How are you feeling?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
That's no good bud. I't not an automatic death sentence these days, but in any case not a nice thing to go through.
Sending best vibes and luck to you and your relative.

Thanks, man. From what I’ve been told, they’ll going in for surgery and staying in hospital for 3 days. Just need to get the medical checkup outta the way, first, like I did before getting my orthopaedic surgery done. But I’m hopeful that all goes well for them, even though I’ve not really had a proper good nights sleep since I got told the news, initially. :(

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Thanks, man. From what I’ve been told, they’ll going in for surgery and staying in hospital for 3 days. Just need to get the medical checkup outta the way, first, like I did before getting my orthopaedic surgery done. But I’m hopeful that all goes well for them, even though I’ve not really had a proper good nights sleep since I got told the news, initially. :(

I hate to hear that, Graeme.

Hopefully it can be removed and your relative will respond well to treatment.

Graeme1988

I hate to hear that, Graeme.

Hopefully it can be removed and your relative will respond well to treatment.

Yeah... we’re just trying to stay positive about the whole situation. Though, I’m not gonnae lie, I did think the worst when I heard the news. But they’ve had the consultancy appointment about the operation. So, at least, that’s the first part over with.

FountainandFairfax

Gus wakes me up every morning at 6:30. The problem is that he takes 5 naps a day so six hours sleep at night is fine for him.

200.webp

SilentAndShy

Why not point-out that you undervalued yourself from the start and mention all the solid work you've done for the company since? They got a good deal, it's only fair they should recognize it.

But that doesn't reflect well on me that I didn't know my own value, and to be honest, if I was in their position I'd think: "This guy is taking the piss and wants a raise because he knows others have got more." I've done my job as per my new job specification but added major extra value? Probably not enough for the money I want.

Good point, and also in 1 year you'll have more experience (and maybe a little more confidence) and you can say that you've realized that you could get more elsewhere but of course you would prefere to stay with them if they were decent enough to give you what you deserve.

I'm looking at possibly September/October to renegotiate and I'm not sure I can be fully motivated. I'll be a professional and get the job done but go that extra mile? I'm not sure. The office dynamic has changed and I'm not sure I enjoy it, maybe after five years it's time to move on. I don't know.

FountainandFairfax

Oh man I do not miss that phase, I would take them out for a pee and then try and get them to sleep again but it rarely worked so I ended up giving them a bunch of toys that were relatively quiet and dozing on and off :LOL:

Oh, I'd happily do that but I worry about him chewing into power cords. He's already so big that putting them out of reach is a no-go. For the time being, he's just dictating my sleep schedule... which ain't all bad. You get so much more done when it's super early, there's no one to get in your way. If I get up at six and go do some errands, I'll be back home by eight. If I get up at eight and do the same errands, it'll be one in the afternoon before I get done.

Still, I'm not a true convert... I'm definitely not singing the praises of pre-dawn wake-ups when it's pitch-black outside and that fat little puppy belly slides across my face. :mad: :LOL:

Graeme1988

Funny how the folk that claim to love n' care aboot ye only seem to do so when yer gone.... :(

I've felt like an afterthought to my mother for the last 2 years, yet she continues to deny this and tell me that am wrong. :mad: The fact am living off ready-made meals, porridge or cuppa soups has bugger all to do with it. Oh, and how ah only get a cooked meal when my older sister n' nieces visit. Cuz apparently my mobility issue mean am liking to burn the hoose down if am aroon the cooker.

My older sister and nieces seem more welcome in the house than me n' am f__kin' paying to keep things running smoothly. Cannae ask fur even a month to maself cuz that's no nice or fair on the wee yins. But hey, sod the fact my oldest sister is always placing the responsibility o' care for our mother on my shoulder just cuz am still living in the family home. Even though our Mum is too bloody lazy to actually take care of herself. Not that she can't, she just cannae be arse. And would rather spend more time laying on the couch, watching the telly.

My family seems to forget I've got my own life, but they seems to determined to make sure I'm as miserable as them. :mad:

Just surviving each day is getting harder and harder and harder and harder.
You'd think I would have run out of tears by now. I don't know how your body can make so many tears, week after week after week. :(

It is very difficult to drive when you have eyes full of tears. I need someone to invent little, soft silicon eye-lens-wipers, to put on when you have to be driving somewhere, but can't stop crying.

Graeme1988

Just surviving each day is getting harder and harder and harder and harder.
You'd think I would have run out of tears by now. I don't know how your body can make so many tears, week after week after week. :(

It is very difficult to drive when you have eyes full of tears. I need someone to invent little, soft silicon eye-lens-wipers, to put on when you have to be driving somewhere, but can't stop crying.

Sorry yer feeling that way, Blue. Though, I can kinda relate to how yer feeling, given what’s been happening in my life lately. :(