Gamers thread

Masychefx2

Banned
i was thinking maybe hookup xbox direct to my router and then try and auto update it... i tried getting it to run through my laptop but that was not working..

davidburke

i was thinking maybe hookup xbox direct to my router and then try and auto update it... i tried getting it to run through my laptop but that was not working..

i was able to hook mine up to my labtop. do you have windows vista? i'd be to tell you how to then. I had to bridge the wireless and Ethernet networks and then it worked

Masychefx2

Banned
i tried i have pirate version on windows 7 and it like doesnt work im too stupid to figure it out i just plug cable in and tryed to get it working

Mokkat

Guys, what do I do when Im genuinly scared of competitive games? I mean, I just got a SC2 beta key and Ive been playing a few games against human opponents now.
Ive always played games and I watch the replay casts on youtube, so Ive pretty much bulldozed the couple of guys Ive played.
But - when I play, and especially if Im getting attacked in any way, my body starts panicking :( My heart is pounding away, Im shaking like a narcotic in rehab - I feel like im being attacked by a lion, not like my puny SCV is taking fire from a pair of marines :(

Last edited:

Pookah

Guys, what do I do when Im genuinly scared of competitive games? I mean, I just got a SC2 beta key and Ive been playing a few games against human opponents now.
Ive always played games and I watch the replay casts on youtube, so Ive pretty much bulldozed the couple of guys Ive played.
When I play, and especially if Im getting attacked in any way, my body starts panicking :( My heart is pounding away, Im shaking like a narcotic in rehab - I feel like im being attacked by a lion, not like my puny SCV is taking fire from a pair of marines :(

I get emotionally involved in PVP in that I get mad at it/the other people. KILL KILL KILL!

Newtype

But - when I play, and especially if Im getting attacked in any way, my body starts panicking :( My heart is pounding away, Im shaking like a narcotic in rehab - I feel like im being attacked by a lion, not like my puny SCV is taking fire from a pair of marines :(

I'm the same when I play RTS games. I think it's normal for everyone to feel that way. It's someone coming into your base and slowly destroying your confidence, lol. I don't think it's something you should worry about. Don't let that get in the way of enjoying your Starcraft 2 beta key.

Masychefx2

Banned
i have like 50 games to get though (over exaggeration)

i need to play all the stalker games on pc but my pc is not working :/

i actually hated stalker when i first played it but came back to it 2 years later and loved it apart from the carry capacity.

I'm the same when I play RTS games. I think it's normal for everyone to feel that way. It's someone coming into your base and slowly destroying your confidence, lol. I don't think it's something you should worry about. Don't let that get in the way of enjoying your Starcraft 2 beta key.

I don't like the trash talking... winning or losing is just part of learning the game. Trash talking... I sometimes feel like I'm playing with a bunch of toddlers.

Newtype

I don't like the trash talking... winning or losing is just part of learning the game. Trash talking... I sometimes feel like I'm playing with a bunch of toddlers.

Yeah, but when you have skills, all the trash talking in the world can't get to you =)

ripewithdecay

Man i had this problem bad too. Id tense up and my fingers would start shaking. Any strategy or plan i had going in would just go out the window and id just start mashing buttons randomly lol.

But then i learned that if you take a deep breath and calm down when youre up against someone you can easily whoop their ass!

DeathMetal

Anyone play Champions Online? I have a lifetime sub to that game, it's pretty fun. I spend most my time creating characters, the char creation is very deep.

Tiercel

Lately I've been playing Il-2 Sturmovik 1946 on Steam. But I suck and don't have a mic, so I just play offline. And with this craptacular 1.4 Ghz single core processor, I'm amazed I can play it at all.

da_illest101

it would be cool if we could all find one common game for all of us to be playing together or vs, it would have to be a Pc games since not everyone owns the same console.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Nobody ever seems to have the same taste I do. I've been fiending on Sins of a Solar Empire and nobody here seems to have even heard of it. ::(:

Sins_of_a_Solar_Empire_01.jpg