How are you feeling?

Xylia

I've been feeling worn down and quite unattractive lately so I stocked up on some nice beauty products. Mostly lotions, body washes, moisturizers, hair products and other pampering essentials. I'm also going to dye my hair. Nothing dramatic as I'm doing it myself. Yet, I'm thinking about going to a colorist and having her dye my hair some dramatically different color or getting a new hairstyle.

I've been thinking of stocking up myself... I'm still using things that are years old :rolleyes: What color are you dying your hair? I usually do auburn / reddish. I stay with highlights, though, because I don't go to hair dressers that often. If you need some ideas for a hairstyle, check out the link on the side of the photos below. I wish I could do my hair like this on my own:

art114.jpg

art113.jpg

Sinar_Matahari

I've been thinking of stocking up myself... I'm still using things that are years old :rolleyes: What color are you dying your hair? I usually do auburn / reddish. I stay with highlights, though, because I don't go to hair dressers that often. If you need some ideas for a hairstyle, check out the link on the side of the photos below. I wish I could do my hair like this on my own:

art114.jpg

art113.jpg

Those are beautiful! Thanks for the links. I like the first one especially. Both fortunately and unfortunately, I'm very low-maintenance when it comes to my hair so If I were to get a creative hairstyle that I have to fix every day, then I would not have the patience to maintain it. Part of the reason why I keep my hair long is because it won't require a lot of work other than the daily grooming/washing.

Are you Pacific Islander? If you and I have a similar skin tones then maybe the hair colors that would look good on you might look good on me.

I've done auburn before, and I'd love to do red something like dramatic red. I don't now if it would look good on my skin tone, though. Probably not. Also, I'd love to change my hairstyle, but not if I had to cut off more than three inches off the ends. I also don't want to risk getting the same haircut as everyone else. I love this red shade:

http://www.hji.co.uk/hjimages/images/qhs167/hji/medium/2006-red-fringe.jpg

If I do decide to go dramatic red, I'd probably go to a colorist so that I can at least get it done right. When I have dyed my hair in the past, auburn has been the most dramatic color I've tried. I've otherwise just stuck with dark browns and different shades of black. I tell you, if I could go platinum blonde, I would in a heartbeat. lol

Last edited:

Xylia

Those are beautiful! Thanks for the links. I like the first one especially. Both fortunately and unfortunately, I'm very low-maintenance when it comes to my hair so If I were to get a creative hairstyle that I have to fix every day, then I would not have the patience to maintain it. Part of the reason why I keep my hair long is because it won't require a lot of work other than the daily grooming/washing.

Are you Pacific Islander? If you and I have a similar skin tones then maybe the hair colors that would look good on you might look good on me.

I've done auburn before, and I'd love to do red something like dramatic red. I don't now if it would look good on my skin tone, though. Probably not. Also, I'd love to change my hairstyle, but not if I had to cut off more than three inches off the ends. I also don't want to risk getting the same haircut as everyone else. I love this red shade:

http://www.hji.co.uk/hjimages/images/qhs167/hji/medium/2006-red-fringe.jpg

If I do decide to go dramatic red, I'd probably go to a colorist so that I can at least get it done right. When I have dyed my hair in the past, auburn has been the most dramatic color I've tried. I've otherwise just stuck with dark browns and different shades of black. I tell you, if I could go platinum blonde, I would in a heartbeat. lol

Yeah, the first one is my favorite of the two :] I tried to get my last hair stylist to do it, but ended up with something completely different. She chopped too much hair off and I ended up looking more like a pixie which isn't bad, but not for me lol I don't have much patience with styling my own hair either. I usually just get it dyed once or twice a year and then make it poof out a bit more, so it isn't as flat.

Btw, that shade is pretty, but it might clash if you have darker skin? I'm Pacific Islander :p so I have a little bit of a natural tan. I use to be really dark like in my avatar, but I'm much more pale now. I try to choose colors that sorta blend well with my skin... not too contrasting. I really like the hair colors in that first pic. And you want to be blonde, huh... whyyy lol I'm biased, but I've always loved dark hair.

Xylia

I love this one, but I can't imagine the maintenance. Here is the link. I can't get the image to show.

Long Hairstyles

BTW, you have beautiful hair. Whether you actually style it or leave it the way it is, it will still look great.

Aww, thank you <3 And holy sheeit... that hairstyle is pretty, but it probably does take a lot of work and hairspray, too.

Last edited:

Sinar_Matahari

Yeah, the first one is my favorite of the two :] I tried to get my last hair stylist to do it, but ended up with something completely different. She chopped too much hair off and I ended up looking more like a pixie which isn't bad, but not for me lol I don't have much patience with styling my own hair either. I usually just get it dyed once or twice a year and then make it poof out a bit more, so it isn't as flat.

If I were you, I would have been homicidally mad at that hairdresser. I don't like having people mess with my hair. Particularly when scissors are involved. lol In my book, flat hair means silky hair. I got a mix from the unruly PI hair and Mediterranean hair so it can be difficult to handle if I actually do something with it.

Btw, that shade is pretty, but it might clash if you have darker skin? I'm Pacific Islander :p so I have a little bit of a natural tan. I use to be really dark like in my avatar, but I'm much more pale now. I try to choose colors that sorta blend well with my skin... not too contrasting. I really like the hair colors in that first pic. And you want to be blonde, huh... whyyy lol I'm biased, but I've always loved dark hair.

I think I have a medium skin tone. Pretty much as light as a Pacific Islander can get. Still, you're probably right about that shade clashing with my skin tone. I really like dramatic hair colors. Namely, black, platinum blonde(very light blonde) or vibrant red. I actually do prefer dark hair in general, but I'm a sucker for red hair.

Last edited:

Sinar_Matahari

Aww, thank you <3 And holy sheeit... that hairstyle is pretty, but it probably take a lot of work and hairspray, too.

:) We're highjacking this thread with girly, hair talk. :D I gotta go rinse this crap off my hair. It's starting to burn and it's not even permanent. I'm pretty sure those stains on my bathroom floor won't wash off so easily, though. ::p:

Xylia

If I were you, I would have been homicidally mad at that hairdresser. I don't like having people mess with my hair. Particularly when scissors are involved. lol In my book, flat hair means silky hair. I got a mix from the unruly PI hair and Mediterranean hair so it can be difficult to handle if I actually do something with it.

So, you have that nice, thick hair that I've always wanted lol... And I was a little pissed at the lady who did my hair, but I grit my teeth and just walked out. She looked at it like it was the best job she's ever done >.< Needless to say, I won't be going back there again.

I think I have a medium skin tone. Pretty much as light as a Pacific Islander can get. Still, you're probably right about that shade clashing with my skin tone. I really like dramatic hair colors. Namely, black, platinum blonde(very light blonde) or vibrant red. I actually do prefer dark hair in general, but I'm a sucker for red hair.

Honestly, I wish I could try purplish hair, but the shades I like probably wouldn't look right on me. It looks good on my game characters, though lol I might try this toned down purple next time...

purplehair.jpg

Xylia

:) We're highjacking this thread with girly, hair talk. :D I gotta go rinse this crap off my hair. It's starting to burn and it's not even permanent. I'm pretty sure those stains on my bathroom floor won't wash off so easily, though. ::p:

Yeah, you're right... Well, hope it turns out ok for you.

Dr. Doom

Didnt sleep last night. Was so anxious about school. Now it's going to be a looong 6-7 hours. At least I got the stain out of my favorite khakis? Kinda happy bout that.

Sinar_Matahari

So, you have that nice, thick hair that I've always wanted lol... And I was a little pissed at the lady who did my hair, but I grit my teeth and just walked out. She looked at it like it was the best job she's ever done >.< Needless to say, I won't be going back there again.

The grass always seems greener, I guess. My hair gets frizzy and poufy when it's humid or raining.

Honestly, I wish I could try purplish hair, but the shades I like probably wouldn't look right on me. It looks good on my game characters, though lol I might try this toned down purple next time...

purplehair.jpg

That color and hairstyle are very pretty. That shade ought to flatter your complexion. Post pictures when you decide to dye your hair.

I don't have the face-shape for that sort of hairstyle, but I'd do something short and stylish if I knew it could look good.

Last edited:

Sinar_Matahari

Yeah, you're right... Well, hope it turns out ok for you.

It turned out alright. It's not that big a change - only a bit darker than my natural shade. I've often thought that my hair wasn't dark enough, but now that it's darker, I miss my lighter shade. Thankfully, it will wash out within a month.

I'm feeling some better, i'm singing now , Always cheers me up:].
I'm going to the mall tonight, just invited a friend to go shopping together.
If she can't, I'm still going with my parents and bro :)

U

userremoved

Mad, angry, ticked off, indignant, sore, furious, incensed, cross, heated, irate, and mad.