Gained weight by sitting at home all day?

MaliceInWickedland

Oh yeah. That's definitely something I need to keep an eye on.
*Sigh* If only sitting here at the computer all day could be a form of exercise ::p:

WeirdyMcGee

Being locked in my room for 2 years without any sunlight really took a toll on my weight.
Last year I was almost 190lbs when I'm normally 130.
I've been training at night now for the last few months and I'm close to my original weight but it takes alot of work and much more effort with watching what I'm eating.

...so... agoraphobia and depression is what made me gain weight.
And it's really difficult to try and fix things when you're still depressed because your metabolism gets all screwed up.

Dead_on_Arrival

I used to have a fast metabolism. Then I started to get old. Weight just crept up on me and I gained quite a bit of centre spread. I felt disgusted with myself and disgusted at the sight of myself in the mirror which made me seriously depressed. Needless to say all mirrors were taken down. I love mountain biking because it is a solitary sport so began riding everywhere. I still have a bit of plumpness but it's coming down slowly.

Mokkat

It all still comes down to *energy requirement <> energy expenditure* - your basic metabolism is still pretty high, even if you sit at the pc all day - just don't stuff your face with goodies :)

Caffeine, cold water, spicy foods, etc will also boost metabolism a bit, if you dont exercise. I drink too much coffee, and I keep 2x2L bottles of water in the fridge to binge on - not really for the health benefits, I just like it that way :)

edit: I also know a good way for guys to exercise at the computer, but I'm not telling haha :D

Last edited:
I'm at home 6 months. I have not done any exercise. Although I normally eat.
My weight was 70 kg, and nothing has changed. I recently started to be engaged in sports. But weight is still the same.=DD

Sorry for my English =DD

mikebird

Banned
I spend every working day at home, meticulously hunting for jobs, and speaking to recruiters. I'm never lost for something to do, even when opportunities dry up for the day, but when I get a break, it involves snacks.

Weight is fine, and my training regime is hard, and I'm proud of it.

When I do short-term contracts, I get less time to exercise, sitting on my ass, and with less verve.

InfraRecon

I probably should be gaining weight from sitting around all day, but each day involves a drum session which usually equates to a pretty decent whole body workout!

Steppen-Wolf

I have no idea who the hell my weight is only 187 lbs right now given how awful has my lifestyle been for so many years.

Hell, I weighed 170 earlier this year (then vacations came and I started eating terrible).

In any case, I'm overweight and there's no real reason for that... I just need to get into shape.

Lonelykitsune

I'm surprised I havn't got really fat yet since I don't exercise a lot. Suppose its cos I don't eat a huge amount due to the fact I've a crap appetite.

RoomBound

We got a new scale after a house fire, and I was shocked I weighed almost 200 pounds. I started exercising more and eating more whole grain/whole wheat foods. Now I weigh 163 and it looks like I'll level off in the 150s, since it seems to be my ideal weight.

NightTimeForever

Funny, my goal has been to gain weight. Recently, I've gained a little by staying at home for most of the day, as opposed to, you know, actually holding a job :p

Summoning

Thank you my dear metabolism.

Thankfully, I can eat all I want and sit my ass all day long that I don't seem to get fat. Not sure how long this will last, but hell, I have to enjoy it while I can.