God's negativity tranquilizer

A friend

Today, I experienced something that wiped out all negative feelings (mainly resentment towards others) that were built up inside of me.

Though this sounds trivial (and somewhat stupid to some degree), I had mother nature purge my fears, anger, and it somehow drained my irrational fear of forming relationships with women as well.

Today started out positive, the weather was good, I woke up with a good feeling, and I decided to spend time at the beach (practically nobody was there of course), and then I had a little incident in the water.

Apparently in that beach, the natives (being the Stingrays) weren't too fond of people stepping into their territory, and I experienced how they treated individuals who stepped on them (even if it were completely by mistake).

One of those creatures showed up and slashed a small part of my left foot open, and inserted venom into me, and caused me pain that was far worse than even getting kicked in the testicles.

Normally, I don't behave like this, but I was screaming and cursing for hours until a pair of lifeguards showed up, and gave me a bucket of hot water to stand in (which eliminates the venom and relieves the pain).

Life guards tend to be tender and kind in general, but I never gave them the proper amount of appreciation that they deserve until today.

So basically, I went to my house with this new (and very simple) idea, and got rid of the pain for now.

After having that nasty animal stab me, I've pretty much lost all resentment towards all people that I have had grudges against in the past, and I've also lost my fear of having a relationship with a woman, and that really surprised me.

When I was a little kid, I witnessed some things that created an irrational fear of dating and marrying a woman within me (mainly because I was worried that she would physically harm me). But strangely enough, after getting stabbed by that stingray, I've pretty much lost most fears of experiencing pain of that nature.

Now, I feel calmer, and more peaceful than ever. Of course, I DO NOT recommend people to intentionally get stung by those aquatic animals to rid themselves of their problems. The pain I felt today was the worst that I've ever felt throughout the course of my life.

One thing I really learned is to be grateful for the fact that I'm alive, and that I will hopefully never have to experience something like this ever again.

Today has taught me to feel gratitude for what I have, the fact that I have food to eat, the fact that I get to live, the fact that I have a computer to use to speak to my friends, and that there are people who actually care for me and are willing to help me.

After watching people help me today, I now have even more motivation to help others. I now value people more than I did previously, and I want to help all of you any way I can. The point of all this is to show you that there will be people to help you in life, and the power of gratitude can help.

Thank you all for reading this, and I'll help all of you with problems like this if/when I can.

MollyBeGood

I love the animal kingdom. They don't judge you so honest and alive. This is a very great story-are you a writer? Very humbling when you almost die, indeed. I am happy for you "A friend in need" :) I will read your post again...

A friend

well good for you :), but I still don't get how that helped you though :confused:

I actually don't get how it helped me exactly as well, but it just did somehow.

狼;496866 said:
I love the animal kingdom. They don't judge you so honest and alive. This is a very great story-are you a writer? Very humbling when you almost die, indeed. I am happy for you "A friend in need" :) I will read your post again...

Yes, I am a writer, but I need more experience and skill before I actually publish a book.

Most of the time, my stories are completely fictional, but in this case...This was somewhat of an auto-biography.

EscapeArtist

Well... that's odd! What an experience, thanks for sharing. A sly way to face the fear of pain, any pain. Thank you Mr. Sting ray...You prove again that pain has a purpose. Even watching a painful movie can make you appreciate life again. But stepping on a sting ray, that's an interesting one.... (You must live in a beautiful place!)

(not sarcasm! just tired tone)

Last edited:

Kiwong

A nasty shock. Glad the lifeguard's were able to relieve the pain eventually. I suppose fear and shock like that can take your thoughts off other concerns and make them seem pretty irrelevant.

Facing mortality can certainly change perspective.

ridicule

Hmm, well I've certainly been almost killed by people enough, haha I always thought the smart thing to do was avoid the animals because they couldn't be reasoned with.

Does it make you resentful towards nature?

A friend

Hmm, well I've certainly been almost killed by people enough, haha I always thought the smart thing to do was avoid the animals because they couldn't be reasoned with.

Does it make you resentful towards nature?

Not at all. Stingrays only attack others to protect themselves, and the one that stabbed me didn't have any idea of the pain he (or she) caused me. The stingray was just trying to stun me, not cause me an atrocious amount of pain.

And despite what I went through yesterday, I'm still going to visit the beach, and one day I'm going to go swimming there again...If there isn't any stingrays floating around.

Maybe it caused a change in perspective, if you can survive that physical pain, then relationship pain aint so bad?

I was afraid that whatever woman I end up with was going to hit me and seriously injure me out of mental illness, but now that I know that getting punched or stabbed isn't as painful as getting stung by one of those hell-hole deposits of the sea, I doubt it can be that bad.

Last edited:

Mokkat

that sounds like a painful experience, I'm glad you were able to perceive some good from it.

You gotta hang on to your newfound perspective. In a couple of weeks' time, when there are no damage control hormones working their magic, and your memory has washed out the severeness of the pain, it will probably be harder to keep staying positive about it.

ah once you experience such excruciating pain u never forget it. It will always be in the back of ur mind urging u on.I completely get it

Blabla..

Very interesting ,inspiring ,and funny story!

I really wish i could take a walk on the beach , even with those little creatures waiting to sting me!

we_r_eternal

wiped away all negativity and the pain subsided... bucket of hot water? sounds more like a hot-shot o' heroin! lol!

vexatiousmind

omg, you said you screamed and cursed for HOURS before the lifeguards came?!

Where were they, and why didn't you leave before?

Thank you bro, you have just helped us with this inspirational story :).

I guess the moral of the story is to not be afraid of life, 'cause it isn't so bad (even when it *hurts* ;) ).

I wanna get stung by a stingray now :(:(

:p *goes off to the beach*

A friend

omg, you said you screamed and cursed for HOURS before the lifeguards came?!

Where were they, and why didn't you leave before?

27 people also got stung, and the lifeguards were trying to get hot water to dull the pain. I didn't leave because I COULDN'T STAND UP. Plus, I didn't know the stingrays were there in the first place.

Thank you bro, you have just helped us with this inspirational story :).

I guess the moral of the story is to not be afraid of life, 'cause it isn't so bad (even when it *hurts* ;) ).

I wanna get stung by a stingray now :(:(

:p *goes off to the beach*

DON'T DO THAT. Even if that temporary living nightmare made me more peaceful on the inside, I still suggest that everyone avoid intentionally exposing themselves to poison-based liquid.

As I stated before, it is incredibly painful, and it has even put people in hospital beds in some cases (but that was mainly due to the pain).

MaliceInWickedland

Wow... what a story. I've been stung by jellyfish before and that was painful enough, but a stingray?? Oh man, I shudder to imagine that kind of pain. Glad to hear that you're safe and sound and even came here to share this inspirational story with all of us here on SPW. I really admire the fact that you took this experience as an eye-opener to life and gained a new perspective that will potentially help you overcome your insecurities as a whole.

I'm hoping that some day all of us here can log on to this site with an inspirational story of their own to tell and be able to say that they have a more positive outlook on life. I'm just hoping it won't be a painful or near-death experience that will lead to that.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing :)

krs2snow

Sounds like you had a significant emotional experience. Did you know that it takes a "significant emotional experience" to change your perception? It's true. Sounds like you had one and are experiencing the feelings/emotions that follow such an expereince. These experiences can be eye-opening and fill you with a new sense of reality. They serve to change ur perspective and help you see what is important to you. Its very real. It's your perception of the world around you that has changed. Not the world around you. Hold on to this! The world around you was never an awful place to be in in the first place. You're just able to see this truth now that you've had this experience. Believe in Yourself and God and Live! And keep us posted on what u learn. P.S. The Op's experiences have absolutely nothing to do with getting stung by a sting ray! Any one remember Steve Irwin? Getting stung by a stingray can be deadly. The point here is that he (the OP) experienced something that was VERY significant to him. It threatened his sense of reality and made him realize what was important to him. You don't have to go out and get stung by a sting ray to experience this. It can be as easy as getting honest with yourself. Or having a truthful conversation w/a loved one about ur fears and inhibitions. Or doing something out of character such as talking (honestly) to a stranger or being the lead character in a school play. The point is to challenge ur fears. And more importantly face your fears. The OP's experince was so life-changing BECAUSE it did just that! It challenged his fears and forced him to face these fears. He (the OP) has posted the solution to your anxieties! Its not hard. Its not difficult or obscure or impossible to find the same thing for yourself. It's not unimaginable or incredible or anything of the sort. It's just looking into the face of your fears. But, don't be stupid about it. Don't think you have to re-enact his (the OP's) exact experince and get urself stung by some fish so you can find your Lust for life! If that's what you're getting from his post, you're completely missing the point! Challenge urself! Do what you fear the most. Put urself in a fearful situation. And live it. It only takes a little bit of courage from you and a willingness of spirit to realize that the exact same things he (the OP) is talking about can be true for you, too.

Lea

Banned
I once had one very strong emotional experience too (kind of like NDE), which I thought would totally change how I see life. But you just forget it with time, or not forget, but the high emotions about it will fade away.

There is one book from a man that was struck by lightning (Brian Weiss), and he said it changed his life forever. Also allegedly some other people who experienced NDE.

See how you feel about your experience in a month or 2, or a year ;).