"He scares me!"

God_help_Us

I hate it when I find out that's what somebody thinks. I try so hard to be nice, and people (espcially women) still get some screwed up misconception that I'm scary or dangerous. WTF

THE-INTROVERT

i know what u mean m8 ive had a person say to be ill probably turn out to be a serial killer ive had another person say oh hes just out of the mental hospital im thinking bout coming out of isolation but things like that just make u say the hell with that im better of alone

EscapeArtist

I'm female, but most of the time when I'm just trying to be nice, it seems like i'm coming on too hard. It's a different standpoint from a female perspective, but either way I get you!

lyricalliaisons

I'm sorry that happened to you. The same kind of thing happens to me sometimes. It makes it even harder for me to be around people.

Oh, yeah. I hear that! It's soul crushing to say the least.

It happened to me so many times that I eventually almost stopped talking all together. In conversation I usually just say things like; ''Yes'', ''No'', ''I don't know'', ''Okay'' and sometimes the occasional deeper elaboration (only when really necessary). I found it scares them less when I show utter disinterest.

recluse

I had a girl when i was in college say ''he's creepy!'' to people in front of my face. It hurt because i am certainly not some creepy guy. It's amazing how some people are so shallow and ignorant to mistake shyness/introversion as creepiness.

Ignace

A girl in class said to a friend of mine she's scared of me. A 'friend' in class who always asks me why I don't go out etc always says to me: "just kill me right away", when I look at him right after he says that. Ok, I admit, it was not a friendly face, but hey, that was my answer to his retarded question.

DekKO

Yeah that happens to me a lot. It makes you feel like you're not gonna be able to change their minds about you and that you should just keep staying alone. It's terrible.

mismeek

I hate it when I find out that's what somebody thinks. I try so hard to be nice, and people (espcially women) still get some screwed up misconception that I'm scary or dangerous. WTF

You should just act like yourself because either way youre gonna get screwed. you act too nice... people think youre crazy. Act too aloof.. then youre a douche or stuck up.

God_help_Us

You should just act like yourself because either way youre gonna get screwed. you act too nice... people think youre crazy. Act too aloof.. then youre a douche or stuck up.

It does seem like that. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I guess no matter what I do, someone will see it in a bad light.

It's strange, one person can think I'm this creepy, psycho b*stard, while another sees me as this totally nice approachable person... in the same work place, sometimes in the same department.

Blah yeah it sucks :(

The girl I'm dating told me that one of her friends, who was in a few of my classes, was "terrified" of me :/ apparently she thought I was one of those quiet guys who snap one day and bring a gun to school...It really hurt to find that out, to be honest :(

Predacon

I think its something we're all guilty of. Making false judgements on people. I'm not sure it can be helped. Sometimes I walking down the street and see some guy and think that guy looks really up himself or that guy does look creepy when for I know they're the complete opposite.

Richey

i get the same sort of comments from the girls at work ...well the really bubbly girls have commented how reserved i am. and they mentioned how some of the previous employees barely said anything. i think she was just making an honest observation but it did feel like she was really stepping on those sorts of people by saying "people like that will never get anywhere in life" etc ...

then started to have a verbal orgasm over previous employees that were really outgoing and cool and super hot etc ...

again people with that sort of an opinion don't have alot of empathy or understanding of psychology or personalities imo ...

the problem i have is that i'm mostly quiet but when someone asks me a question i can be really chatty. i find most work environments uncomfortable and its like i'm locked in a cage with no way out, i feel very claustraphobic and uneasy when i'm at work. or at least the sort of work where you are forced to be in a building with alot of people ...i think maybe a travelling or an outdoor job may be different ..

Last edited:

Notafraid

I know how you feel! This has happened to me a lot. The reactions I've gotten are "that guy is so creepy" "He's going to end up on America's Most Wanted" WTF? Don't people who end up like that mean? people are so judgemental. I've been called "gay" numerous times because "I'm too nice" That's how I was raised.I don't get why it bothers them. Would they like me to be too mean instead?

lunaticbinge

I've been called everything from creepy and weirdo to a rapist and serial killer. It never ceases to amaze me how quick people are to make such over the top assumptions about people they know absolutely nothing about. They see my quiet demeanor and assume im plotting and conspiring apparently when in reality i'm probably thinking of something to say to no avail.

Kinetik

It sounds harsh, but really, **** people who think this, they're not worth your time or energy. It's just a simple lack of acceptance on their part and you have to see them for what they are - people with a limited worldview, where everyone fits into a certain category with no room for the differences that make life worth living. Pretty sad if you ask me.

Yeah, it's a common misconception that people who stay in their house a lot must be murderers or plotting some kind of scheme while they're in the house.
I mean, I have nothing to hide.....
Nothing at all.. :|

Kiwong

My observation is that the mirror you hold up to the world gets reflected back on you.

I am scared all the time, and sometimes people are scared of me because they don't understand my fear and think I am strange.

I have been called many hurtful things, that are like little cuts that hurt my soul and the emotional stress builds.

God_help_Us

I know how you feel! This has happened to me a lot. The reactions I've gotten are "that guy is so creepy" "He's going to end up on America's Most Wanted" WTF? Don't people who end up like that mean? people are so judgemental. I've been called "gay" numerous times because "I'm too nice" That's how I was raised.I don't get why it bothers them. Would they like me to be too mean instead?

Pardon for asking, but if you come across as too nice, why would they think you're gonna end up on some wanted list? Doesn't stand to reason.

yellowjello

well im a girl but it still happened to me ^^
my eyes are sensitive to light and i dont wanna walk around with sun glasses in the winter so i dont always look toooo friendly ^^
i used to be very quiet and frustrated and im still quiet in groups
so i was actually asked if i was planning on go shooting people in school..
some people are beyond stupid xD