Gamers thread

JackOfSpades

I wanted to wait for all the episodes to release before I bought any. But after getting 1&2 free with PS+ I'm hoping for a sale or getting the others free too. Makes me feel like a horrible freeloader :lol: I really need to start playing some of these.

JackOfSpades

I wish GOG was running a better sale than they are. I am gonna pick up Gemini Rue, Resonance, To the Moon, and few others during the buy 5 for $10 thing.

NP88

Just played the final episode of The Walking Dead. So dramatic... I shed manly tears ;_;

I definitely recommend it. It's a point and click game, with a strong emphasis on the story. It's on sale on steam for $12.49. GET IT!

Amazingly dramatic story, I agree. Manly tears were in abundance.
Can't wait for season 2.

Recently I've played Assassins creed III, Dragons Dogma, and The Walking Dead 1-5. Working on Darksiders II and Bastion at the moment.

takeheart

Oh my dayz...This game called Far Cry3 is coming out this Friday!!! I have been waiting for this game since start of the year. Now I will kiss goodbye to social life coz I will be playing that bad boy 24/7!...oh wait I don’t have social life doh! Anyways I don’t care. Just 6 more dayz and its out! Can’t wait

JackOfSpades

Anyone making off with some Steam games this Autumn Sale? My backlog still has things I forgot I had, so I've been sitting this one out.

mad2rix

Recently playing:
The Sims 3: Seasons
Darksiders series
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Doom 3 BFG edition

Last edited by a moderator:

Flanscho

Anyone making off with some Steam games this Autumn Sale? My backlog still has things I forgot I had, so I've been sitting this one out.

Heh, yes I picked up a bunch of stuff there. :) Among them Borderlands 2, XCom, the addons for Orcs must Die 2 that I didn't have, and some smaller indie games. :)

JackOfSpades

I forgot to pick up Legend of Grimrock from the Steam sale. I did make off with Resonance, Gemini Rue, Blackwell Bundle, To the Moon, and Geneforge just to fill out the last pick in the buy 5 for $10 on GOG.

It's almost 2013. Anyone have any picks for Game of the Year or for their favorite game played this year from any year?

Picked up a few games from the Steam sale:
Batman Arkham City GOTY
Saints Row 3 (All DLC)
Witcher 2
Binding of Isaac
Sonic Gen (for brother)

Got some pretty great deals. Was hoping for better Sims 3 deals. (Which will probably never hsppen considering it's an EA title.) Oh well.

GOTY? Probably the Walking Dead.

O'Killian

During the Steam Sale I bought Borderlands 2 (half-off caused enough of my reliable friends to get it so that I can easily find someone to play with), the Binding of Isaac and Bastion (since both were super cheap Flash deals), and got Dead Island as a gift.

As for GotY... Well, I haven't played a ton, and I really wish I could have said XCOM or Guild Wars 2, but I'd probably have to go with Civ V's Gods and Kings expansion (that counts, right?) I haven't had as much time to play it as I'd like, but 4x games have grown close to my heart.

I think what I've really had the most fun with is Dead Island, though - it's a bit buggy and unpolished, but that's the perfect environment for three folks to run around smacking zombies for phat l00ts in.

(most time played award probably goes to Team Fortress 2, but that's a function of 'easy to drop in and out of')