Gamers thread

Bama_Heath

Does anybody larp around here....

I hope no one here does. Larpy's live in their basements (my bad...'kingdoms') and make foam covered weapons and wooden armor to go battle on random soccer fields for the dominion of make believe lands. Not good for real world application of overcoming SA.

Bama_Heath

How DARE you make fun of larping. Larping actually helps you socialize with other larpers alike. But you wouldn't know seeing as how you never responded to my E-vite the other day for my Aion larping event. Besides our weapons are not made of foam or wood. I bought mine on Ebay, it's legit.

Larping is as helpful to SA as having a conversation with invisible friends is...i.e not very helpful. Running around in magical dust covered capes and clashing plastic swords and gauntlets won't help anyone approach normal people.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
It involves imaginary stuff, but it's still being social with people who share common interests.

ETA That said, I still get a kick out of this chart. Note where the LARPers are. I occupy quite a few spots on this chart myself. :D

the-geek-hierarchy-chart-2.0-fullversion.gif

Last edited:

Danfalc

Banned
I have COD, but I can't get past the training part. I get stuck in corners and stuff.

LOL :D that made me smile,you mean the bit where you have to run around shooting targets that pop up?

You will get the hang of it,just get use to walking about first and omg at you being into larp,was more into tabletop rpg's myself :)

Danfalc

Banned
I finished RDR two days ago, quite the cool ending

Yeah I had a feeling "it" would happen,but was still kinda shocked when it did,without spoiling it for other people I will try and be cryptic,but how you can still play after completing it is cool.

Rockstar always seem to deliver thought provoking stories that would make some films look crap.

Danfalc

Banned
I think larping sounds kind of neat, you get to pretend to be someone else for a day :p

Well I use to enjoy drama class at school so I guess It's kind of like that but with props :cool: Though I think you would have to have a really cool group to do it with,or I could just see people argueing "no I slew the dragon..." :D

DarkPhoenix

Larping is as helpful to SA as having a conversation with invisible friends is...i.e not very helpful. Running around in magical dust covered capes and clashing plastic swords and gauntlets won't help anyone approach normal people.

If it gets people out of their house to interact with like minded people that might be otherwise confined to their "basement" wheres the harm in that? maybe they don't live up to your definition of a healthy social life but theres no need to be so judgemental. Its that kind of attitude that creates social anxiety.

Masychefx2

Banned
so much for playing red dead redemtion on release by the time i get it it will be a classic title and be fiver in the bargain bin

Pookah

Someday the creators of Eve Online are gonna finish the damn Vampire World of Darkness online game. Want now. :(

da_illest101

Yeah I had a feeling "it" would happen,but was still kinda shocked when it did,without spoiling it for other people I will try and be cryptic,but how you can still play after completing it is cool.

Rockstar always seem to deliver thought provoking stories that would make some films look crap.

Oh that what i meant by finish the game, until you don't see the credits it's not over, can't be more clear then that , don't want to spoil it for anyone but that game has some of the best voice over and story development i ever seen

agoraphobickatie

i keep seeing this thread and haven't clicked on it until now...

i'd just like to say that the fallout 3 soundtrack is the best ever, and cretos is the hottest god of war i eva seen!! HAHA :)

Eam

I've been thinking about reinstalling The Battle for Middle-earth II again lately, I used to love it - online, offline, conquer mode. Though less online since I find RTS scary to play online.

dead24

i'm playing mass effect 1 right now and i had a hard time choosing between a soldier and a vanguard class. With a soldier you can use all the weapons but doesn't have any biotic or tech powers. With a vanguard you can only use pistols and shotguns but can use cool biotic powers. Ended up playing soldier, can't stand playing w/o snipers.