Gamers thread

Been searching about for games and such on amazon/ebay. Found this really neat looking series of games. Mega Man Legends. But, my god, the prices are quite extraordinary.

The first can be fetched for about 50$ US, while the second 90$ US. There's also a prequel titled The Misadventures of Tron Bonne which can be bought at 150$ US DISC ONLY.

My god. I honestly have no interest in just owning the disc, so I'd have to fork over 350$ US just to own the thing. Damn.

Klonoa

^MegaMan 9 is unfairly hard, the previous 8 games offer more fair challenge.

Legends is amazing, Legend 2 moreso. I'm still quite angry at Capcom for cancelling Legends 3...

Still, if it's too expensive, there's always... a PC version. Yep. Legendswas ported a lot.

Am I the only one who liked Metroid: Other M? ;_; Anyone? I liked they tried to make Samus a character rather than a silent game-avatar with no thoughts or personality. I somewhat relate to her as despicted in Other M too.

Also, anyone of you know or remember this?

1258649117.jpg

squidgee

Tf2 provides heaps of fun for me. It's not everyday you get to whack people in the head with a candy cane.

Or a fish.

I've been playing a lot of Golden Sun. I'm rather enjoying it. The GBA knows a lot of (extremely) terrible games, but amongst them are definite gems. It has this distant Crono Trigger vibe.

Rawz

Played Spec Ops: The Line and am now playing Sniper Elite V2. Watching bullets go through peoples skulls, eye sockets, hearts, spines, etc, is a lot of fun.

FallenFeathers

Playing a lot of Diablo 3 with being bed bound after surgery, I actually really hate the way they took it in a different direction from D2, but dem paragon levels have got me hooked, and my monk got some insane lucky drops, legendary and set items the other day turning him into a crit monster :D Well at least until I crank monster level up to 10.. then I die embarrassingly fast In Inferno again D:

ukmale

Played Spec Ops: The Line and am now playing Sniper Elite V2. Watching bullets go through peoples skulls, eye sockets, hearts, spines, etc, is a lot of fun.

That games amazing .. sniper ghost warrior 2 is coming out soon they have the same kill cam where you see the round go through there body

Ignace

Anyone getting Sim City in March ? It'd be the first Sim City I'd get but it looks quite fun. Played other simulators before and enjoyed them quite a lot, so I'll probably be preordering one of these days.

I'm playing Alan Wake and Mirror's Edge.

Both are phenomenally fun games. Both phenomenal pretty games, now that I mention it. I like when games have nice ''Oh, I see what you did there'' details. Particularly Alan Wake does this nicely. Exploring the environment (when you're not busy trying to salvage what's left of your aliveliness) is so nice and interesting.

WishingICould

Both are phenomenally fun games. Both phenomenal pretty games, now that I mention it. I like when games have nice ''Oh, I see what you did there'' details. Particularly Alan Wake does this nicely. Exploring the environment (when you're not busy trying to salvage what's left of your aliveliness) is so nice and interesting.

I enjoyed Mirror's Edge but i found the "combat" really annoying.

I enjoyed Mirror's Edge but i found the "combat" really annoying.

Yeah, it really is. I generally try to avoid it all together. But then again, I do get the sense that they were aiming for a defence and evade game rather then a platform-shooter.

What does genuinely piss me off at times is how they throw enemies at you when you're trying figure out which way you're supposed to go (which is mildly tricky even without those guys). I'm talking to YOU, helicopter-jerk. Grrr.

WishingICould

Yeah, it really is. I generally try to avoid it all together. But then again, I do get the sense that they were aiming for a defence and evade game rather then a platform-shooter.

What does genuinely piss me off at times is how they throw enemies at you when you're trying figure out which way you're supposed to go (which is mildly tricky even without those guys). I'm talking to YOU, helicopter-jerk. Grrr.

I remember near the end there's a level with a load of bad guys when these, i think, machine guns and they're a nightmare to get rid of.

squidgee

Mirror's Edge, so many pretty colours.
I agree with you and WishingICould that the combat is kinda dodgy, but all in all it's still a very decent game. I just wish there was more fluidity and momentum in the parkour.

dmsteyn

I've been playing Silent Hill 2. I bought the Silent Hill HD collection recently. It's great being able to play it again.

I also bought this a few months ago, and really enjoyed SH2. It was the first time I owned, but my friend had it on the PS2, and I always wanted to have it.

I remember near the end there's a level with a load of bad guys when these, i think, machine guns and they're a nightmare to get rid of.

Oh man, not looking forward to that bit. :X I just hope the checkpoint is decently in range so it doesn't force me to redo something tedious a million times.

Mirror's Edge, so many pretty colours.
I agree with you and WishingICould that the combat is kinda dodgy, but all in all it's still a very decent game. I just wish there was more fluidity and momentum in the parkour.

In overall I think they did very well on the parkour bit whilst still keeping all the physics intact. But there are bits where it's just so difficult to make a jump or whatever.

For example; In in the beginning of the game, where you have to jump of a ramp and onto a pipe on the wall, I had to redo it about 12 times because it doesn't snap to in any way. And while the controls are great by any standard, it's not accurate enough to flawlessly pull off those manoeuvres.