How to get a girlfriend if you dont have any friends?

Klonoa

dont worry mate, everyone knew what you meant by swager...a guy with plenty of self confidence....i guess some people just find it an easy retort when you use a pop culture slang reference. some people need to be reminded you weren't attacking women as basing their judgement of a potential mate on shallow stero-typical behavioural patterns.

I honestly didn't knew he meant that.

I must say though, English isn't my main language either, so it flew over my head. I apologize. D:

Bronson99

Girls like guys that are either attractive, tall or very confident personalities. They like guys who have swagger and goals. It's that simple. They tend to avoid guys that either try too hard or who seem awkward and unsure of themselves.

I've never met a date through parties, though some people have. I guess if it happens then that's great.

If you are shy, nerdy, unsure, they don't like it. It's that simple. Unless the girl is very confident and wants to drive the relationship and turns the tables or something like that.

Try your best to just live your life without thinking about this stuff. Dating and potential relationships will only give you a headache thinking about them. If the right people come along, then great, but it's not always like that.

The issue isn't if you have a lot of friends or not. Unless she is really judgemental. Who knows. Good luck.

Yo dude, what happened to your optimism?

You reply in one of my threads from a while ago, with one of the most inspirational posts I've seen in this forum.

But lately--and especially ANY time it's a post about meeting women--you seem to be almost dissuading these lonely guys from even trying, because according to you, if you don't have confidence/money/goals or whatever, then no woman on earth will like you. If it's really true, then I suggest at least sugarcoating your message, because it's making me feel like giving up also.

Richey

Yo dude, what happened to your optimism?

You reply in one of my threads from a while ago, with one of the most inspirational posts I've seen in this forum.

But lately--and especially ANY time it's a post about meeting women--you seem to be almost dissuading these lonely guys from even trying, because according to you, if you don't have confidence/money/goals or whatever, then no woman on earth will like you. If it's really true, then I suggest at least sugarcoating your message, because it's making me feel like giving up also.

When I typed that I was having a really bad day, so it wasn't my finest moment, that's for sure. I agree with you. I do my best to be optimistic, but sometimes it's tricky to see the forest for the trees.

mismeek

shybutsexy.. if you want I would be happy to look over your dating profile.. I've gotten pretty good at those, and as a female I could offer you my advice.

I agree with the guys. I wouldnt care if my guy had friends. once you start dating the majority of the your girlfriends friends become your friends too

Keep yourself available! go to public places like bookstores and clubs and bars, say hello to people so they know that you're friendly and want to talk. join school clubs and stuff.

Odo

Banned
You know, I think I used to think all kinds of things about women but now I think I've finally realized that you can't generalize anything and there is no specific thing that all women will always like... and I don't think anything is an absolute dealbreaker for everyone. But if your having friends is important to her, she won't like it if you don't.

That said, it really helps if you aren't telling her what she is supposed to like and how she is supposed to act.

If you're looking for any sort of long term relationship then a bar or club is probably the worst place to look. Most people who go to those kinds of places are only interested in a 'fling'. I'd say you need to get to know somebody, have similar interests and spend a lot of time together.

I made the painful decision about a month ago to stop trying completely.

Because liek omg liek dude liek man liek isnt this ttly cute? liek so much swag liek dude liek omg omg omg omg :D :D :D i want a bf liek dat cuz so badass n bad boi cuz liek they r tuff n nerds r dum i haet nerds eww -makes duckface-

-Commits sepukku-

Like O...M...G... (HA HA :sarcastic:) did you really make one of those awful duck faces, Hellhound?

Honda

So people usually get a girlfriend/boyfriend by one of the followings.

- A friend introduces you to one of his friends
- You go to a party (apparently of one of your friends, otherwise you were not invited) you meet a girl there, like each other, and live hapily ever after.
- The girl was already in your group of friends, but just recently started to like each other.
- ???

And if you dont have any friends, how are you supposed to get a girlfriend? is there some other method?

The more people you know, the more people you meet, the more likely you will get friends and the higher the chances of meeting girls.. Having girl 'friends' doesnt hurt either, girls could help a bit in hooking you up with other girls.

Go out meet people or communities with common interests or hobbies and you never know who you might befriend or meet there, that's a good start to meet new people and practice managing anxiety.
Also, the more occupied you are in life with stuff you enjoy doing or people you enjoy hanging out with, the less anxiety takes grasp over your mind.

Or better yet, why would a girl want to be your girlfriend if you dont have any friends?

You are over thinking this, you should learn to not give a crap about these details. It doesnt matter, you are just playing this too much in your head. Plus if the attraction is mutual, then she should help you a bit in getting closer to her.

you meet a girl there, like each other, and live hapily ever after.

That's where I need to stop you!! This shit doesn't exist in real life, that crap is only in movies, Disney crap and its bullshit. Anybody who tells you otherwise is either naiver or delusional. Plus, many people are dating/ married for a very long time but they hate the living guts out of each other, fight, cheat on each other and I admire the fact people take the imitative to divorce/ breakup instead of sneaking behind everybody's back..
Happily ever after, only, if you love yourself as much as you love your significant other and there are no expectations to be put, especially when you are young and got a life ahead of you.. She or you could get tired of the other or feel incompatible with the other and might call it off so go out and have fun.
Plus, she can eventually get sick of being your nanny or second mom and leave you; if you're gonna go all anxiety on her. She is dating a man because she wants someone who leads the relationship not 'depend' on the relationship.

I think you are considering dating for the wrong reasons because this wont make your anxiety disappear like 'poof'; rather you should take care of your mental and physical health first..

Last edited:

Bronson99

Well, here's what my friend did. Be advised I'm not encouraging the following situation, but simply recording it here. Don't know if a shallow relationship is your thing, since he didn't get a girlfriend but something in a gray area, but anyway. What happened was, one day at work she said she found him highly attractive, then they went into an unoccupied room and started kissing. I think it took only about 2-3 more days before things got genuinely intimate. It's now almost 4 months in, and they're still "together" and I think they get it on twice a week.

So I guess the idea is... be lucky.

(short note: this woman who "chose him" is married with 3 kids.)

Last edited:
I may be dumb on the subject, but isn't this girlfriend person supposed to be a friend (amongst other things) too? She could be your only friend for the time being.

There may or may not be some prerequisites depending on what person you try to go out with - but quantity of friends is not one of heard yet.

Honda

not all girls want to be the follower.

And not all girls want to lead the whole relationship.. Last thing I need is to be in a relationship where I have to babysit my partner and carry their emotional baggage all the time.

There are plenty of men and women who dated partners whom they gave so many chances but then got fed up with their shit and broke up with them because they cannot get their life and problems together.

Last edited:

sullyS25

Learn to love yourself first or you will have serious issues if and when you do get a girlfriend

Hellhound

Super Moderator
And not all girls want to lead the whole relationship.. Last thing I need is to be in a relationship where I have to babysit my partner and carry their emotional baggage all the time.

There are plenty of men and women who dated partners whom they gave so many chances but then got fed up with their shit and broke up with them because they cannot get their life and problems together.

I say it should be equal. But I agree with you, your partner shouldn't be your psychologist. One thing is to be supportive, but being used as an emotional punching bag is a completely different thing.

One big mistake in this forum is thinking that having a girlfriend will magically cure all your mental illnesses. Nope. On the contrary, your mental illnesses will make your relationships hell if you don't go get help and learn basic human interaction first.

I may be dumb on the subject, but isn't this girlfriend person supposed to be a friend (amongst other things) too? She could be your only friend for the time being.

She is, but in this place, for a lot of guys, the word "friend" seems to be a bad word. I'm starting not to bother to give this advice anymore because nobody listens to me.

For some reason, they separate friendship from dating, turning dating into something superficial and almost entirely sexual. That's another big mistake. Going straight for dating isn't going to get you a loving wife, not immediately at least. Unless you're looking for something non-serious.