How to deal with loneliness?

yC1590

Could be any number of reasons, but sounds to me like she found somebody else. Sorry that happened to you.

Oh i guess i also should've mentioned that she recently got screwed over by her ex. He up and left her and took some of her things with him. She mentioned him at times when we were spending time together too. So now that i think about it.. chances are he's back in the picture or something. I'd rather it be that than it be something was wrong with me. She obviously found me attractive since she had no problem kissing me and stuff. But anyways. enough of my thread hijacking lol. Also, thanks Marie. I'm slowly but surely getting over the hurt.

MikeyC

This morning after work, I sat in my car for about 5 minutes talking to myself out loud, reassuring myself that things are going to be okay, and to accept the feelings of loneliness but not dwell on them too much. I figured if I said it out loud and listed the good things that are happening in my life, it won't hurt so much.

Probably a lame way of dealing with it, heh.

At the mall, the girl in front of me on the escalator put her arms around the waist of the guy she was with. That had a mild sting for me - not too bad but it's annoying that it happened at all. That's what I'm trying to eliminate.

Srijita52

I just don't get how a guy like you is still single Mikey, people are weird I guess. All I can say is just hang in there, you'll find someone.

MikeyC

I just don't get how a guy like you is still single Mikey, people are weird I guess. All I can say is just hang in there, you'll find someone.
Thanks, Srijita. I firmly believe that I am the problem, not the girls, but there will be someone out there for me. In the meantime I just have to control these bad emotions.

Srijita52

Thanks, Srijita. I firmly believe that I am the problem, not the girls, but there will be someone out there for me. In the meantime I just have to control these bad emotions.

Well what do you think the problem is? Although different girls like different type of guys and maybe you just haven't met yours yet.

MikeyC

Well what do you think the problem is? Although different girls like different type of guys and maybe you just haven't met yours yet.
Having sexual anxiety doesn't really help. It's difficult to get to know girls randomly, too, so I'm not meeting many new girls. My virginity is a bit of a burden, since I'm not going to know what to do if I ever get a girl!

I don't feel I'm very interesting, either. I do joke and smile with girls but if I can't carry a conversation, then it's difficult to keep them interested.

I also think I miss what I had with Fiona, and I'm starving for that again. Hopefully you're right that I just haven't met the right person yet, but I wish it wasn't so hard for me.

Just a few thoughts there. :)

It's just because he hasn't moved to America yet, where everyone loves hot Aussies.
I fit one of those requirements. :giggle: Maybe I'll come by to America one day and see if my accent will get me anywhere.

IcedEarth25

I don't feel the lonliness half the time as these strange emotions I have where 1 minute I want a relationship, then the next minute I don't. I think its a senario we all go through where we're not sure what we want in life then we want a particularly thing, then next minute reality comes crashing back down and your suddenly turned off by the idea. But I'm sure there's someone out there for everyone in this world, just gotta be positive, hopeful and reassuring to ourselves.

MikeyC

I don't feel the lonliness half the time as these strange emotions I have where 1 minute I want a relationship, then the next minute I don't. I think its a senario we all go through where we're not sure what we want in life then we want a particularly thing, then next minute reality comes crashing back down and your suddenly turned off by the idea. But I'm sure there's someone out there for everyone in this world, just gotta be positive, hopeful and reassuring to ourselves.
Yeah, this is fair enough. Perhaps you're at that stage where you don't know what you're wanting, and that's okay. In time it might become clearer before you jump from one scenario to another.

MikeyC

I felt a bit better today in the coping process, but that could be in part with having things to do, and chatting to my brother about random things for about an hour. It's still there, undermining my emotions, but it remained relatively dormant today.

This morning, though, I was walking out with workmates, and the fill-in noticed my lack of self-confidence. Perhaps that is a deterrent for women?

Kiwong

I don't know if lack of confidence is a deterrent for girls. It's just if you don't have the confidence to communicate an interest, it makes it hard to let a girl know you are even present as a romantic interest.

I reckon most girls that are worth knowing wouldn't say no if you asked them out. I only mustered the courage twice in my life, and they both said yes.

MikeyC

I don't know if lack of confidence is a deterrent for girls. It's just if you don't have the confidence to communicate an interest, it makes it hard to let a girl know you are even present as a romantic interest.

I reckon most girls that are worth knowing wouldn't say no if you asked them out. I only mustered the courage twice in my life, and they both said yes.
Good point. My lack of self-confidence has been seen by a number of people, including women, so maybe I reek of it! I tend to keep romantic feelings hidden, but I probably do need to put myself out there a little more with that sort of thing.

That's good that you mustered the courage those two times. It's a difficult thing to do. I have done it a couple of times myself and they've all said no.

MikeyC

These are the worst times for me. It's late on a Friday night, I'm a little sleepy, it's not too hot. It would be nice to cuddle with someone and watch a movie. Sigh. :sad: I'll get through this.

Srijita52

Having sexual anxiety doesn't really help. It's difficult to get to know girls randomly, too, so I'm not meeting many new girls. My virginity is a bit of a burden, since I'm not going to know what to do if I ever get a girl!

I don't feel I'm very interesting, either. I do joke and smile with girls but if I can't carry a conversation, then it's difficult to keep them interested.

I also think I miss what I had with Fiona, and I'm starving for that again. Hopefully you're right that I just haven't met the right person yet, but I wish it wasn't so hard for me.

Just a few thoughts there. :)

I fit one of those requirements. :giggle: Maybe I'll come by to America one day and see if my accent will get me anywhere.

I hear you, I'm having the same sort of problem in a twisted way. I get approached by guys I'm not interested in at all. I also starve for what I had with my ex, but I just can't find anyone who can meet my requirements, not to mention being really socially awkward and anxious isn't very helpful in this.
And yep, you're hot, haha. I think you'll find some really cool girls.

Phoenixx

Sorry to hear your loneliness has lingered as such Mikey. I've had loneliness like this off and on for a while too though. (I'm currently not dealing with it atm) How did I cope? Just doing the same old things I did everyday, and hanging out with a friend once in a while helped too. I basically just dealt with things and continued to go about each day while venting every now and then. Maybe it's because I had other things to look forward to -- college, for starters. You have a lot to look forward to within the next year, so I guess my advice would be to focus on that.

I believe you will find someone eventually, and possibly when you least expect it. With your friendly personality and good looks, I don't see how any girl could just leave you hanging for long. Also, those that do find your virginity a turn off are not worth your time, and I would think sexual anxiety is fairly common anyway, whether anyone admits to it or not.

Odo

Banned

I have travelled to quite a few places and I can say that yes, being exotic works (both ways!).

:thumbup: