How Do You Make A Living?

intrench

How can i work at home then if i don't have any talents? I used to work in offices and manage people in the software industry, but there are no people to manage at home?

Any ideas anyone, how I can think this one out?

cheers

intrench = Steve.

I'm a writer and a musician. I work from home 90% of the time. It's how I manage to stay pale while living in Arizona. Pretty neat.

Feathers

How can i work at home then if i don't have any talents? I used to work in offices and manage people in the software industry, but there are no people to manage at home?

Any ideas anyone, how I can think this one out?

cheers

intrench = Steve.

Can you manage people by phone? Or by e-mail?
There are project management online tools too, you could communicate online...?

Oh, and everyone has talents... Some are just different!!

Liam17

get some money from my mum now and again, apart from that none.

Hoping my band gets some gigs.

LazyHermitCrab

Stock sheleves.... i try to make it interesting in my head by thinking of it as building an army or trying to get rid off all the boxes before the shift runs out....

Silentknight

I am unemployed for now but I am a registered emergency medical technician(basic) and working on becoming a paramedic which means my career will be fast paced and in the back of an ambulance. I know it's not what you would expect from a social phobic but it's pretty easy when you stop looking at patients as people and only as hunks of flesh to be fixed.
Wow that sounds pretty anti-social and a bit schizoid of me.

JamesSmith

I don't make a living, my parents are providing a roof over my head. I was recently laid off from a full time job and am filling out apps. It sucks, but then again so does working.

Kat

Graphic design or web developer is potential jobs you can do from home, web developer being the lesser social job out of the two. Depending where you are from you can also study and get the credentials for those jobs via online education.

intrench

I guess the hardest part is identifying what it is you know and can do that the market wants and with aggoraphobia you don't easily get to understand the market because you are isolated.

Also, if you have narcissitic personality disorder you have a blind spot on understanding people in general and then if you have always worked in IT :D

So you kind of get so far removed from people that you don't really know what they really want.

The only people who want me to help them are people who want to know how to do criminal things. Don't get me wrong, i am not a criminal, just that i have worked in IT security.

Anyway, i am 3 years trying to work out how to make money and no closer.

thank you for any help thinking this out.

:confused:

Can you manage people by phone? Or by e-mail?
There are project management online tools too, you could communicate online...?

Oh, and everyone has talents... Some are just different!!

Feathers

Okay, is IT security something you have been on top of and keep track of progress etc? Security is BIG! Of course firms & customers want to have safety as a top priority.. Some small biz or start-up biz people (or bloggers) may not have much clue about security and you could give tips or consulting?

There are lots of firms online and it's difficult to know who to trust - what antivirus would be best (lots of fake review sites etc)
Also, how do you know what sites not to click on, or when not to 'like' a certain button on Facebook??

Even telling what the black hat people wanted you to do could perhaps be helpful for some firms? (Though not sure if it wouldn't get you in trouble with the others - you might want to protect your anonymity?)
Some stuff is in articles online anyway... :) Might wanna do some research, what is being done in the field, where are niches...?

You could also give out a questionnaire to find out what people really want and wish for...

I guess the hardest part is identifying what it is you know and can do that the market wants and with aggoraphobia you don't easily get to understand the market because you are isolated.

Also, if you have narcissitic personality disorder you have a blind spot on understanding people in general and then if you have always worked in IT :D

So you kind of get so far removed from people that you don't really know what they really want.

The only people who want me to help them are people who want to know how to do criminal things. Don't get me wrong, i am not a criminal, just that i have worked in IT security.

Anyway, i am 3 years trying to work out how to make money and no closer.

thank you for any help thinking this out.

:confused:

AGR

I make sure the lights on your car work properly,dont get much credit,but its not something people would do themselves,the money is kind of good,better than lots of people here,2 years ago I did make a lot of money,but spent almost all when I was unemployed.

Last edited:

intrench

Thanks for your input feathers. Basically there is no real money in safeguarding people/businesses unless you work for one of the top consultancies or manufacturers. You can write books but you'd be lucky to get published. More likely ideas get ripped off.

Like i can write a report about how people can break into paid forums or siphon money from advertising and you can see some people will pay for that.. but i don't think the bad karma is good for my condition.

The money is helping criminals and unethical marketers to turn businesses over.

So i won't be staying in security.

Think i might take up video production or something.

cheers

steve

Okay, is IT security something you have been on top of and keep track of progress etc? Security is BIG! Of course firms & customers want to have safety as a top priority.. Some small biz or start-up biz people (or bloggers) may not have much clue about security and you could give tips or consulting?

There are lots of firms online and it's difficult to know who to trust - what antivirus would be best (lots of fake review sites etc)
Also, how do you know what sites not to click on, or when not to 'like' a certain button on Facebook??

Even telling what the black hat people wanted you to do could perhaps be helpful for some firms? (Though not sure if it wouldn't get you in trouble with the others - you might want to protect your anonymity?)
Some stuff is in articles online anyway... :) Might wanna do some research, what is being done in the field, where are niches...?

You could also give out a questionnaire to find out what people really want and wish for...

coyote

i have always wanted to make a living wrestling alligators

but there aren't very many around here that i can find

cosmosis

I work out of my home with auction sites and website. Some days its great, other days I really wish I had a simple minumum wage job with very limited responsibility. Having your own business can sometimes consume your life if you arn't careful and dealing with people on ebay is almost as bad as having a boss or coworkers...haha.

WeirdyMcGee

I'm unable to find much work at all. I don't have any skills and I haven't found any online jobs with real money prospects.
To my shame, my mom is supporting me.
I used all of my savings in the past 2 years of being indoors (not like it was much...) and I haven't been able to find a single job for money in the past year.

Usually I do art commissions.. paintings and silk screens
And acting work
Work is extremely scarce though... work that I could actually do, I mean. It's pretty disheartening.

jus

Im a network / security architect for a telco.
translated.... I get paid to watch alot of youtube etc etc