Gamers thread

megalon

I know this thread is mostly frequented by pc gamers, but If anyone has an xbox one, I have an extra code for the Destiny beta. pm me if you want it.

I just read on Twitter that you can get The Sims 2 for free if you redeem the code ''I-LOVE-THE-SIMS'' on Origin. I've just tested it myself, and it works. It's a pretty old game, but neat all the same.

drganon

I just read on Twitter that you can get The Sims 2 for free if you redeem the code ''I-LOVE-THE-SIMS'' on Origin. I've just tested it myself, and it works. It's a pretty old game, but neat all the same.

I liked it better than the 3rd one. The upcoming fourth one will have even less features and items without expansion packs. Like I needed another reason to hate EA.

On a more positive note, I've been playing Minecraft and Trials Evolution.

Rawz

I've finally got back to Mass Effect 3 since I've finally got my computer into better working order. I'm playing some of the DLC that I wasn't able to before my computer went into disarray. It feels great to be able to play it again. I just love Mass Effect.

I've finished episode two of Bioshock Infinite's Burial at Sea DLC.

The first one was kind of stale for the most part, interesting, don't get me wrong, but beyond a few references and a few familiar faces not super exciting. But heading into the second it's very obvious that episode one was merely there to prep you for the second.

Without spoiling it I'd just like to say that really liked the way they filled in blanks, smoothed the story and fleshed out a few things here and there. Especially when it concerns Infinite's weaker points like the lack of explanation as to why Columbia had Vigors in it. It felt like a forced element purely for the gameplay. Seeing them address it so that it makes sense in the story itself was nice.

And I can't say that I blame them for wanting to clear it up as much as possible. Seeing as the original developers handed the intellectual property over to 2K, in a sense this last DLC was clean departure from the Bioshock franchise as we know it. Everything that bares the Bioshock name in the future will be, with all due respect, professional fanfiction. Them wanting to wrap up their original story and vision so that it can exist in and of itself regardless of what games may follow is completely understandable.

I'm sure there's people that would have preferred to keep Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite separate self contained entities, but I'm satisfied to end it on this final chapter- and in the way it did.

drganon

Haven't played anything in a couple of days. I'm kind of getting bored with minecraft, I got as far as I could in Trials-Evolution, and I don't really have anything else I'm really interested in playing. The summer months really are the worse for gaming.

Ithior

Anyone wants to play Garry's Mod? Prop Hunt, Hide'n'Seek, Murder, whatever.

Last edited:

Steiner

I'm just gonna ramble.

I've been pretty bored lately and not sure what to play. I want to play like diablo or something. Or dragon age but I know once I play them I will get bored again in like 5 minutes. I've been playing nothin but TF2 lately and I am getting burnt out on that I think. Wish they would come out with a new Fable game for PC that didn't shit on the franchise and was actually good like the original fable game. I really just want a game with a fun storyline. The moment they tried to tack on multiplayer, fable went downhill. I didn't even play the third one but I heard it was gross.

They need to go back to basics with some of these games. I think with diablo 3 one of the things that was missing was the randomized map tiles. I liked the random maps. They weren't super random but it wasn't the exact same map every time.

drganon

I'm just gonna ramble.

I've been pretty bored lately and not sure what to play. I want to play like diablo or something. Or dragon age but I know once I play them I will get bored again in like 5 minutes. I've been playing nothin but TF2 lately and I am getting burnt out on that I think. Wish they would come out with a new Fable game for PC that didn't shit on the franchise and was actually good like the original fable game. I really just want a game with a fun storyline. The moment they tried to tack on multiplayer, fable went downhill. I didn't even play the third one but I heard it was gross.

They need to go back to basics with some of these games. I think with diablo 3 one of the things that was missing was the randomized map tiles. I liked the random maps. They weren't super random but it wasn't the exact same map every time.

The Dragon age games are okay. I've played through the two that are out, but haven't beaten either. They just get too hard at a certain point, atleast for me anyway.

Steiner

The Dragon age games are okay. I've played through the two that are out, but haven't beaten either. They just get too hard at a certain point, atleast for me anyway.

Yeah I found it pretty hard early on especially when learning the controls and just the how the game worked. Strategy mode. etc. Overall I actually disliked the game at first and dropped it for awhile. Eventually I really grew to enjoy it. I've only completely played through both games once. A dwarf noble from what I remember.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Australian gamers voted recently through a popular Aussie program 'Good Game', on their top three favorite games of all time.
2 nights ago the results aired and Good Game released the top 100 games as voted by Australian gamers.

The top ten where, **drum roll please**..........

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2. The Last of Us
3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
4. Minecraft
5. Grand Theft Auto V
6. Portal 2
7. Red Dead Redemption
8. Fallout 3
9. Bioshock: Infinite
10. World of Warcraft

I found this poll to mean more than any gamer magazine, as it was compiled from votes by the actual gaming public, not some magazine editor sitting in an office.

Last edited:

Steiner

Australian gamers voted recently through a popular Aussie program 'Good Game', on their top three favorite games of all time.
2 nights ago the results aired and Good Game released the top 100 games as voted by Australian gamers.

The top ten where, **drum roll please**..........

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2. The Last of Us
3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
4. Minecraft
5. Grand Theft Auto V
6. Portal 2
7. Red Dead Redemption
8. Fallout 3
9. Bioshock: Infinite
10. World of Warcraft

I found this poll to mean more than any gamer magazine, as it was compiled from votes by the actual gaming public, not some magazine editor sitting in an office.

I wish I could play the last of us and I have been hoping for a fallout 4. I've been having a hard time getting into skyrim. I just started a new character but that is all I ever seem to manage before I stop. I guess I prefer the guns of fallout more. I was planning on making like an archer character to see if i can get the same feel I get when I play fallout 3 but I think it's more the environment I find enjoyable.

Last edited:
I'm a bit disappointed to see Skyrim on the top of that list.

It was a fine game, and don't me get wrong I love it (I've just recently clocked four-hundred hours on Steam,) but it doesn't deserve to be number one. It's not the greatest story wise, the characters are sufficiently interesting at best, is fairly poorly optimized and it breaks itself in more ways than I care to remember.

I always feel ''best game'' is more about popularity and buzz than it is about game fidelity and overall design competence. Not surprising, just disappointing.

The rest of the list I can live with, those are all fine games.

squidgee

I'm a bit disappointed to see Skyrim on the top of that list.

It was a fine game, and don't me get wrong I love it (I've just recently clocked four-hundred hours on Steam,) but it doesn't deserve to be number one. It's not the greatest story wise, the characters are sufficiently interesting at best, is fairly poorly optimized and it breaks itself in more ways than I care to remember.

I'm inclined to agree. I thought Skyrim's side quests were somewhat lacking, with not enough depth story wise. The infinite quests system is also really lazy in my opinion, offering almost no entertainment value. Oblivion's quests were more interesting I think.

drganon

I'm inclined to agree. I thought Skyrim's side quests were somewhat lacking, with not enough depth story wise. The infinite quests system is also really lazy in my opinion, offering almost no entertainment value. Oblivion's quests were more interesting I think.

As someone who absolutely loved skyrim, I kind of agree.

Rawz

Recently got in the mood for old school FPS games, like DOOM. I haven't actually played all levels/episodes of Doom 1, 2 and expansions, despite liking it so much. I also haven't played much of the first Quake. I have played Quake 2 and it's expansions.

Anyway, I've installed a bunch, like Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, Quake, Unreal Gold (played some of it so far), and I found out about Blood via GOG.

It is awesome! Why didn't I hear about Blood sooner?! I think I'm enjoying it even more than Doom.