How are you feeling?

Daniel089

I'm feeling like I am the most worthless piece of anything in this world. I have to struggle with studying for 8 different exams in 1 month, when I'm not studying I do nothing but gaming and looking at other peoples stuff on fb and begin to be envious of their social life. Every picture of others having fun, every naughty talk between girls and guys, everyone who is already 8 years younger than me had more fun with real people than me in my entire life. I have to say the fact that I can't talk to any girl somehow bothers me more that I don't have friends, buddies, etc... I can't say how all of this bothers me, sometimes I think of suicide, I'm capable of enduring a few seconds until I die, rather than enduring God knows how much time until I actually hang out with others and stop worrying about how much of a loser I am... I feel I'm losing patience with life. I wish I would have been more open back then when I was a kid, because I chose to live in a prison, I am still locked in it, and nobody is going to free me, I have to free myself, ergo I have to start opening to others, and this is the hardest thing ever...

Valhalla

I'm feeling like I am the most worthless piece of anything in this world. I have to struggle with studying for 8 different exams in 1 month, when I'm not studying I do nothing but gaming and looking at other peoples stuff on fb and begin to be envious of their social life. Every picture of others having fun, every naughty talk between girls and guys, everyone who is already 8 years younger than me had more fun with real people than me in my entire life. I have to say the fact that I can't talk to any girl somehow bothers me more that I don't have friends, buddies, etc... I can't say how all of this bothers me, sometimes I think of suicide, I'm capable of enduring a few seconds until I die, rather than enduring God knows how much time until I actually hang out with others and stop worrying about how much of a loser I am... I feel I'm losing patience with life. I wish I would have been more open back then when I was a kid, because I chose to live in a prison, I am still locked in it, and nobody is going to free me, I have to free myself, ergo I have to start opening to others, and this is the hardest thing ever...

I'm sorry you feel this way, if it's to any comfort I'm just like you. Some day you might find yourself in one of those situations and social lifestyles you dire for, just hang on till then. Focus on the little things, like your gaming so you don't crash. We can only wait for now, or at least so do I!

Daniel089

I'm sorry you feel this way, if it's to any comfort I'm just like you. Some day you might find yourself in one of those situations and social lifestyles you dire for, just hang on till then. Focus on the little things, like your gaming so you don't crash. We can only wait for now, or at least so do I!

Thanks, but I feel I'm tired of waiting, I'm waiting for something that never happened to me. I wanna be someone who I'm not right now. I even thought of telling 1-2 people who I would talk to (old classmates) about my life and all of its miseries. For example it's summer coming, and I know already that I'm not gonna meet new girls in parties, I'm not gonna meet new people, I'm not gonna go to the beach or anything, I'm gonna sit home, and I'm gonna do some student work to get money and that's it. At work I'll meet brand new people, but that doesn't matter, because sooner or later they'll just know how self-contained I am, because of my behaviour, or because I told them stuff during a conversation that leads them to that opinion.
And I have to say I always forget that some people here might be the same as me...

Valhalla

Thanks, but I feel I'm tired of waiting, I'm waiting for something that never happened to me. I wanna be someone who I'm not right now. I even thought of telling 1-2 people who I would talk to (old classmates) about my life and all of its miseries. For example it's summer coming, and I know already that I'm not gonna meet new girls in parties, I'm not gonna meet new people, I'm not gonna go to the beach or anything, I'm gonna sit home, and I'm gonna do some student work to get money and that's it. At work I'll meet brand new people, but that doesn't matter, because sooner or later they'll just know how self-contained I am.
And I have to say I always forget that some people here might be the same as me...

I've been waiting for a long time now, my entire life one could say, for some geniue social life to happen to me. I'm miserable over the summer. I will be at home most of the time and stare into the computer. No job, no studies, no friends, no income. I have almost no money, I'm nearly shut off from the world. I try to focus on how good a beer tastes, and how fun this computer game is, it is impossible not to think about everything I miss because I spot people going in groups, driving cars or riding motorcycles outside my house. But right now, there's nothing I can do, I'm on the edge of insanity but try to medicate myself with small doses of enjoyment.

Last edited:

persianfan247

I often feel like you guys as well, but I don't think waiting is the answer, you have to actively go out and persue a social life. Though I do realise by waiting you could mean, patiently persuing a social life.

Blame hormones but do you guys think wanting a girlfriend as the main motivation for wanting a social life is ok. Because I kind of feel like a perverted sex obsessed freak.

MikeyC

Don't forget that people only post up the good stuff on Facebook. Sure, there may be 100 photos of some awesome party, but what that doesn't show are the ones who can't handle their alcohol, the fights that occur, the stupid talking, and so on.

You're taking exams so that means you're doing important things with your life, and that's got to be commended.

I know it's easy to say all this, but just try to keep these in mind.

Valhalla

I often feel like you guys as well, but I don't think waiting is the answer, you have to actively go out and persue a social life. Though I do realise by waiting you could mean, patiently persuing a social life.

Blame hormones but do you guys think wanting a girlfriend as the main motivation for wanting a social life is ok. Because I kind of feel like a perverted sex obsessed freak.

By waiting, in my case, I'm talking about education. Which may, or may not, be a way to friendship, or at least meet new people.

But until then, there's no way I can connect with people as of now.

It's OK, not only that, but fully normal. Even if girlfriends comes to my mind, I've never even considered I would get one. It's just impossible. Maybe if I get really lucky some day, now I just want people I at least know.

(Sorry for off-topic)

Last edited:

persianfan247

By waiting, in my case, I'm talking about education. Which may, or may not, be a way to friendship, or at least meet new people.

But until then, there's no way I can connect with people as of now.

It's OK, not only that, but fully normal. Even if girlfriends comes to my mind, I've never even considered I would get one. It's just impossible. Maybe if I get really lucky some day, now I just want people I at least know.

(Sorry for off-topic)

Sorry to continue this off topic conversation but by education do you mean gaining an education or becoming socially educated.

alak

*snips*looking at other peoples stuff on fb and begin to be envious of their social life. Every picture of others having fun, every naughty talk between girls and guys, everyone who is already 8 years younger than me had more fun with real people than me in my entire life.

I absolutely HATE facebook for that reason, but I'm drawn in. Here I am, graduated from college, too scared to go out and get a job or do volunteer work, and I watch everyone elses' lives out the window. I feel like such a loser, living with my parents for a year now, while people I know have these amazing lives. I feel so envious. I also wish I did more but I was so scared and anxious of being judged at the time. College is allegedly the best years of our lives and I spent the whole time locked alone in my room scared and crying.

Shyangel

Don't feel too bad, Srijita. We all do things a little or alot embarrassing sometimes. The fact is, the people you did it in front of probably think alot less of it then you. They may even of not noticed. You have many more chances to get it right in the future. Don't worry about it. :)

How I'm feeling....

I'm feeling confused, nervous, and excited. Eric invited to to his house tomorrow. That's normal, we usually do that. This time one of his friends and his GF is gonna be spending the night as well. I've talked to this friend on Facebook, so that's makes me extra nervous because I'm afraid I can't live up to whatever he thinks of me. I'm afraid he's gonna hate me and wonder why Eric likes me. He seems like a really cool guy. I really want to be friends with him. Do you guys know how I can not mess this up? I'm so afraid.

MikeyC

I'm feeling confused, nervous, and excited. Eric invited to to his house tomorrow. That's normal, we usually do that. This time one of his friends and his GF is gonna be spending the night as well. I've talked to this friend on Facebook, so that's makes me extra nervous because I'm afraid I can't live up to whatever he thinks of me. I'm afraid he's gonna hate me and wonder why Eric likes me. He seems like a really cool guy. I really want to be friends with him. Do you guys know how I can not mess this up? I'm so afraid.
How to not mess it up? Be yourself. You're lovely. He will like you for who you are.

Srijita52

I understand. I'm sorry you feel like this, Srijita. I would still love to hang out with you one day.
Thanks Mikey, I'd love to hang out with you too. You're so amazing. :)
Don't feel too bad, Srijita. We all do things a little or alot embarrassing sometimes. The fact is, the people you did it in front of probably think alot less of it then you. They may even of not noticed. You have many more chances to get it right in the future. Don't worry about it. :)

How I'm feeling....

Thanks Shyangel. :) I think you're right, its just I tend to overthink every little thing.
I agree with Mikey, you're perfect the way are. You're such a lovely person, I'm sure they'll like you. Good luck!

Shyangel

Thanks so much guys. Your to nice. :) I hope I can make friends and not act weird. I swear I would die happy if this goes well.