Gamers thread

Luke1993

Right, so I'll assume none of the games have any of the same characters in them? As in they're all set in seperate times/universes? It's just the game mechanics and style that connects them?

nicknamehere

They are all different. Characters, story, atmospheres, battle systems... check out youtube and have a look. Surely one will have an appeal on you.

That's pretty kool. There were mods/skins like that back when I played but they weren't as advanced as this one. Also, they were buggy. I didn't use any mods when I played because of that. I guess the PC version is a little better looking than the PS1 version.

Unfortunately you need to rip the models off yourself. The creator wasn't able to release this due to legal issues. It's because he ripped some of these models from Kingdom Hearts and trimmed it down a little.

More models below.

Sephycomplete.jpg

SephyManyFAce.jpg

sephydifferrance.jpg

I'm guessing VIII is also customizable. As long as it's PC version you can always edit it.

TheManWhoUpholdsHonour

I play halo 3,cod4,mw2,bad company 2,gears of war 2,odst,halo wars,and bad company 1.

I probably could have gone mlg in cod4 or halo back in 08 or summer of 09 if i got a team but whenever i got one together we were always BS'd by some team who cheated or had terrible connections in the process.

Anyone wanna play?my gamertag is 'The Ceres'.

EDIT:I play xbox 360

Anthem of the Angels

Aww, I wanted to play Halo 3, but I'm not gonna get an Xbox anytime soon ::(:

Here's something I've been interested in: for those of you that have played first person shooters with both a keyboard and mouse and with a gamepad... which one is better? What do you think?

I think the keyboard and the mouse rock! :D

Blaze

Keyboard and mouse ftw! If I had a keyboard + mouse when I played Halo I would've been #1. ::p:

da_illest101

I just finished FF XIII. Why I bothered to finish this boring, pointless game, I don't know, but I sure know the disc won't be getting inserted ever again!

I just finished the game, Square really drop the ball on that one. As i was playing i was always hoping for more stuff to do, nope same stuff over and over again. The last boss was a total joke, i really didn't thought it was the last boss. And the ending made zero sense.

I'm gonna look online if there is a all mighty powerful boss to fight, if there isn't i'll never play that poor excuse of a final fantasy:mad:

Newtype

I was expecting FFXIII to suck so it's not much of a surprise. Doesn't Versus XIII exist because there was a feud between Yoshinori Kitase (FFXIII Director) and Tetsuya Nomura (Versus XIII Director)? I don't know how Kitase, who worked on FFVII and FFVIII, could screw up FFXIII, but obviously Nomura, who also worked on those titles, saw something he didn't like and received permission to make his own game. I think Final Fantasy Versus XIII is gonna be the game that everyone was waiting for.

Also, removing the Japanese dub from the PlayStation 3 version because the XBOX 360 cannot have it was a retarded decision. Versus XIII is a PS3 exclusive so the game will be at its best.

Last edited:

Newtype

the japanese dub thing is purely fan made, there is no previous final fantasy that had that so it's only the fans that said they wanted it, Square never said anything about making sub.

Yeah but still, the fans do have a voice sometimes. Yakuza 2 came out with Japanese dub and English subtitles because that's what the fans wanted. Same thing with Yakuza 3. There was an interview about this actually:

Final Fantasy XIII Video Game, GC 09: Interview Part II | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

Is it me or he contradicts himself a little? Anyway, he explains that the game was already finished when they decided to port it to the 360. Perhaps, all that time that they spent porting it could've been used to add add English subs, which I'm sure takes a lot less time than porting a game.

da_illest101

I was expecting FFXIII to suck so it's not much of a surprise. Doesn't Versus XIII exist because there was a feud between Yoshinori Kitase (FFXIII Director) and Tetsuya Nomura (Versus XIII Director)? I don't know how Kitase, who worked on FFVII and FFVIII, could screw up FFXIII, but obviously Nomura, who also worked on those titles, saw something he didn't like and received permission to make his own game. I think Final Fantasy Versus XIII is gonna be the game that everyone was waiting for.

Also, removing the Japanese dub from the PlayStation 3 version because the XBOX 360 cannot have it was a retarded decision. Versus XIII is a PS3 exclusive so the game will be at its best.

the japanese dub thing is purely fan made, there is no previous final fantasy that had that so it's only the fans that said they wanted it, Square never said anything about making sub.

I don't think kitase is the one to blame for FF 13 but square enix, like so many games this gen they focus way too much on the graphics instead of the gameplay. Because the general opinion about FF 13 was negative they decide to bring back the missing stuff in FF versus 13

TheManWhoUpholdsHonour

Aww, I wanted to play Halo 3, but I'm not gonna get an Xbox anytime soon ::(:

Here's something I've been interested in: for those of you that have played first person shooters with both a keyboard and mouse and with a gamepad... which one is better? What do you think?

I think the keyboard and the mouse rock! :D

I don't understand Computer gaming that well,Mah first game was on ps1 and twas hotwheels.i stayed on console ever since.It would seem like a controller would...well,give you more control you know?Alot of gamers are actually pretty touchy on what system is the best these days,they defend 'em like gangs and thrash anyone who thinks otherwise.It's pretty retarded if you ask me.

da_illest101

Yeah but still, the fans do have a voice sometimes. Yakuza 2 came out with Japanese dub and English subtitles because that's what the fans wanted. Same thing with Yakuza 3. There was an interview about this actually:

Final Fantasy XIII Video Game, GC 09: Interview Part II | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

Is it me or he contradicts himself a little? Anyway, he explains that the game was already finished when they decided to port it to the 360. Perhaps, all that time that they spent porting it could've been used to add add English subs, which I'm sure takes a lot less time than porting a game.

shows u that square isn't trying anymore

Masychefx2

Banned
Wireless isnt working on my xbox which SUX

but i only just play halo 3 campaign and WOW its awesome i love the guns and the hammer thing

cant wait for halo reach

forza 3 is nice, good grpahics but i just find it a bit boring

gta IV is loads better on 360 than PC

Masychefx2

Banned
lol yeh i can imagine somene sat ther thinking :( its not working

its the wireless N one but cos im cheap i bought it off ebay and the woman didnt send the install disk and sais she cant find it -_-

Luke1993

you might be able to find the install disc online as a download? type in what make it is see if you can find anything