Horrible horrible news on my side...

Kathryn.fr

I thought that within 2 weeks of staying at my friends I could get a job in time, I was stayingwatching her cats for her. Now she can't make rent next month and I have to go. I tried asking my dad if I can come back (which is where I was) and said no. Told me to go to my sisters, and she replies like a moron like she doesn't understand what I'm saying but I said it very clearly. I'm homeless and she's just like "Huh what does that mean?" then stops talking to me. So I think I'm going to shelter, hopefully I don't end up on the news tgirl raped and murdered in alley way.

MikeyC

I think you should ask your dad or your sister again. Homelessness is a massive deal and they need to see that you need them.

I hope you're not going to be raped in an alley...! ::(:

MtBikeDude

Oh no Kathryn, that is a really tough situation. I agree with Mikey though. Definitely try talking with both your dad and your sister again. Try keep as cool of a head as you can, even though I know it'll be really hard.

They have to understand how extreme of a situation you're in.

Sora

:( Tell them again and again until they understand!
I really hope you do and I hope they let you stay.

Fen

I'm sorry for that, I hope you'll be able to solve this soon... but what kind of father and sister do you have, Kathryn.fr? :confused:

Nathália

That's unfortunate Kathryn. I hope you find the help that you need and that something scary like that never happens. Be very safe if you have to go to a shelter and watch your surroundings 24/7. Sorry, I just have to say that.

Nanita

Sorry to read this. I hope that you will be living somewhere nice soon though.
I feel like I want to sort this out for you right now, but I don´t know how..
I won´t have a place to live from January, well I have a place to go and live with my boyfriend, but its in another country and I´m worried about going, but I probably will go..

Kathryn.fr

Thanks :) the place I'm going to isn't so bad. Just have to ignore the dicks and drug users, other than that they can set me up with a trans doctor, a social worker/therapist for my anxiety and in general just to talk. They have job training things too to help me with interviews sense I can't make eye contact. Eventually they have a housing program for dedicated people but idk if I'll be there for that long. Just need to be there long enough to get a job really.

N0D

Banned
hope things look up for you soon. lots of people at shelters will take anything you have the moment you turn around so always keep your stuff with you, other then that it isn't as bad as it seems. stay tough and positive and you'll be back on your feet before you know it.

MikeyC

I feel like I want to sort this out for you right now, but I don´t know how..
Same.

I won´t have a place to live from January, well I have a place to go and live with my boyfriend, but its in another country and I´m worried about going, but I probably will go..
Moving country is massive. It's a big step and I hope it goes well.

Thanks :) the place I'm going to isn't so bad. Just have to ignore the dicks and drug users, other than that they can set me up with a trans doctor, a social worker/therapist for my anxiety and in general just to talk. They have job training things too to help me with interviews sense I can't make eye contact. Eventually they have a housing program for dedicated people but idk if I'll be there for that long. Just need to be there long enough to get a job really.
The fact you have to go at all is alarming, considering your dad and sister won't help you out. But, with all those services available to you while you're there, hopefully you'll get the support needed. Good luck and definitely keep us posted on your progress. :)

Moa

I'm sorry your dad and sister aren't being more understanding. Good to hear you at least have someplace to go! It's better than living on the streets.

Take care, and stay strong.

Silatuyok

I'm very sorry to hear it. I've witnessed firsthand how insensitive family members can be to someone who has nowhere to go. It is awful, but sometimes they are just completely blind to what they should be doing to help. I wish the best for you; maybe the people at the shelter will be able to help you get into a program to eventually get your own place.
Best of luck to you.

Kathryn.fr

Thanks all :) It's weird how you all care more than my dad and sister do lol. Their responses are just like, "huh? oh. Ok, well good luck hope you make it here for christmas dinner." I have this feeling that I don't really need them anymore. Just cause their lives are hell doesn't mean it's imnpossible for them to be a little more sensitive to others situations/lives. My friend I'm with now, her life is a WRECK and I'm trying to help her get on her feet and she's helped me the best she can even though she can't and my family finds it hard to even say they're sorry or even be worried? Ugh.

Kathryn.fr

Update: So tonight is my first night at the shelter. The main building stuff where are the counsilors are is pretty warm feeling. But I hear that the shelters can get pretty ruthless outside with kids waiting to get in. Sense I'm transgender I kind of get bumped up ahead of them. They've had some really bad things happen to the trans girls that are just... waiting to come in. Idk anyone in the shelter I'm in, my frieds are one floor up, and we're not allowed up there. It's a privlage thing. Kind of goes by ranks, they give me the choice to stay with the boys or girls... obviously I want to stay with the girls what the hell lol. I hope it all works out for me. I hope all this "stay calm and positive" stuff wont turn out to be bull****.

Srijita52

I'm so story to hear that Kathryn. Its very awful of your dad and sister really. There's not much to do right now but just try to stay strong and be on your own guard, I hope it doesn't turn out that bad, good luck.

Remus

Staff member
Good luck! I've been in a homeless shelter with my boy back in 2000, was a terrible place to be SA wise but I ended up being awarded with a very nice apartment in a very nice area. With a 0% mortgage available instead of renting (social housing scheme) it became very affordable to buy!