how many of you are untalented?

mrb

you dont have to be talented at anything to have a good life lol im not talented ... i came out of school with no grades nothing ... but i do ok by working hard .... you know what the more i think about it , most of the people i know are untalented , they just go to work enjoy weekends , but there not really good at any 1 thing ... nor am i ... so dont worry about it lol ;)

hippiechild

I don't think that anyone is intrinsically talented or untalented; You can't just search for a talent that you hope to have. You must find something that you're interested in and pursue it until you become skillful. Do you want to be good at making beautiful gourmet meals? Well, you have to spend years practicing, experimenting and learning from mistakes... same for drawing, knitting, fencing, arithmetic, wood working, scrabble and basically anything else... if you don't do anything, you won't be talented in anything... something that I've become painfully aware of.

of course certain people are somewhat better suited for certain activities, but that hardly matters if they don't care to purse them.

Besides, not being talented in anything is no reason to want to die! Surely you can be content doing things that you enjoy, even if you aren't especially talented at them... which would, in time, most definitely lead to you developing those as talents anyway :D

I think that I have some talents, but those are weird, soo I keep them secret.

Last edited:
It's better to be talented with SP than to be untalented and with SP. I think I don't have any talents and I'm grey in this society. But as said a lot of untalented people enjoy life, we overthink things and give talents prominence. Talent is to live without talents. Talent is to have discipline. You can find a lot of talent, it's just the way you can look at them...

Luke1993

I'm not talented in anything whatsoever but now I don't think that's a reason for someone to die, because talents don't really matter.

It's better to be talented with SP than to be untalented and with SP. I think I don't have any talents and I'm grey in this society. But as said a lot of untalented people enjoy life, we overthink things and give talents prominence. Talent is to live without talents. Talent is to have discipline. You can find a lot of talent, it's just the way you can look at them...

Yeah. That's the real talent I feel... To make do with what you have and to strive with the little you know.

lyricalliaisons

I'm sure you have talents, everyone has at least one talent, even if it's something small. You probably just haven't discovered yours yet :)

shore_of_glass

I thought I could write, but no one gives a ****, so I must suck.

I thought I had a special thing for percussion, but I suck bad so I got MUCH practice to do.

I thought I could swim, but never went into competitions, so I suck bad.

Bach said: “I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results.”

Easier said than done.

Last edited:

Emily_G

I think lots of people feel that way, chained. I know I do. There are some things I am decent at, like baking, cooking, singing...but nothing I am super good at.

nopark

I'm really good at my work but I've begun to hate it lately. Depressing to see something I used to love turn into a chore. Other than that, I'm not particularly talented.

I wonder if Bach ever thought "ah, I f***in' hate music..."

Lea

Banned
It often not only looks like talent, but destiny. Like if some people were destined to be or do something. When I look at people like Madonna, or some famous painters etc... I can't help wondering. I even wonder how automatically everybody marries at his biologically appropriate age etc. As if there was more in play for people than just talent. As if the people were in some current carrying them. I think I used to be quite creative when I was small/teenage, also quite good at sport. But I never had any direction, support or social net. Maybe these create the powerful current, plus obviously the willpower and hard work of the individual. But you have these more easily when you're inside of social net because.. they load you with energy and give you feedback. Something that isolated people can't get, and therefore the will gets weaker and they feel there is no sense carrying on. I think most important is the DESIRE to do something, the rest falls in place by itself. I used to have some period a few years ago when I got crazy about photography and learned quite alot, but it didn't last. I envy people who have some interests for life. I don't have anything, at most some shortlived ones which is not good...

Edit: Do you think I have weird thought processes, mixing together 2 unrelated things? I don't even know why I think like this but I do... I just feel too different even in relation to normal ordinary people so I end up placing housewife in nearly the same rank as Madonna :D.

Last edited:
The "talent" word is misunderstood. Everyone is searching for "talent" but they don't understand what that word means. I think people have talent if they really know what to do when they are young and they achieve something big in life. Everybody else is just average. Average people stick to one think and they are just skillful, but other people think they are talented. "Talent" is the word which means something big, but people use it too often. People want to feel that they are above others, thats why they use that word...

Yep me too. No talent, except for being good at gymnastics when i was a little kid......WOW!, not going to get me anywhere in life that one:(