Gamers thread

da_illest101

Yeah as long as the game play is fun, the story is only really there to tie it all together sometimes. And as funny as that picture is..with so many games coming out it's hard to be original these days. Western games are not exactly original themselves.

Yeah I liked Oblivion a lot, I think the freedom you had In that game was really good In this age of mainly linear games. I have no doubt Skirym will be even better.

Have you ever played The Witcher? It's by a previously unknown polish developer IIRC. The combat is not to everyone's tastes.. but the story is pretty amazing..and they really nailed how your choices affect things and there are no good choices..only consequences. So many games try this and fail..with your choices boiling down to giving you light or dark point of one form or another >.<

Sorry for the wall of text!

never played the witcher, I heard great things about it though. I'll try to remember it. I just have so many games to play right now

da_illest101

25-30 hours playing straight through. There's a bunch of side quests though that would probably add another 5 hours or so. It's not the length of a game, but the quality, and Nier had it in spades for me.

When I go to eb games i'll try to pick it up. I got a 20$ gift card so the game will just cost me about 10$

da_illest101

anyone getting Kingdom Hearts re:coded for the ds? or prinny 2: dawn of operation panties for the psp? they both coming out today.

da_illest101

I might be alone in this, but I really want to play this game:

YouTube - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Trailer - E3 2010

There's something about playing the game of a book you already read...

*Crickets chirping*

*Walks out of thread awkwardly*

I don't read the books, but I love the movies, but even I know when a game should never get played. Every review about this game say it's bad, not that I trust reviewers but it doesn't look good at all. Stay away lol

YouTube - "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1" Review

Waiting to play Test Drive Unlimited 2.
Nothing like an open island littered with online people and lots of cars to go driving around with.
Good times.

Luke1993

Alrighty. I'll take your word for it. No HP.

I played one of the earlier versions of this game when I was younger and I thought it was a blast though. However. I also liked Tomb Raider so... meh.

Well the thing is with games of films is that usually they don't put a lot of effort into it because they know fans will buy it regardless. The only game of a film I can think of that was really good was chronicles of riddick.

fitftw

Waiting to play Test Drive Unlimited 2.
Nothing like an open island littered with online people and lots of cars to go driving around with.
Good times.

yeah the first one was awesome. I'll definitely pick this up. I hope it works well with my wheel setup.

Xylia

Dead space is good imo, it's a bit like resident evil In space..more slow paced than RE 5.. think along the lines of RE 1&2.

There is a new s.t.a.l.k.e.r In development too btw, though not many details about it at the moment. But it will be shadow of Chernobyl 2 basically, so I have high hopes for that.

Did Dead Space give you a good scare? I hear it's pretty creepy :eek: And S.T.A.L.K.E.R is so fun with all the freedom you have. If there's a new one coming out, I'm definitely playing it.

Well the thing is with games of films is that usually they don't put a lot of effort into it because they know fans will buy it regardless. The only game of a film I can think of that was really good was chronicles of riddick.

I have to agree... Games from movies usually aren't all that great. I did like Tomb Raider back in the day, but it grew old for me. I mean, how many Tomb Raiders are there now? >.< Chronicles of Riddick: Butcher Bay is a decent game, though. Not to mention, Vin Diesel = eye candy.

StupidWiz

Alrighty. I'll take your word for it. No HP.

I played one of the earlier versions of this game when I was younger and I thought it was a blast though. However. I also liked Tomb Raider so... meh.
Casting some spells can be fun actually though I'm pretty sure in mid game you'll find the game getting really boring, especially if you already read the book. :D

fitftw

I have Dead Space and couldn't play it for more than 40 minutes because it was just too damn dark and freaky. Or maybe it just bored me to death. Idk. Silent Hill 2 is still the scariest game I ever played, and I loved it.

I have Dead Space and couldn't play it for more than 40 minutes because it was just too damn dark and freaky. Or maybe it just bored me to death. Idk. Silent Hill 2 is still the scariest game I ever played, and I loved it.

I agree. Silent Hill 2 will always be one of my favorite games, and the best psychological game.
Dead Space just felt too claustrophobic, and no real changes in atmosphere. It was all the same until the end.

Xylia

There's not too many scary games out that I haven't played yet, so figured I would try it. I love the Silent Hill series. Ever play Silent Hill "The Room"? *shudder*