• I didn't even go to it

Votes: 72 61.0%
  • Didn't finish high school yet

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters

da_illest101

I was on facebook, just looking around and I saw one of my co-workers prom pictures, so I was wondering how the prom of various SA user was.

I kinda wish I never went to mine, because it was embarassing. Most of my friends were one year younger then me so I didn't really had any friends at my prom. I had friends that barely talk to, but obviously they had more important friends. Pretty much everyone came in limos or fancy cars, I was drove by both my parents in a blue chevrolet cavalier. The prom comity, placed me with random people just to fill up a table and I just stayed in my corner not talking to anyone, eating and stuff. I sometime went to other people tables just to chat a bit, but nothing special. My cousin, who doesn't even go to my school, was in a table full of people that I knew. I took a few pictures with him and his gf. After being there for an hour an a half, I called my dad to come pick me up. They were going to start the dance so it was time for me to get the hell out of there. I said bye to whoever I knew that was between me and the exit, telling them I got a job and I work the next day early ( biggest lie ever).

funny thing is next year there is a few girls who asked me to go to their prom with them but I declined the offer
It was just a waste of my time and 60 - 80$, If had to redo my life, I sure as hell wouldn't go. I never was bitter about my prom cause I really didn't like highschool and was glad it was over. this was 7 years ago

coyote

i didn't attend prom

i was too cool

(at least that's what i wanted everyone to believe - really, i was too afraid to ask anyone)

B

Beatrice

It was alright. Expected it to be much more memorable, but it was a nice hotel with great food (which, of course, is the most important thing :D ). After-prom was fun though. Went to a bowling/bumper cars/rollerskating/arcade place.

InfraRecon

I didn't go to prom, either. I honestly think I was literally the only one that didn't go. It wasn't really because of nervousness, I just hated high school and once it was finished I wasn't going to let anyone even get me to acknowledge that I ever attended high school, much less celebrate my time there! In fact, I don't think I own anything that proves I ever entered second tier education - refused to buy a yearbook, didn't take in anything for my classmates to sign, definately didn't purchase one of those ridiculous 'school leavers hoodies' - (a crap hoody with all of your year's names on the back, so you'll never forget the names of all your great buddies :rolleyes: - no thanks) Naturally, most people bought one. Do high schools do such painfully undesirable garments in America?

I think on the night when all my year was attending prom I played table tennis in my back garden.

Rembrandt Broam

We didn't have a prom at my high school. Not that I would have gone anyway though, since it would have been a social thing and I have issues with those. :D

WeirdyMcGee

My school doesn't do proms or reunions- never has, to my knowledge.
Why?
Because 99% of the people who are born in town will be there until they die. XD

I- on the other hand; was born in the city and left the second I had an opportunity to- and will never go back.
That town is a dead end street, really.

So, no- I didn't go to prom because we didn't have one.

HeadFace

I never went to a single dance
I dont really regret it either.
Most people thought it was strange that I wasnt attending these barbarian rituals. Hell, most of the people who went came intoxicated on SOMETHING.
From all I've seen of them, they look exactly like the kind of place where I wouldnt want to be. Not to mention I'd be singled out because of lack of friends or people to go with.
If I did go, I'd probably raid the food and try to look busy the whole time.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

I didn't go to Senior Prom if that's the question. Girl I wanted got a date the DAY I was working my courage to ask. Was debilitated. Was like a movie. And wasn't going for the sake of going, undated - to stand in the corner with all the other geeklets - and I have NO regrets. Prob because after Senior grad, after the ceremony, we had a cruise on the S.F. bay and most everyone went and I went and that was awesome.

lilmutegirl

My prom was...interesting...
My ex-boyfriend asked me (after another girl had asked him--they ended up dating for, like, 4 years). For some reason, everyone thought I asked him too, but I was planning on going with a friend, and we had a pact that if one of us got a date, the other would too. I'm glad we didn't stick to that, because it would have been hard to get her a date. I think she was jealous (she was sort of a bitch, in retrospect).
After finding out that I was going with my ex, a male friend of mine informed me that he was going to ask me. We started dating shortly before prom, so I was dating one guy, but went to prom with another...and to add a little plot twist, they ended up being college roommates...weird...
I had a fairly decent time, though, except I hated my dress and hair.

MaliceInWickedland

I didn't want to go at first, but as the time drew closer for Prom I actually worked up the femmeballs to ask a guy I had really liked at the time to be my date. Unfortunately, Fate had other plans for me as I found out he had just gotten into a relationship with a girl exactly 30 minutes prior to me getting ready to give him a phone call to ask him... How did I find out? I went on his Facebook to get his cell # and saw his relationship status had changed to "In a Relationship". Just my luck.

Oh well. It probably would have sucked anyway because this guy was pretty shy and awkward too and a combination of two shy and awkward people couldn't have turned out so well at such a massive social event that's supposedly the highlight of a person's high school life.

Last edited:

MrJones

Hahaha I've been always watching proms on TV shows and movies, and luckily we don't have such things here :p

Summoning

How was my prom?

A really smooth night playing Age of Empires II.

It was a simple decision, actually. My friends had bothered me for weeks before the prom but my mind was set a long, long time ago. I don't regret my decision, not even by one second. Just thinking about all the awkwardness, *grrrr*

Agent_Violet

getting ready for prom was so much fun. going to prom was really fun too. actually BEING at the prom sucked. my boyfriend and i left after 30 mins and drove out to his parents cabin and spent the evening watching old movies and making out.

so yeah...prom night was really awesome;)

MrJones

:D ROFL too funny;)

hmmm i feel old that i got that joke...that movie was from the 70's wasn't it?
Emmm I feel stupid in situations like this when I'm not sure if I get the jokes or not, but I think I do and I don't feel old haha

What movie? (just to make sure -.-)

THeCARS1979

I was on facebook, just looking around and I saw one of my co-workers prom pictures, so I was wondering how the prom of various SA user was.

I kinda wish I never went to mine, because it was embarassing. Most of my friends were one year younger then me so I didn't really had any friends at my prom. I had friends that barely talk to, but obviously they had more important friends. Pretty much everyone came in limos or fancy cars, I was drove by both my parents in a blue chevrolet cavalier. The prom comity, placed me with random people just to fill up a table and I just stayed in my corner not talking to anyone, eating and stuff. I sometime went to other people tables just to chat a bit, but nothing special. My cousin, who doesn't even go to my school, was in a table full of people that I knew. I took a few pictures with him and his gf. After being there for an hour an a half, I called my dad to come pick me up. They were going to start the dance so it was time for me to get the hell out of there. I said bye to whoever I knew that was between me and the exit, telling them I got a job and I work the next day early ( biggest lie ever).

funny thing is next year there is a few girls who asked me to go to their prom with them but I declined the offer
It was just a waste of my time and 60 - 80$, If had to redo my life, I sure as hell wouldn't go. I never was bitter about my prom cause I really didn't like highschool and was glad it was over. this was 7 years ago
Its okay man, its done with and a long time ago. I didn't even go to mine. Who ever asked me if I was going I just said I wasn't going. I don't regret not going though.