Gamers thread

Supernova

Might do, I've been beta testing it since last summer. Not bad.

You got to get it if you have been beta testing it that long! Did you need to be/do something special to get a beta invite that long ago?

I pre-ordered the deluxe from greenmangaming for £37.50 I believe, they had a voucher when it was first pre-orderable. I only played the last beta weekend though as I don't play betas much, prefer wait until the real game. But then I found out you get some special "boxes" for logging into the beta so I'll play the rest.

I only got a few levels as I didn't want to spoil it too much and I've been trying to get a controller working with the game, I was trying to make it work like in the game Tera Rising - a gamepad and UI made but I couldn't get the cursor to disappear in gamepad mode. I use a gamepad for levelling because my hands hurt after a few hours using a mouse and keyboard (since I messed them up playing WoW for too long years ago!), anything serious like dungeons I use keyboard and mouse though.

Ithior

Anyone playing Hearthstone? Started a few days ago, it seems fun. It's simple to get started as well, unlike other card games like Shadow Era which is a bit more complicated.
I tend to suck at card games though, but I haven't played in many online matches yet.

Anyone playing Hearthstone? Started a few days ago, it seems fun. It's simple to get started as well, unlike other card games like Shadow Era which is a bit more complicated.
I tend to suck at card games though, but I haven't played in many online matches yet.

I'm considering getting that game. But how mouse heavy is it? Because I'm looking to get it for my laptop/tablet, I'd be nice if I could use the touch screen for it.

Ithior

I'm considering getting that game. But how mouse heavy is it? Because I'm looking to get it for my laptop/tablet, I'd be nice if I could use the touch screen for it.

You don't really use the keyboard at all. I only tried out three card games but they were all like that, just drag and drop. Should be fine with touchscreen though, but it's only available for iOS right now.

Witty_Name0_0

Here's a list of good games i have been playing recently: Don't Starve, Path Of Exile, The Sims 3, Warframe.
Here's a list of my favourite games of all time: Warlords 2 Deluxe, Warlords Battlecry 3, Faster Than Light, TimeSplitters SERIES.

Can't think of anything else.

You don't really use the keyboard at all. I only tried out three card games but they were all like that, just drag and drop. Should be fine with touchscreen though, but it's only available for iOS right now.

As it turns out, there is a PC/laptop version available. And it works great on Windows 8 tablets/laptops. Or at least, it does on mine.

The game is pretty fun too.

squidgee

Here's a list of good games i have been playing recently: Don't Starve, Path Of Exile, The Sims 3, Warframe.
Here's a list of my favourite games of all time: Warlords 2 Deluxe, Warlords Battlecry 3, Faster Than Light, TimeSplitters SERIES.

Can't think of anything else.

I've recently started playing FTL on tablet. So much fun, but I suck at the game.

I'm replaying the Crysis trilogy. I finished the first one today, and made some head way on Crysis 2 this afternoon.

The second one seems to have downloaded weirdly from Steam, though. The game videos that play in between missions have a tendency to freeze, as though the files are corrupted. Very frustrating. I'm going to redownload the game and see whether that fixes it. Anyone else had that problem with Crysis 2?

I'm currently slowly making my way through Watch_Dogs, and I don't really get why so many people hate it so much. Sure, it was way over hyped, but purely on its own merits it's a perfectly enjoyable game. It seems its worst fault is that it isn't GTA5, and compared to that, yeah it lacks life and certain freedoms.

But where it doesn't have those things, it does have other things I really enjoy. Like for example great incentive to spare someone's life. So far I've only ever killed the people who criminals and actively shooting at me. In GTA5 I was slinging guns like there was no tomorrow, in Watch_Dogs I feel guilty when I even mildly bump into someone with my car. And of course, the ability to save random stranger that are in trouble. A few instances in, you really do start to feel like ''the vigilante.'' It's neat.

I really hope someone makes a mod the adds the Batman armor, Batman Tumbler and Grappling hook to the game. That would fit almost seamlessly into this game.