Gamers thread

Luke1993

I think Pookah answered that already dude :)

No that's not the same type of "restriction" I was talking about. When the game first came out I played it, at that time you could only play in the shire. But as time went by the developers added new areas to the world, I knew they'd gotten as far as Moria, what I wanted to know was how much they had done since, (Which I know now, thank you)!

Remus

Staff member
Ahh adventuring wise, out of Moria, though dimrill dale, nimrodel, Lothlórien (the elven city Caras Galadhon), over the anduin to mirkwood and dol guldur

Masychefx2

Banned
anyone getting knight old republic mmorpg im thinkg about it cos i loved kotor but i dont wanna get sucked in for years like some WoW players who are obssessed about the latest mount or w.e.

Danfalc

Banned
anyone getting knight old republic mmorpg im thinkg about it cos i loved kotor but i dont wanna get sucked in for years like some WoW players who are obssessed about the latest mount or w.e.

I'm waiting to see more..I have a lot of faith In Bioware,but when it come's to mmo's you really never know how they are going to turn out.

And I hope their is more to it than grinding mobs just to get to the next level or better equipment.

Masychefx2

Banned
red dead redemption multiplayer is pretty cool but man aiming is hard when auto aim is off me and this guy were stood like 5 ft from each other and we were shooting each other and reloading for like 5 minutes before he managed to finnaly kill me... i get majorly owned on this game.

Danfalc

Banned
Yeah I get my ass handed to me for a while,team matches are best while your still learning,even if your not into team work you can just let other people draw fire for you :cool:

And having auto aim off will be hard at first,but worth doing it in the long run,just like learning how to do car games with gears ect

Masychefx2

Banned
yeh the gang matches are cool but i always get owned on the stand off bit at the beginning lol

i think my favourite gun is the automatic pistol or the revolver

da_illest101

I got metal gear solid peace walker for the psp, it's quite good but the control are not that great ( well it's a psp game) who else has the game

Danfalc

Banned
yeh the gang matches are cool but i always get owned on the stand off bit at the beginning lol

i think my favourite gun is the automatic pistol or the revolver

Yeah the stand off's are brutal,but I have found doing that roll you can do stops you getting wasted from the initial first few shots,then it's about how quick you are at lining up shot's and a bit of luck.

And yeah nice selection of pistols,The Mauser I think it is?The colt is also a nice pistol.I prefer the revolvers like the double action,but I think you need a semi auto pistol to stay competitive in online.

Masychefx2

Banned
Yeah the stand off's are brutal,but I have found doing that roll you can do stops you getting wasted from the initial first few shots,then it's about how quick you are at lining up shot's and a bit of luck.

And yeah nice selection of pistols,The Mauser I think it is?The colt is also a nice pistol.I prefer the revolvers like the double action,but I think you need a semi auto pistol to stay competitive in online.

i was playing today and got like this 9mm pistol or something and it was probably the best one i have used for killing

Luke1993

they put an auto pistol in there? what? The spirit of the Wild West ruined!! lol I should've known Rockstar would go back to their Liberty City roots!

As for games I've been playing recently. I've just finished the third game in the trilogy of the Pheonix Wright series on the Nintendo DS. You play as a defence lawyer and in each case (There's about 4-5 in each game) you have to prove your client innocent. I guess it's more of an interactive novel than a game. You have to do a lot of reading lol

On paper the game sounds like it would be really bad but it's actually amazing The plots and characters were written so well, I was only going to play the first one but it ended so brilliantly I just had to play the other two! lol but yeah i just finished the last one. I doubt anyone else on these forums would've played these games since I don't think they're very well known.

coyote

Ok, serious question:

I understand there's a difference in the hard drive/memory sizes, but having said that, what is the difference between the xBox 360 "Arcade" and the xBox 360 "Elite" or whatever other models there are that cost twice as much?

Can't I play the same games on them?

I wanna buy one but i don't want to spend $100-$200 extra if i don't need to.

Before you laugh and snicker, remember that I was playing "Pong" before most of your were born.

Thanks!

Masychefx2

Banned
errrrr an xbox arcade will like have enough memory for you to save your progress in a game but you wont have much room to install games on your HD which is good as the dvd drive on the xbox is very loud and installing it means the disk drive is only used to verify you have the game.

also you can download updates and stuff but if u have a small HD u probably not be able too unless its 20gb or something should be enough to do updates.

Basically what i mean is if your going to play straight from the disk e.g. put disk in tray and play then an arcade would be fine but id recommend at least the 20gb Hardrive

coyote

errrrr an xbox arcade will like have enough memory for you to save your progress in a game but you wont have much room to install games on your HD which is good as the dvd drive on the xbox is very loud and installing it means the disk drive is only used to verify you have the game.

also you can download updates and stuff but if u have a small HD u probably not be able too unless its 20gb or something should be enough to do updates.

Basically what i mean is if your going to play straight from the disk e.g. put disk in tray and play then an arcade would be fine but id recommend at least the 20gb Hardrive

ok, cool - that's what I wondered - whether you could still save progress, etc. So mainly the big drives are used for installing them on the drive instead of playing of the disk?

Masychefx2

Banned
yeah basically i used up all my HD space to install the games but the one issue if your planning to update the games etc download updates then arcade wouldnt have enough memory. But if your just playing the games stright out the box and in the tray then i see no reason to buy the elite or whatever.

coyote

yeah basically i used up all my HD space to install the games but the one issue if your planning to update the games etc download updates then arcade wouldnt have enough memory. But if your just playing the games stright out the box and in the tray then i see no reason to buy the elite or whatever.

If I bought the Arcade, can it be upgraded later with more disk space, or can I use some sort of external memory/storage?