How are you feeling?

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I know... It's not so much wanting to leave. I just wish ah could come to this forum and express what I going through, like I used to. But words fail me at this point. Cuz everyday brings yet more petty, immature, family arguments that I just have to quietly endure. :kickingmyself: And it's been like that since August of this year. Because my older sister is a very hostile, unreasonable person who, like our mother and oldest sibling, doesn't react well to being told the truth, or that she's wrong. :thumbdown:

While inside my head I'm going: :eek:mg: :eek:

Mate, after reading your post's for some time now, it seems to me you're stuck on a merry go round. Overall nothing seems to change (your situation).

Sometimes I can come across a bit blunt and I apologize if I do that now, I certainly mean no offence. But what's the definition of madness? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?.. something like that.

I guess what I'm saying is it seem's your family is unwilling to change to make things better. It drive you bat sh!t crazy, it get's you down.. rinse and repeat.

Is it time to look at your options? I mean, if you're TRULY unhappy with how things are then you need to look at what you can do.
If you moved into your own apartment, perhaps things with your family might improve? It's amazing how cranky and inconsiderate people get when they are living together. It's nigh on impossible to get someone else to change. So are you flogging a dead horse?

If you aren't happy, you have to try and change things. Or understand that as you lay on your deathbed, all you will have to recall is unhappy memories of fighting with your family.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Mate, after reading your post's for some time now, it seems to me you're stuck on a merry go round. Overall nothing seems to change (your situation).

Sometimes I can come across a bit blunt and I apologize if I do that now, I certainly mean no offence. But what's the definition of madness? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?.. something like that.

I guess what I'm saying is it seem's your family is unwilling to change to make things better. It drive you bat sh!t crazy, it get's you down.. rinse and repeat.

Is it time to look at your options? I mean, if you're TRULY unhappy with how things are then you need to look at what you can do.
If you moved into your own apartment, perhaps things with your family might improve? It's amazing how cranky and inconsiderate people get when they are living together. It's nigh on impossible to get someone else to change. So are you flogging a dead horse?

If you aren't happy, you have to try and change things. Or understand that as you lay on your deathbed, all you will have to recall is unhappy memories of fighting with your family.

Nay need to say sorry, Pug. Yer 100% right in what ya said. So am no going tae throw tantrum n' start: "Who tha fu... How feckin' dare you!" :verangry:

Ah know I'm not happy, and things need to change. But it's no easy trying to reason with a bunch o' wimmin who only think aboot themselves, play the victim - make me oot tae be the bad yin all the time - and make them see that I'm the one who has put up with their petty, immature arguments.

Of course, they're unwilling to change for the better. Collectively, my mother and older sisters are too proud to admit when they're wrong. Cuz in their mind, they're never wrong. Ya can reason with folk like that.

Plus, my mother would rather living in denial, make excuses, be lazy and feel sorry for herself than change for the better. Complaining to me about how my sisters treat her like shit. And yet, she won't tolerate me calling her stupid or swearing at her. :idontknow:

The only option really is moving out and living on my own. My mother and sister are not gonnae really change until I'm around to manipulate or be the scapegoat for their problems. Cuz despite what they say, they sure don't think "very highly of me".

Plus, I've been validated and proven right in every observation I've made about my family, lately. But who care if I've point out how immature and petty they are since I was 18. But then that's how they've always been... :kickingmyself:

Don't worry though, things will be changing come next year. Cuz I'm done being fobbed off with "I'm sorry... I'll change. I promise". :thumbdown:

PugofCrydee

Of course, they're unwilling to change for the better.

Cuz in their mind, they're never wrong. Ya can reason with folk like that.

There are many people out there with no insight, no ability to step back and take a look at their own behavior or look at themselves.

It's just not in them.

I genuinely think space is what you need. Your family probably thinks that you will never move out and become independent. Imagine the shock i their minds if you did.. lol :thumbup:

Graeme1988

There are many people out there with no insight, no ability to step back and take a look at their own behavior or look at themselves.

It's just not in them.

Ah know... It's worse when it's yer ain family, though. :thumbdown: :kickingmyself:

I genuinely think space is what you need. Your family probably thinks that you will never move out and become independent. Imagine the shock i their minds if you did.. lol :thumbup:

Oh aye! They definitely think that, that's why they constantly say they're concerned about me. And my Mum openly expressed her doubts about me living on my own when I brought up the topic of moving out last year, yet she recently acknowledged that I'm more willing to do stuff around the house than she is.

Well, they're in for a shock in a few months time, cuz next year, I'll be getting a place of my own. Not applied to my local council about it yet, but I've found out you can fill out their housing application form online so yer eligible for rehousing.
yes-fist-pump-smiley-emoticon.gif

Hot_Tamale

Worst..Christmas..Season..EVER! This is not hyperbole.

I posted 2 months ago about my family and I adopting a new puppy from the local animal shelter. Before she was picked up by the animal shelter she was found on the streets. She is a beautiful, highly intelligent border collie and I am the one that paid for her, I am the one that bought all of her toys, and I am the one that showers her with attention, food, and water every evening.

But no, all of my puppy's redeeming qualities get flushed down the toilet because...wait for it....she chews on everything!!! She has torn halfway through a wooden garage door and ripped apart a dusty, old exercise bench because of her need to chew.

She will go back to the shelter before the end of November and I am powerless to do anything because apparently I should be glad to be a 31 year old with a place to live because I cannot afford my own living quarters yet. None of my few friends or family members are willing to take her in, I have no counselor to meet anymore and obviously no girlfriend but I'm not concerned about my well-being, I'm concerned about my dog!

Pray that my collie finds a good home...this is going to hurt like f_cking hell soon whether she finds a new home or returns to a shelter.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I have to pick up a dresser from a furniture store in a little while and I've been up all stinking night.

My mother bought it yesterday and she's meeting me and my brother down there so I'm just sitting here waiting for the dreaded call.

My brother's a 38-year old coke-head that lives with my mom and he's going to be ill as shit because he's got to be up before 4:00 pm.

It's all a recipe for disaster, my social phobia and insomnia, his horrendous personality, and my mother's complete inability to pick a battle or let anything slide.

On top of that, I'm looking at working with my grandpa the rest of the day once all that's through.

Hell and damnation.

PugofCrydee

in general though Even if a woman isnt a nun, feeding hungry people is a very noble thing to do.

I'm glad you pointed that out because I thought only nuns were good women.:idontknow:

On the other hand, did you know mother teresa withheld pain relief medication from the terminally ill in her care because she thought it was wasted on them?

AtTheGates

Banned
I'm glad you pointed that out because I thought only nuns were good women.:idontknow:

On the other hand, did you know mother teresa withheld pain relief medication from the terminally ill in her care because she thought it was wasted on them?

some People talked alot of crap about mother teresa . she helped ALOT of people over the years but still, some people put her down any way they could.

people talk alot of crap about christians in general. They're literally the most persecuted religious group in the world today.

look, we've talked on here before . I already know you're an atheist and other than that , the impression iv gotten by now is that you pretty much hate christians or something .

you're just trolling. I really cant see any other reasonable point/purpose as to why you even replied to my post.

so we're done here.

Last edited:

PugofCrydee

some People talked alot of crap about mother teresa . she helped ALOT of people over the years but still, some people put her down any way they could.

people talk alot of crap about christians in general. They're literally the most persecuted religious group in the world today.

look, we've talked on here before . I already know you're an atheist and other than that , the impression iv gotten by now is that you pretty much hate christians or something .

you're just trolling. I really cant see any other reasonable point/purpose as to why you even replied to my post.

so we're done here.

I can see you pretty much hate/disagree with reality and choose to cherry pick the parts you like. Cool man, if thats how you choose to do it.

I was trying.. to discuss facts with you. You chose to bury your head in the sand. Typical really.

No I don't 'hate' christians. 'Persecuted' is a pretty strange word you choose to use.

I'm not arguing with you, it's pointless when someone refuses to use reason.

AtTheGates

Banned
I can see you pretty much hate/disagree with reality and choose to cherry pick the parts you like. Cool man, if thats how you choose to do it.

I was trying.. to discuss facts with you. You chose to bury your head in the sand. Typical really.

No I don't 'hate' christians. 'Persecuted' is a pretty strange word you choose to use.

I'm not arguing with you, it's pointless when someone refuses to use reason.

all you're doing is trolling me just for the sake of it. its not the first time you've done this.

there's nothing left to discuss, we've had two discussions on here and I smoked you with facts both times .

its almost like you respond to some of my posts specifically to start an argument . and no I dont think persecution is a "strange word to use". I wasnt referring to myself , I was referring more to mother teresa after you brought her up.

Christianity was deemed to be the most persecuted religious group in the entire world in 2016 . just look it up.

lastly, someone was just given the mother teresa award for helping people out on such a large scale. She has her OWN award . That speaks volumes above all the other crap people have said about her. nuff said.

https://inhabitat.com/shigeru-ban-h...r-dedication-to-disaster-relief-architecture/

we're done here. iv got better things to do than argue about mother teresa with an atheist. I already know the outcome of the discussion.

peace.

Last edited:

PugofCrydee

all you're doing is trolling me just for the sake of it. its not the first time you've done this.

there's nothing left to discuss, we've had two discussions on here and I smoked you with facts both times .

No one is trolling you. Just because someone disagrees with you, or has a different view point it doesn't mean your getting 'trolled'. But I'm not sure you understand that.

Oh, and you 'smoked' no one previously. You proved nothing.

Have a nice day. (I genuinely mean that Athegates) :)

Remus

Staff member
AtTheGates and PugofCrydee, can you guys just block each other, the bickering is becoming tedious.

PugofCrydee

AtTheGates and PugofCrydee, can you guys just block each other

I'll just ignore. I've never blocked before and I wont start now.

"the bickering is becoming tedious."

At least we are putting something up to read - even if it is a disagreement of sorts.. it's been a little slow here lately..

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Ah dinnae see the point of anything anymore. :sad: My life seems pointless, my family sure as f*ck don't respect me. Never have. But then I've spent the past 15 years questioning whether my mother and sisters know how to respect men or people in general. Cuz they sure hate being called on their entitled attitude, but huv no issue telling me I'm worthless.

But anyway, I've got my name down for a place of my own. Just need to wait for my local council to get back to me when they find a place that meets my required accessiblity needs.
happy-dancing.gif
Wish this year was ending on a better note for me - I should've done that sooner, moving out.

defiance

I just feel anger, frustration and sadness all the time. There was a time where moments of clarity and calmness, although rare, happened. How did I go from being a calm and collected person to feeling so much rage. I mean the depression and anxiety were always there but now they won't leave me along at all and on top of that there is this rage that won't go away. This is exactly the opposite of who I really am but my mind is just f*cking with me in new ways now I guess.

Graeme1988

Anxious, but them to be how I am naturally. Dreading the backlash I'm gonnae get upon me telling my mother that I'm moving oot. Cuz ah know the guilt-trip's coming like... that's all the wimmin in my immediate family know to do. Make me feel bad for my own decision. :thumbdown: :kickingmyself: Yet they tell me I'm "the sensible one"? :idontknow: