Gamers thread

DarkPhoenix

i'm playing mass effect 1 right now and i had a hard time choosing between a soldier and a vanguard class. With a soldier you can use all the weapons but doesn't have any biotic or tech powers. With a vanguard you can only use pistols and shotguns but can use cool biotic powers. Ended up playing soldier, can't stand playing w/o snipers.
You can still use the biotic powers of your squad, love the diversity of that game

Danfalc

Banned
I'm looking forward to the new fallout expansion,New Vegas,will be closer to the first two games for us old enough or geeky enough to of enjoyed them :)

Remus

Staff member
I've been thinking about reinstalling The Battle for Middle-earth II again lately, I used to love it - online, offline, conquer mode. Though less online since I find RTS scary to play online.

Not sure if you have Medieval Total War 2 but this is a great LOTR mod:

Third Age - Total War mod - Mod DB

I love that fallout music too, something haunting about it. In the 80's I remmber people thinking nuclear armageddon was just around the corner, adverts on TV like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXx5Y2Fr2bk

Last edited:

Danfalc

Banned
Not sure what to think about this. Lord of the Rings online is becoming free to play with restrictions. Seems a little like microtransactions.....but I've already had a paid subscription so can never go below "premium." Man I should have saved money and became a lifetime member.

Anything which resembles micro transactions is normally a bad sign,maybe I'm wrong and this will reward full members?I really should try Lotr online though as I've had people recommend it to me.

I use to play Ultima Online before WoW and all the rest came out,and I will always crave that sandbox type of game to the grind type of game.But EA took over UO and completely ruined it by letting players be able to buy pre made characters and the such.As well as silly things like Neon Weapons *sad sigh*

I tried Eve Online as that seemed really good but I just don't find space as interesting as Fantasy.

Anyway sorry for the rant,I hope Kotor,or maybe Secret World will breathe a bit of life into the mmo scene.

Luke1993

I've been thinking about reinstalling The Battle for Middle-earth II again lately, I used to love it - online, offline, conquer mode. Though less online since I find RTS scary to play online.

Call me crazy, but I preferred the first one much more! The way you could build bases I much preferred. Also the campaign was brilliant.

Pookah

Anything which resembles micro transactions is normally a bad sign,maybe I'm wrong and this will reward full members?I really should try Lotr online though as I've had people recommend it to me.

I use to play Ultima Online before WoW and all the rest came out,and I will always crave that sandbox type of game to the grind type of game.But EA took over UO and completely ruined it by letting players be able to buy pre made characters and the such.As well as silly things like Neon Weapons *sad sigh*

I tried Eve Online as that seemed really good but I just don't find space as interesting as Fantasy.

Anyway sorry for the rant,I hope Kotor,or maybe Secret World will breathe a bit of life into the mmo scene.

Well when this goes into place you can play LotRO for free with restrictions indefinitely until you don't want to or wanted to subscribe. I guess it is good on that level at least.

Remus

Staff member
Not sure what to think about this. Lord of the Rings online is becoming free to play with restrictions. Seems a little like microtransactions.....but I've already had a paid subscription so can never go below "premium." Man I should have saved money and became a lifetime member.

Answers to Your Questions - The Lord of the Rings Online™ Forums

Yeah I got the email about that today off turbine

They already made Dungeons & dragons Online a F2P, thats done really well. I'll have to see if this new model lets me keep my old characters/races/classes/gear

Remus

Staff member
DDO is not like those asian F2P games, they all seem poor on content, everything is about the shop and what you can buy and show off with. DDO is more purchasing content like new dungeons , classes, items that make your gameplay better. It's fun though even if you did it solely free like I did for a while.

I can see it working well with LOTRO if they impliment it similar, say pay for special raids/instances, first age weapons etc.

Luke1993

how much of middle earth can you explore now in lotro? I only played a little trial thing very briefly and all i could explore was the shire, i know they did a moria expansion but have they done rohan and gondor or anything else yet?

Pookah

how much of middle earth can you explore now in lotro? I only played a little trial thing very briefly and all i could explore was the shire, i know they did a moria expansion but have they done rohan and gondor or anything else yet?

No Rohan or Gondor methinx. We have Lothlorien and part of Mirkwood though now (elf territory.)

Danfalc

Banned

I think Pookah answered that already dude :)

Well when this goes into place you can play LotRO for free with restrictions indefinitely until you don't want to or wanted to subscribe. I guess it is good on that level at least.

Masychefx2

Banned
red dead redemption is good few neagtive points just things i thing rockstar could have done better

as usual alot of buildings cannot be entered like in gta

point a gun at a shopkeeper would be cool if they emptied the cash till and gave u money instead of just running away

apart from those points i think they did a great job and the multiplayer is fun but my wireless not work properly

Remus

Staff member

Main Zones so far are:

Shire, Breeland, Ered Luin, north downs, lonelands, Lake Evendim, Ice bay of Forochel, Trollshaws, Rivendell, Ettenmoors PvP, Angmar, Eregion, Lorien, Mirkwood and Moria (which is huge)

ripewithdecay

This makes me want to fire up my lotro account again. I still have a 40 something captain that i havent touched in a year.

Remus

Staff member
It's worth it just to get to level 50, the game suddenly gets much better and you attain legendary weapons which level up too

Pookah

I'm on Elendilmir...don't know if the population is that good there or if that is typical.

Remus

Staff member
No idea, I'm on english EU servers, the most populous being snowbourne

Best idea is to check the LOTRO forums, the servers have seperate sub forums, go for the one with the most topics/replies, in the US that seems to be Landroval

Last edited: