Have you improved lately?

Danfalc

Banned
that's awesome =))))))

it's nice to hear everybody's successes, however small they may seem

Thanks scrabbl :)

And Phobo I appreciate you asking me but I am not a doctor or therpaist,I dont think anyone would benefit from me talking in your thread,Ive not been doing c.b.t or any specific tecniques,just old fashioned baby steps and a bit of willpower.:)

Thanks scrabbl :)

And Phobo I appreciate you asking me but I am not a doctor or therpaist,I dont think anyone would benefit from me talking in your thread,Ive not been doing c.b.t or any specific tecniques,just old fashioned baby steps and a bit of willpower.:)

Ok man. :cool:

Not significantly,but I have taken baby steps forward and improved on some things and I feel better for it in myself.I am eating better,sleeping better and doing my push ups and working out.

I'm really trying to take care of my body more physicaly and appreance wise,I feel more confident for it and a bit more posative.Im also working so hard on my finances,I life to feel in controll of my bills as my flat means a lot to me and my security in life.

Ive pushed myself to go out to a mates a few times and mingled a bit,it was horrible the first few times but its getting better and I am starting to feel more comfy,also I got back with my GF,I was really honest with her which was hard but it worked out in the end :)

Thats funny Dan, I am trying to do the exact same thing. I feel more confident about my physical appearance when im working out too, but its real hard to get into the mood when depression and laziness overwhelms you. Have to fight thru it anyway i guess tho

Danfalc

Banned
Thats funny Dan, I am trying to do the exact same thing. I feel more confident about my physical appearance when im working out too, but its real hard to get into the mood when depression and laziness overwhelms you. Have to fight thru it anyway i guess tho

Yeah man for sure,someone said to me recently depression sucks so bad because..it makes you not want to do the only things which will help you lol.Its so true.Things take so much effort to just get the motivation to start.And even when you do say work out,its hard to really put your heart into it.But yeah you have to fight and it gets a little bit easier each time or you feel better for giving it a shot.

And yeah,I think its so important to try and keep in shape and stuff and take pride in your appearance,even if you dont go out,do it for yourself,plus I really think having a healthy body helps you mantain a healthy mind.

Glad to hear your feeling more confident though man,hope you keep it up :cool: You look pretty stocky and well built as it is,your gonna look more like fiddy if you keep working out haha.

Lonelykitsune

well my parents found out about my weirdness after crap intraction at work experience.so their gonna get me help.also i made my first phone call,other than that i havnt

Luke1993

i thought i did but ever since ive been at college i just gone back down which is a shame really.

Last edited:

sabbath

Banned
It's getting better all the time
I used to get mad at my school
The teachers who taught me weren't cool
You're holding me down, turning me round
Filling me up with your rules

I've got to admit it's getting better
A little better all the time
It can't get no worse
I have to admit it's getting better, it's getting better
Since you've been mine

Me used to be a angry young man
Me hiding me head in the sand
You gave me the word, I finally heard
I'm doing the best that I can

I've got to admit it's getting better
A little better all the time (It can't get no worse)
I have to admit its getting better, it's getting better
Since you've been mine (Getting so much better all the time)

Better
Better Better Better

I used to be cruel to my woman
I beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved
Man, I was mean but I'm changing my scene
And I'm doing the best that I can

I admit it's getting better
A little better all the time (It can't get no worse)
Yes, I admit it's getting better, it's getting better
Since you've been mine (Getting so much better all the time)

Better Better Better
Better Better Better
Getting so much better all the time

Pink_Paula

I've improved so much! this time a few months ago i had given up, life meant nothing to me! I got the help of a crisis team, who came to my house everyday to make sure i was ok, they let me cry, vent, moan whatever until i was better! and now i honestly feel a lit better, i'm more positive, i've been worrying and stressing a lot less, it takes a lot to bug me now hehe and getting back and talking open and honestly with my bf is great as well!

206Raider

I think I've improved lately, still have ups and downs, smiles and frowns but I've been mkaing progress

xSleepy

I'm kinda proud of myself. I finally got to go out today and I went shopping. Got a few sweaters.. and I was brave enough to convince the guy behind the counter to give me a discount! He was only going to give me a discount on one sweater, but then with my persistence he gave me another discount on my other one!
So that was great! I talked to the guy, and even better, I convinced him to let me have the sweaters at a lower price. *high fives herself*

I kinda failed though when I hid from my aunt who I haven't seen in like years lol. I was standing right there by her and thankfully she didn't notice me. I was also a little shaky while getting out my money to pay for my things.. that's why I love my debit card. It's fast and easy.

BlackKids

I'm improved dramatically :) and you might even say Im a new person.
Just started exercising, setting myself goals, getting on with things. Never underestimate the power of positive thinking.
I guess I just realised that:
1. People aren't out to bring me down, infact most people couldnt care less about me as the're busy with their own lifes.
2. There isn't any reason to be affaid of Social anxiety. Its just a normal part of life. I've felt anxious 1000's of times so might aswell just get on with my life instead of been held back.
3. I'm pretty damn awesome, In fact I'm the greatest man who ever lived lol. ALWAYS BELEIVE THIS!!! but don't become arrogant, thats important.

anomicdeer

Just started exercising, setting myself goals, getting on with things. Never underestimate the power of positive thinking.
1. People aren't out to bring me down, infact most people couldnt care less about me as the're busy with their own lifes.
2. There isn't any reason to be affaid of Social anxiety. Its just a normal part of life. I've felt anxious 1000's of times so might aswell just get on with my life instead of been held back.
3. I'm pretty damn awesome, In fact I'm the greatest man who ever lived lol. ALWAYS BELEIVE THIS!!! but don't become arrogant, thats important.

I'm proud. I really am.

exquisite

i did...with my lame mascara craziness..except today i put it on & didnt even realize it until after i was already done..felt good to go out & feel visually acceptable, but now i feel like i failed myself. :confused:

exquisite

:D this made me smile.

melissahp

I had terrible social anxiety when I was a lot younger. Exposure works, also not giving in to paranoid thoughts about what people might think helps tonnes too. I have social anxiety still but mostly just when I have to present otherwise its not noticeable. I have OCD still tho... but like the SA i think it can pass with help! my recomendation is to always live every day doing something that scares you. Take "risks" I was scared of phone calls so I became a telerecruiter! not scared of phone calls anymore!

Saraesa

A fine step forwards:

I found a diary lately in the Bank, apparently forgotten by someone. There was a telephone number written inside and after a long struggle I finally dialed the number. The owner was glad that I called him and we arranged a “handover”. Everything went fine. ;)
I still can't believe that I have done this.