How are you feeling?

PunchSydeiron

I have a rather unusual problem. I have a crush on a buddy of mine on DeviantArt. She has Autism just like I do, so she knows about almost everything that I've been through because she's been through the same stuff. She and I like quite a few of the same things, like the same TV shows, among other things. She's so cute, sweet, kind, and understanding. If there's anyone online who I would want to hug in real life the most, it would be her. Sometimes at night, I like to think about her as I hug and snuggle up with my pillow as if she was there (<= That's normal, right? Lol.) She lives in Florida and I live in South Carolina, so there's just about 0 chance that we can ever meet face-to-face (I don't think that I would want to, anyway because I'm not nearly as great in real life as I am online.) I've told her often how much I care about her as a friend, but I've never been able to bring myself to tell her how I really feel. I'm afraid that I might be putting our friendship in jeopardy if I try to tell her how I feel about her. Should I forget about it and just be happy with our friendship or should I throw caution to the wind and tell her my true feelings about her. I've heard about DA couples, but how do they work? How can I have a girlfriend who's so far away from me whom I may never meet in real life? Does anyone have any advice about what I should do?

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
A little on edge. I'm back home, and my brother has a girlfriend who'll be spending some time with us at some point during the break most likely. As I remember her from high school, she is a very loud and extroverted person.

That's fine, those are good qualities (total opposite of me, which makes sense since my brother have personalities totally opposite of one another), and if she just comes to the house I can hang out in my room if I want. My dad has suggested we all go somewhere tomorrow, I'm dreading that though. It'll be hard to go unnoticed when someone who radiates attention is in your party. Yaaay future uncomfortableness. :rolleyes: (better than sitting comfortably in my room though, even if you guys are awesome ::p:)

Flowers-Of-Bloom

Trying not to feel sad. I have to distract myself sometimes... listen to up-beat music (or at least avoid anything remotely depressing) and try not to think negative things.
Sort of like keeping my head above water when there's something trying to pull me under.

So I suppose I feel mostly discontented. But not sad or depressed.

DeadmanWalking

Trying not to feel sad. I have to distract myself sometimes... listen to up-beat music (or at least avoid anything remotely depressing) and try not to think negative things.
Sort of like keeping my head above water when there's something trying to pull me under.

So I suppose I feel mostly discontented. But not sad or depressed.

Hmmm, what's got you feeling sad? I mean, you're doing the right thing by placing yourself in upbeat situations, but the pain will never go away until you confront what's making you feel sad.

Flowers-Of-Bloom

Hmmm, what's got you feeling sad? I mean, you're doing the right thing by placing yourself in upbeat situations, but the pain will never go away until you confront what's making you feel sad.

You're right, but I don't know how to deal with things so I tend to just avoid uncomfortable feelings and situations.
I'm almost always alone, but today for the first time in a long time, I felt lonely. I don't know why. Maybe today's just an off-day for me. There's other things, but rather not get into it.

DeadmanWalking

You're right, but I don't know how to deal with things so I tend to just avoid uncomfortable feelings and situations.
I'm almost always alone, but today for the first time in a long time, I felt lonely. I don't know why. Maybe today's just an off-day for me. There's other things, but rather not get into it.

You can't avoid problems forever; eventually, you're going to have to fight them, whether you're prepared to or not. I'm not telling you to tell me what's on your mind or to hurry up and deal with it. What I am saying is that you should prepare yourself for when the time comes because it could be in a few minutes, days, or years.

If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm always on here. It can get lonely on here as well, but we do what we can to make sure that doesn't happen as much. You're never alone, okay? Also, for getting friends that you can go hang out with, maybe you should try joining some clubs in the area.

Silatuyok

I have a rather unusual problem. I have a crush on a buddy of mine on DeviantArt. She has Autism just like I do, so she knows about almost everything that I've been through because she's been through the same stuff. She and I like quite a few of the same things, like the same TV shows, among other things. She's so cute, sweet, kind, and understanding. If there's anyone online who I would want to hug in real life the most, it would be her. Sometimes at night, I like to think about her as I hug and snuggle up with my pillow as if she was there (<= That's normal, right? Lol.) She lives in Florida and I live in South Carolina, so there's just about 0 chance that we can ever meet face-to-face (I don't think that I would want to, anyway because I'm not nearly as great in real life as I am online.) I've told her often how much I care about her as a friend, but I've never been able to bring myself to tell her how I really feel. I'm afraid that I might be putting our friendship in jeopardy if I try to tell her how I feel about her. Should I forget about it and just be happy with our friendship or should I throw caution to the wind and tell her my true feelings about her. I've heard about DA couples, but how do they work? How can I have a girlfriend who's so far away from me whom I may never meet in real life? Does anyone have any advice about what I should do?

Well, Florida and South Carolina are actually quite close to each other. I think that saying there is zero chance you will EVER meet is a bit extreme.

I don't see how telling your true feelings to someone you only know online could really ruin your friendship, so why not do it? It may open up doors for you two to one day be able to meet and develop your relationship further.

I feel happy because i keep my mind busy with positive thoughts since i have many plans i need to work on. I've been shopping all day long and now i'm about to see some episodes of my favorite anime. hell yeah!

DeadmanWalking

I feel happy because i keep my mind busy with positive thoughts since i have many plans i need to work on. I've been shopping all day long and now i'm about to see some episodes of my favorite anime. hell yeah!

Hey, do you have some room for one more on your anime matinee? What are we watching:D?

Insanewoman389

I feel so depressed. I went out yesterday thinking I looked fine and then I saw myself in the car mirror and God! I looked hideous and it just....I wish I looked prettier and more grown up but I look like a fat red faced 10 year old with the worst side burns ever! I hate when that happens, you go out thinking you look nice just to find out while your out that you look awful! Sorry just needed to rant.

coyote

I feel so depressed. I went out yesterday thinking I looked fine and then I saw myself in the car mirror and God! I looked hideous and it just....I wish I looked prettier and more grown up but I look like a fat red faced 10 year old with the worst side burns ever! I hate when that happens, you go out thinking you look nice just to find out while your out that you look awful! Sorry just needed to rant.

yes, i'm fortunate enough to have a "good mirror" in my bathroom

once i'm satisfied with how i look, i try not to catch my own reflection for the rest of the day while i'm out

just so as not to ruin the image

Invisibleman

Im feeling really crappy as I always do when I sleep in really late on a saturday.Its not like I was going to leave my room at all today but still...

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I've got that feeling you get when you sit down to Monopoly, you really don't want to play but you've said yes because everyone else was excited and now you're stuck for a couple of hours when you'd rather be doing other stuff.

I feel the same way when someone else calls the top hat before I do. Everyone knows the wheelbarrow never wins.

MikeyC

Well, that sucks, Flowers. ::(: I hope you feel better soon. I can't have fellow Australians feeling down!

Oh, I'm sure you're beautiful. :) People are their own worst critics when it comes to their appearance.

I've got that feeling you get when you sit down to Monopoly, you really don't want to play but you've said yes because everyone else was excited and now you're stuck for a couple of hours when you'd rather be doing other stuff.
Of course. How can an iron be a landlord? Strange game. ;)

Blabla..

yes, i'm fortunate enough to have a "good mirror" in my bathroom

once i'm satisfied with how i look, i try not to catch my own reflection for the rest of the day while i'm out

just so as not to ruin the image

haha , that's pretty funny and i do this too