How do people get girlfriends/boyfriends so quickly?

SonicMan

As the title says, how do they do it? They split up with their partner and within 2 weeks are already with someone else. Do people just get with the first person they meet in the street or something? I go out just as much as my friends but don't know how they do it.

surewhynot

One thing to consider is that often people lose interest in their relationship as they start to grow feelings for some other person in their life, so them breaking up with their current partner and then subsequently getting with another person may be related and not coincidental, which explains the temporal proximity of both events in those particular cases.

MikeyC

Chloroform? :giggle:

But yeah, I'm not sure. I guess it's a combination of being out there a lot and putting your best side forward, coupled with not being choosy. However, bouncing from one relationship to another can't be good, either.

Earthcircle

I recall many times from my past when I have obviously put an effort into being social and people have clearly distanced themselves from me. I make people uncomfortable. I think that a person can be relaxed around others, make social efforts, and still end up alone if they make others uncomfortable. The question is why this happens.

I imagine it's like a buffet for the world's pickiest eaters. They'll sample whatever looks mildly appealing briefly, but they're not sure what they want and likely won't easily commit to a plateful. It's less about compatibility and connection and more about spur of the moment impulses.

R3K

Tons, and tons, and tons of stupid, childish, immature small talk and puebescent, hormone-driven antics.... combined with being in the right spot at the right time when some emotionally-broken chick rebounds from a superficial relationship with some brainless jock-tard.

MotherWolff

Banned
As the title says, how do they do it? They split up with their partner and within 2 weeks are already with someone else. Do people just get with the first person they meet in the street or something? I go out just as much as my friends but don't know how they do it.

Yeah. This makes me wonder how anyone can get married and stay with one person forever. I think marriage is religion-based.

So it would actually not apply to me because I am not religious at all....

OceanMist

When you are constantly talking to a lot of people every day it just happens naturally. Most people date through their friendship circle or through work.

Think about it this way, most people spend hours every day talking to people. When they do that, think about all the personal relationships they build up. Now think about all the people that trust them because they built those personal relationships. Once that trust is built, it's pretty darn easy for two horny single people to hook up with eachother when they are in the same room.

I used to wonder this too, until I started going out more and observing people. I also observed my friends when I was in a social circle and got a good idea of how things work. At first I wondered how they got so many girls, and then over time I actually saw how many people they talk to on a daily basis. When you know so many people, all it takes is one person to make a move and then things can escalate from there.

In simple terms, most people have pretty wide social circles meaning they have many options.

RegalSin

Well....you get comfortable with casual sexual attraction and stuff in that kind of lifestyle. Also some people just go out with each other for fun. It does not have to be about the flesh at all. That is the benefits of playing around with an girl. So it depends. Mostly it is people with money but at first it is people who parents are providing them.

Basically if zits, fats, and aids did not exist things would be easier for everybody. The same thing with money, race, societies, and so forth.

Their was (and is ) tons of stuff holding me back. I mean it was all stupidity, and CHANCE IS most people ignore stupidity and just goes for the goal.

dannyboy65

If a relationship comes down fast it probably won't last long. If you want a serious relationship it should take at least a year to get to know the person, because all of the best relationships start with a strong friendship. Yes guys say watch out for the friend zone, but if you want a true relationship build a friendship first.

onehandclapping

maybe i'm strange in my viewpoint but if I were dating a woman (not that I am) but if I were and someone else came along who was interesting I wouldn't think of that other person as being date material while I was still in a relationship, my thoughts about them would be totally platonic, even if my relationship was crumbling I don't think I could still switch interests or start harbouring affections for another while I was still 'in' a relationship. so I could never really do that whole thing of having someone else lined up. but its not like its going to happen anyway ,a relationship with one person i'm interested in seems at best an impossibility, let alone fancying two people!