How are you feeling?

Conflicted - guy I may be dating is wonderful but has lots of friends and things happening in his life.

I had begun to build a more substantial social life not too long ago. I gave up when I slipped back into a deep depression.

New guy is making me want to have a social life again. Hearing about his friends and seeing them post on his Facebook wall stirs feelings of loneliness in me, and a feeling of "I want what he has".

But I know I can't go back to how I used to be. I know too much now.

Best I can do right now is pretend to be normal and take all the good I can get while ignoring the bad. And see how long it lasts.

Seeing him next week is going to be a bit nerve-wracking with all his friends and family I will be meeting. I'm afraid of their judgment. I hope they like me. I hope they don't think I am strange or strange-looking...

It will also be amazing to see him after not having seen him for three years. He's changed so much, and yet so little, if that makes sense. He might be the best thing that has ever happened to me so far.

We'll see.

Srijita52

got into a huge blowout with my boyfriend the other night and we haven't talked since. work has kept me distracted but now that i am home (we are usually inseparable) it's sinking in. i don't mind being alone but it's the way the fight went. it's like i watched the warmth and affection drain out of him from his head to his toes. it drained out and all that was left was a cold statue of someone who physically resembled the person i've loved. who is this cold, callous shell? he wouldn't talk to me, he wouldn't pay me any regard, nothing. this is all because i told him what i need from this relationship. he couldn't handle it. he didn't want to hear it or talk about it. does this make the relationship a total sham?
I'm sorry dottie, I know I'm the last person to say anything about relationship. But maybe he a needs a little time to understand where you're coming from? I hope things get better though.
I think I did. My favourite part was playing with the dog, to be honest, ha.

That kind of apathy can sometimes be a good thing. I know it'll pass, but yeah, enjoy it right now. I think you're wonderful, anyway.
I'm glad you did, aw that dog seems too awesome. I wish I could play with it too hehe.
Thank you, I'm trying to enjoy it without overthinking. You're very wonderful too. :)

dottie

thanks, mates, hope you're right.

@tally_lyra, i understand your nerves about meeting the friends/family. maybe you can convince yourself in the moment that you are excited and not nervous. sometimes i have to delude myself in this way. good luck!

MikeyC

Conflicted - guy I may be dating is wonderful but has lots of friends and things happening in his life.

I had begun to build a more substantial social life not too long ago. I gave up when I slipped back into a deep depression.

New guy is making me want to have a social life again. Hearing about his friends and seeing them post on his Facebook wall stirs feelings of loneliness in me, and a feeling of "I want what he has".

But I know I can't go back to how I used to be. I know too much now.

Best I can do right now is pretend to be normal and take all the good I can get while ignoring the bad. And see how long it lasts.

Seeing him next week is going to be a bit nerve-wracking with all his friends and family I will be meeting. I'm afraid of their judgment. I hope they like me. I hope they don't think I am strange or strange-looking...

It will also be amazing to see him after not having seen him for three years. He's changed so much, and yet so little, if that makes sense. He might be the best thing that has ever happened to me so far.

We'll see.
I say just see him and see how it goes. I don't know why anyone would judge you or think you're "strange looking." He sounds like a pretty great person so I'm sure you'll be okay around his friends. His extroversion would be unnerving but if he's as good as you claim, he will make you feel as comfortable as possible.

Good luck, my friend. :)

I'm glad you did, aw that dog seems too awesome. I wish I could play with it too hehe.
Thank you, I'm trying to enjoy it without overthinking. You're very wonderful too. :)
Yeah, that was a highlight for me, ha. No need to overthink it - just take it steady. :)

MsBuzzkillington

Last night I went to a friend's place, where 4 of us jammed with guitars and drums, flayed some Foosball, and just chatted. I am too quiet and I know I don't get into the conversation enough, but I feel like I can't a lot of the time. Plus two of them were talking about money and future careers and stuff, which made me a little upset.

They've got this huge great dane, too. It was the most placid animal and loved affection. I wanted to steal him. Here's a couple of pictures of us with this dog:

IMG_0041.jpg

Right now I'm feeling odd. I got up way too late and I don't really know what to do. I can feel a headache on the brink of exploding. I think I'll just relax and do very little today.

Feeling hot and bothered. :p

TheGirlInTheCorner

Funny perculiar, a little sorry for myself and wobbly. Perhaps it is the thought of the charity picnic - I can cope with the people, but I can't cope with being the girl in the corner, again. I prefer to be the hostess in the kitchen, baking the goods where no one can see me, talk to me or make me say things that are so stupid that they reject me. I want to feel happy and positive, I do, so much. Like I did yesterday. I still have to bake another cake so will probably soon feel better. Right now, i could probably just do with a hug and at 32, a bear simply won't do. ::(:

Okay, thank you for listening. I am already feeling better! :D

MikeyC

Hahahahahahaha......!

Mikey, you do look so cute. I want to see what you look like in a tailored suit....I already know the answer is handsome.
I have been in a suit before, about 10 years ago. I scrubbed up okay. :)

Funny perculiar, a little sorry for myself and wobbly. Perhaps it is the thought of the charity picnic - I can cope with the people, but I can't cope with being the girl in the corner, again. I prefer to be the hostess in the kitchen, baking the goods where no one can see me, talk to me or make me say things that are so stupid that they reject me. I want to feel happy and positive, I do, so much. Like I did yesterday. I still have to bake another cake so will probably soon feel better. Right now, i could probably just do with a hug and at 32, a bear simply won't do. ::(:

I hope this charity picnic goes well.

*hug* ;)

aidan

i feel so down and miserable, girl i really liked who i dated for a few weeks broke up with me for good last night. she was my first girlfriend and I'm 28, i feel a bit devastated. we were on a break, but the break, but obviously thats transpired for good. i known her for 2 years almost, i even moved out of home to be closer to her so we could see each other more, now I'm stuck in a town with no friends and feel very lonely and trapped. what a fool i am.

Nathália

Hi, girlinthecorner, I hope you can get involved at events more good luck to you. I know there's nothing like a real hug, I give random hugs to the people I care about when I'm down *air hugs to you though*

Nathália

You make a excellent "scrub". Even you scruffy isn't bad.

i feel so down and miserable, girl i really liked who i dated for a few weeks broke up with me for good last night. she was my first girlfriend and I'm 28, i feel a bit devastated. we were on a break, but the break, but obviously thats transpired for good. i known her for 2 years almost, i even moved out of home to be closer to her so we could see each other more, now I'm stuck in a town with no friends and feel very lonely and trapped. what a fool i am.

You're not a fool, just did what your heart desired. That's unfortunate that happened, I know it burns ::(:. I hope you can find a way out...

MikeyC

I'm sorry, mate. Sometimes these things happen and it's not until it's too late that we realise we have made a big mistake. You gave it a try, anyway. At least take solace in that fact, even though it'd be hard to see right now.

You make a excellent "scrub". Even you scruffy isn't bad.
Ha, thank you, Beleza. :)

Yea, isn't that dog really cute! :)

Mikey's sexy and he knows it!!! ;)
Mikey doesn't know it! And why can't local girls think like you? That would really help me out. :)

TheGirlInTheCorner

I hope this charity picnic goes well.

*hug* ;)

Hi, girlinthecorner, I hope you can get involved at events more good luck to you. I know there's nothing like a real hug, I give random hugs to the people I care about when I'm down *air hugs to you though*

Thanks. Hugs definitely required. The last cake is done, though it doesn't look quite right and I am looking out of the window at all the families going by...

Srijita52

Ah, I'm sorry, mate. ::(: I know I'm an online guy to you but you can still chat to me if you need it.
Same here Kia.
Feeling hot and bothered. :p
Hehe I know how you feel Buzz :p

*hugs*
You're not a fool, I agree with Mikey, atleast you gave it a try. I'm sorry.

Daniel089

I feel I can't be myself, because whenever I talk with people even online even for real, I'm ashamed of nearly anything I say and the way I say it. If only I could just have confidence and power to defeat my worries. I feel It would just be good to talk to someone about thisbut I hardly think that would help me...

Last edited: