest fear?

Squall

Banned
Those giant moths that fly through your window at night, & buzz around your light bulb like a crackhead haha.

Boby

What only caterpillars?I'm terrified of all insects,also I have a very weird phobia, I don't like silky materials ...I can't stand to touch those materials.

Srijita52

I'm terrified of trees, specially tall ones. I think this fear of mine is just as strong as social phobia if not more lol.

Waybuloo

I am more terrified of caterpillars than anything else. I'm surprised that someone out there feels the same way !

I guess this comes from my early childhood when I used to walk through a caterpillar infested path to school everyday. The place was literally crawling with these things, a lot of them were black, hairy and spiky ones. I used to just run for this section of the path that was covered with them. I would have lots of their carcasses and juice on the bottom of my shoes. I really didn't want to step on them because they'd be so much gunk it'll split and splatter onto my feet. It was the stuff of Roald Dahl.

I am not scared of spiders or cockroaches. Funny isn't it? The wiggly movements of the caterpillar's body makes me sick.

YellowBird

i hate them too!i don't mind spiders or cockroaches,but caterpillars is my worst nightmare.i avoid walking under trees,even if that means that i have to walk in the middle of the road and risk getting hit by a car or having them curse me for not using the sidewalk.

hidwell

A caterpillar sheds his skin to find a butterfly within.

2bO2NP2V155o8pjwjXnrpPyR_400.jpg

Section_31

Spiders. Any kind, any size.

I get VERY scared around them and CANNOT calm down untill ive either killed it or run away from it.

*shudders*

WeirdyMcGee

People.

I grew up in the bush in Canada- bit by Massassauga rattlers a couple times, chased by a bear youth, saw an angry bobcat once... which was very unusual...
I'm not scared of bugs reptiles or animals really.
I witnessed a dog bite a little girl in the face when I was quite small, so I'm nervous around dogs but we've had a few of our own... so for the most part I don't really mind.
I'm afraid of people.
I can deal with animals; even big scary ones. I can't deal with people. They're not as predictable.

Agent_Violet

wolves in sheeps clothing. they terrify me. you're just standing there thinking, "aww what a sweet,nice little sheep..." then SNAP..you become wolf food.

I used to be afraid of plants. Pretty much any plants. Except grass. That was when I was much younger, though.

Other than talking to people, I can't think of anything I'm really afraid of these days.

Lea

Banned
I think I have some degree of claustrophobia, I find it unpleasant and almost scary to be shut in confined spaces, even more if they´re dark. Or just any place without the possiblity to escape. I remember for example when the underground stopped in the middle of tunnel and there was some smell of burned rubber. I immediately thought of the worst, but all of the others didn´t even seem to notice it and kept on talking and smiling. I wondered why it´s only me panicking inside. Am I a coward, or are they just so careless?

I am also afraid of encountering a stray dog when I go out to some place without people. And of being murdered when I hitchhike, I know it´s such a risk yet I can´t help but still doing that. I am a big idiot.

coyote

if i'm swimming in an open body of water, i often have an irrational fear that some unseen creature will swim up from below and attack me

and i refuse to crawl into or through a tight enclosure/tunnel/crawlspace/etc. for fear of becoming trapped

Lea

Banned
if i'm swimming in an open body of water, i often have an irrational fear that some unseen creature will swim up from below and attack me/QUOTE]

This too, but only if I know the waters are not safe/there is reputation of dangerous fishes living in there.

WeirdyMcGee

if i'm swimming in an open body of water, i often have an irrational fear that some unseen creature will swim up from below and attack me/QUOTE]

This too, but only if I know the waters are not safe/there is reputation of dangerous fishes living in there.

I think of this from time to time... but only because I've already gotten my leg mangled by a sturgeon in an area that wasn't known for sturgeons.
\

Sturgeon:
sturgeon-fishing.jpg