Fav Quotes

Paahi

"This is the Zen approach: nothing is there to be done. There is nothing to do. One has just to be. Have a rest and be ordinary and be natural."
- Osho

Paahi

“Everything is alright forever and forever and forever…”
-Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums

Paahi

Preppy b*tch girl: "So uhh... I need your advice about my cat that died, and its made me feel sad"
Daria: "That'll be 10 dollars"
PBG: "Hmm... alright then.... so.... how do I stop feeling sad?"
Daria: *in proper deadpan voice* "...Find some other way to feel. Then you won't feel sad."
Brilliant.

alwaysrunning

I may be a bit predjudiced but when i see ppl out jogging and later hear them call it "running" it makes me feel like they underappreciate the hard work that actual running takes :mad:

394640612v8_480x480_Front.jpg
http://images2.cpcache.com/product/394640612v8_480x480_Front.jpg

" Hello hello, what's all this shouting? We'll have no trouble here!"

"Hello Dave"
"You're my wife now"

"You lied to me Edward. You lied to me. There is a Swansea"

"Are you local"

"I used to be in a war. And I put paid to quite a few like you, this is a decent town and a local shop, there's nothing for you here"

Phil: What people forget is gays are normal, regular, healthy guys.
Olly Plimsoles: Dykes on the other hand are evil.
Dave: Ollie!
Olly Plimsoles: Picture the scene, you arrive home early to find your wife Linda in bed with another man. Only it's not actually man. It's a big fat lezza smoking *my* pipe and wearing my slippers!
[Phil tries to calm Ollie down]
Olly Plimsoles: [shouts] Don't touch me, you poof! Anyway, what was I saying? Tolerance is an important issue...

I stole the last one from IMDB, because I couldn't remember it exactly.

I'm a massive "League Of Gentlemen" fan, these are all quotes from it

The Observer

"Take from me what you do not have, for I have enough of everything you need. All I ask for in return is for you to walk by my side, and call me your friend"
~G.Anthony (on friendship)

thegunners21

"The boundlessness of my own stupidity is the most important lesson I have ever learned in my entire life."
- Daniel O'Brien

Newtype

When a Jedi behaves badly in public, an observer might think, 'If this Jedi is a representative of the whole Order, then plainly no Jedi is worth respect.' On meeting a second Jedi, who behaves better than the first, that same person might think, 'Does this say that half the Jedi are good, and half bad?' On meeting a third Jedi, who behaves as well as the second, the person thinks, 'Was the first Jedi an exception, then?' In this way, only by the good behavior of several Jedi can the public be certain that the poor behavior of one Jedi was unusual. Thus, it takes many Jedi to undo the mistakes of one.

Odan-Urr

WeirdyMcGee

My favorite movie quote:
Humans are cowards in the face of happiness. It takes courage to hold on to happiness. ~ Momoko (Kamikaze Girls)

My favorite Shakespeare quote:
(I have so many but I'll just pick one!)
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

~ Macbeth

My favorite Buddhist quote:
Through violence, you may 'solve' one problem, but you sow the seeds for another. ~ Dalai Lama

constance

A truly strong person does not need the approval of others any more than a lion needs the approval of sheep.