Gamers thread

LoyalXenite

195219973_3191348774475439_903091820796654844_n.jpg

Phoenixx

Been watching some gameplay for the new Rachet & Clank game that just released. Have to say, it looks really fun! I never played any of the games in the series before and now I kinda want to. Of course that won't happen for a while. PS5 is still extremely expensive and I don't feel the need to move on from my Xbox just yet. Plus I still have games of my own to finish.

F0AM

Been watching some gameplay for the new Rachet & Clank game that just released. Have to say, it looks really fun! I never played any of the games in the series before and now I kinda want to. Of course that won't happen for a while. PS5 is still extremely expensive and I don't feel the need to move on from my Xbox just yet. Plus I still have games of my own to finish.

I love Ratchet and Clank, I played (and own) all of them except for the last 2 since I don't have a PS4 nor 5 and I'm very happy being a PC user.

TBH is the only saga I really miss from Sony's console lol. I was very happy to see they brought Spyro to PC and seeing they're already porting some others like "horizon zero Dawn", "days gone" and "Uncharted 4", I hope they bring one day "Ratchet and Clank" too. Or at least put them on the "Play station now" app.

I remember the first 2 being extremely fun, lots of locations, different mechanics, variety of enemies and stages, pretty nice humor, backtracking (not as linear as many other games), and a very decent lenght.

F0AM

And related to my previous post, I'm soooo glad to see "Psychonauts 2" being finally released (and included in gamepads)!

I love horror and RPGs, but platformers like "Spyro", "Rayman" (3D) and "Psychonauts" will always have a very special place to me.

Ubisoft's conference was such a downer, i would have liked to see something about "Prince of Persia remake" or "Rayman" (3D please, I'm sick of origin and legends)...but nooooo just a bunch of ORIGINAL 1st person shooters ๐Ÿ™„

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I've gotten around to playing through Luigi's Mansion 3 and I am disappointingly underwhelmed. I was expecting a simple and somewhat short game in the same vein as the original Luigi's Mansion or a Pikimin - fun, charming, and fairly basic. And during a lot of the game that is true...but there are enough moments where it's "Ugh what the hell am I supposed to do here, I only have 4 different moves and nothing is working". I'd contrast it to Legend of Zelda which has challenging yet satisfying puzzles to solve. You might get stuck, but eventually you'll strike the right answer. And it's usually clear when what you are trying is wrong. In Luigi's Mansion, I'll at times try the same thing over and over again, get frustrated, google the answer, and learn I was actually doing the correct thing just ever so slightly off. At that point it isn't fun as much as it is annoying. I did really like the original, and wish I could say the same about this one.

On the other hand, before this I beat Borderlands, which was also my first foray into the first person shooter genre, and I have to say, sometimes it's just fun to shoot stuff. And for a 12 year game ported onto the family friendly Nintendo Switch, it played pretty well. A little glitchy at times, but for the most part all the pew pews went pew pew when I wanted them to. It was definitely a Rated M game, and the whole Mad Max motif worked well. Also an unintentional side effect of beating the game was me getting much better at Fortnite :p