I am not sure...but I think someone flirted with me today

KiaKaha

Banned
So I went to the coffee shop downstairs today and brought a coffee for myself. The girl there asked me if I had a coffee card, in which I responded with a no. She then gave me a card and said since I am such a stampaholic I will give yo a few, so she gave me about 6 or 7 of them...then flashed a smile.

Im sorry I made an entire thread about this, but would you consider that flirting? or was she just being nice...

If she was flirting...what do I do? I am starting to freak out...its been a long time since I have had to think about this stuff

It's hard to say without being in that situation myself... What does your gut say? Follow that feeling ;). Were her eyes wide and sparkly? If so, lucky you ;). What to do? Go talk to her - get to know her... of course, I would never do such thing myself because I am such a pussy, but go for it :D

KiaKaha

Banned
The gut says yes...but that maybe just wishful thinking. I will take it one day at a time I guess... thanks!

mismeek

yeah you cant tell with just one instance like that.. I would go back and see if shes extra nice to you.. Good luck !!

harlseq

She was probably just being friendly/polite/nice... girls like that usually always have a boyfriend.

Aussie_Lad

She might have been trying to drum up some extra business by giving you a few free stamps. You never know until you go back though, so it's worth the effort.

Feathers

YAY Kiwi!! :)
Even if she was just extra nice for the business, it may still be nice, no? ;)

Keep your eyes open, maybe it will happen elsewhere too? :)

A boss of mine once told she flirted everywhere, at the bank, etc, and she was happily married - but she really just liked talking to handsome men and expected nothing from it. So accept flirting for flirting - just another way to be nice and to practise your skills with the ladies!! :)

Be nice and flirty to her, but accept waitresses for waitresses too.. (yes they may have boyfriends, from the ones I know, these boyfriends usually did not stay boyfriends forever..) I think other professions may be much more reliable, at least those that don't usually get so much male attention.. (of course there may be exceptions there too..) so, just get to know the person, and keep getting to know other people too!

R3K

I haaaate that borderline flirtatious thing girls do... don't they know it drives men crazy and makes us stay up all night wondering about it? :mad:

You should visit that place more!!!, Maybe you will get to know her!
Maybe she likes you !

But i'm not sure if it's flirting, she could be a really friendly person, too :)

Good luck !

mrb

just doing her job methinks , some people are just helpfull like that , a while ago i went into a health shop to get my usual protien shake powder , the woman said hey buy this mag , if you do you can get 50 per cent off your protien shake powder , here she said ill cut out the coupon for you , and she did with a big smile :D like my smiley lol ...... but then having said that , the girl you speak of might have liked you ..... go back and see mate , faint heart never won fair lady ;)

R3X

Hard to know 'cause i'm not you.She could be in a good mood/she could be friendly/she likes you.Trust your instincts man.Does she stare at you?Usually that's a general sign someone is interested(unless if you're having a bad hairday or something LOL).

dutchguy

While of course we can't be sure that she was signaling you to ask her out, I think she was definitely flirting - yes, she might have been just doing her job and she might not be interested in dating, but in my experience, girls aren't 'super nice' to just anyone, so in my opinion it's at least a sign that she found you attractive enough to be nice to.

...and even if her intentions aren't exactly clear, it's entirely okay for you to 'flirt back' to find out if there's more going on than just 'being nice to customers'.

Rembrandt Broam

It's difficult to say. Next time you're in there, if it's quiet, maybe you could try to get a conversation going. If she seems enthusiastic then that's a good sign. If she seems to be trying to bring the interaction to an end, then you'll know where you stand.

SilverFire

As tough as it's gonna be, I think you should do what Rembrandt suggested. Girls will usually use borderline flirtations because they are scared of overtly hitting on a guy and having it fail. With this, she can always scurry back across the line if you turn out to be creepy or something. So yeah, talk to her and see how she responds. One tip, though: bring up the fact that you got a lot of free stamps from someone (don't mention her) and see if she remembers. If she doesn't remember, then YOU can just write it off and order your coffee. :)

zav943

Just calm down! Don't get excited, don't get anxious, just act normal the next time you go. Getting over excited about encounters like this can sour them pretty quickly.

Next time you go, if it's obvious that she's flirting again, flirt back...start talking to her, maintain eye contact, lean towards her, and if you get a chance to tap her lightly on the shoulder after making a funny remark, do that, and then ask her for her number. Also, throw a few complements (but just a few). GOOD LUCK!!

BUT BE WARNED (because I fell for this more times than ANYONE else): There are some girls that are flirtatious by nature. They flirt with many guys (sometimes they don't know they are)...don't get too hopeful. But don't dismiss her either.

KiaKaha

Banned
lol... wow thanks guys, I didnt expect so many answers! I will keep in mind what you have all said. I did notice yesterday that when I am in line she looks past who she is currently serving and looks at me and smiles. I guess that probably is flirting, but I dont know...Im just so nervous. I never used to be this bad...maybe just out of practice

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
lol... wow thanks guys, I didnt expect so many answers! I will keep in mind what you have all said. I did notice yesterday that when I am in line she looks past who she is currently serving and looks at me and smiles. I guess that probably is flirting, but I dont know...Im just so nervous. I never used to be this bad...maybe just out of practice

It's better to be out of practice than having no idea what you're doing...