Have anyone, while shopping, been treated like a shoplifter

toto

Have anyone, while shopping, been treated like a shoplifter because of your sa symptoms (sweating,nervousness, no eye contact)?

I often do, I hate when store employees follow me around the store while I shop, is there anything I can do about this?

aldebe

Oh God, look at this people, see us, save us..! WHY???

Oh my brother, oh my dear.... I want to cry already..! God help him..!!!!

dottie

rarely do people actually follow me but sometimes i think my awkwardness gives off a shoplifter vibe and i have a paranoia that people suspect me of shoplifting. it's like i'm suspicious that they are suspicious and that really makes them suspicious. so yeah, sometimes i get watched. unfortunately i don't know what to do about it either.

Thelema

I can just imagine someone walking around like Eyegore from Frankenstein when he was looking for a brain :lol:

recluse

omg yeah! I get so paranoid about what people think of me. If a girl is in my vicinity I'm paranoid that she thinks I am creepy, kids about I'm paranoid that people think I'm a paedophile, queing in a bank people think I am a bank robber etc. I think that I think these things because when I am nervous I sort of look fidgety and my eyes sort of go everywhere which probably makes me look suspicious.

Icicle

Go to a dollar store with a friend and pretend to theif things. Purposely make eye contact(However hard it is), stall behind blind counters/shelfs and instantly both of you walk fast out of the joint. Stupid things like this have helped "me" with these kinda of things. Though after a while you will do this purely for entertainment, once you get used to it..

Zipper

People ask to see my Driver's License when I use my Credit Card. I figure it is because they wonder if I'm so nervouse because I'm using a stolen card. :lol:

CHAKRAPOINT

omg yeah! I get so paranoid about what people think of me. If a girl is in my vicinity I'm paranoid that she thinks I am creepy, kids about I'm paranoid that people think I'm a paedophile, queing in a bank people think I am a bank robber etc. I think that I think these things because when I am nervous I sort of look fidgety and my eyes sort of go everywhere which probably makes me look suspicious.

i know this feeling,when you dont have a personality and are dull you also dont know how to be and act around kids as when they are around tend to push you into acting a certain way with them which is hard if your personality is very monotonous and then your expected to act all cheerful but you have never used that side of yourself as an adult

worrywort

cor, old thread! but here's a new answer!.....one time I actually had a plain clothed security officer confront me after I'd left a store. I had walked into another store and while down one of the quiet back aisles he confronted me and said something like "c'mon mate, hand it over, I know you took it," etc, then explained to me he was part of the security team in the previous store, showed me his ID, then said he'd seen me steal certain items!! lol!.....which I hadn't! I knew I was totally innocent, so I just calmly explained that to him and showed him all my receipts and items in my bag etc, and he realised he'd made a mistake and apologized!....but I actually remember feeling really nervous in the store, worrying that all the CCTV camera's are probably watching me and thinking I'm a thief! Infact at one point I think I stopped to put something in my bag, and I remember thinking, "god, I must look so shifty on the camera's! I bet they think I'm stealing something"!

that's the only time i've had any trouble though. The best solution is to just not shoplift! Then you'll know you're innocent, so that if something ever does happen, you know you can just calmly explain and prove your innocence.

....oh and always keep your receipts! :)

Ignace

Tell them to f*ck off. Don't be shy about this, just tell it. If you tell them you're choosing products, you just keep seeing them. 100% Coincidence offcourse.

Well in fact they are just being nice, you know :)
I once was waiting for my friend in a store , if her clothes fitt.
and the cashiere asked me. ''Do you want a cup of tea?''
Haha, in a clothes store!! I thought like OMG! haha
That was one of the most strange moments in a clothes store,
But i said. ''No, but thank you=]''.

But when i'm in a store, they always come to me and say ''Can I help you?''
I sometimes find that annoying, so i just say ''No, i'm just looking around''
and they will go away xD.

But i understand what u mean. But they just wanna help u find the right thing ;)

Oh i'm sorry.. Is this topic about to sell things , like making products really nice, more than they are??, because that sucks!!!
I was in a computer shop with my mom and she bought a laptop and the seller said ''You can also buy some windows programs.. bla bla you can buy this this this.. with it..'' i thought.. pff we are only here to buy a laptop!! thats it!

Ignace

Oh i'm sorry.. Is this topic about to sell things , like making products really nice, more than they are??, because that sucks!!!
I was in a computer shop with my mom and she bought a laptop and the seller said ''You can also buy some windows programs.. bla bla you can buy this this this.. with it..'' i thought.. pff we are only here to buy a laptop!! thats it!

I told this somewhere on here before, a seller actually lied to us. We asked a cheap notebook and we went out with a more expensive one because the cheaper one wasn't in stock. Before getting in the car my dad changed his mind and so we went back in. We tell our story to another seller and what happens ? This seller comes with the notebook we ordered. I hope the other dude was fired/being yelled at, lol. So we had money back and the notebook of his choice. :)

Richey

Well in fact they are just being nice, you know :)
I once was waiting for my friend in a store , if her clothes fitt.
and the cashiere asked me. ''Do you want a cup of tea?''
Haha, in a clothes store!! I thought like OMG! haha
That was one of the most strange moments in a clothes store,
But i said. ''No, but thank you=]''.

But when i'm in a store, they always come to me and say ''Can I help you?''
I sometimes find that annoying, so i just say ''No, i'm just looking around''
and they will go away xD.

But i understand what u mean. But they just wanna help u find the right thing ;)

Hahaha, that is random and funny. i wish i was offered a cup of tea in a store =( if only for the laugh.

Erick1

They do but because gerogia is racist. -.-
They always follow colored people in store.

Tip: just get something like acreal box, and pretend your reading it. works for me :D