Falling for life wave after wave- a blog

Kiwong

^Thanks for the info, I'll check it out :)

I suppose photography is like any other art form and it's very subjective whether it's good or not. I like to tell myself that if only 10% of the people tell me they like what I do, but they REALLY do, the remaining 90% don't really matter. (Unless I'm trying to make money out of it, because then you have to please the masses)

You're right, it is the people who matter that mean something. If a well credentialed landscape photographer says nice image then that is worth listening to. It seems like the majority of feedback is really positive. A few strangers at work talk me down.

defiance

I am a bit of a sap when it comes to beautiful images and your twelve apostles waterfall got to me. Just beautiful. This career was meant for you. Keep going:thumbup:

defiance

Just finished looking at the rest of the photos. Found many that were just so wonderful that I got lost in them. Without trying, I got lost in the photos and imagined that I was actually there and found myself at ease for a moment in time. Got me kind of emotional if I am to be honest as I am a sucker for beautiful pictures and so forth. Just great stuff man. If I were rich, I would definitely be buying quite a number of photos from you sir.

Kiwong

Thanks Defiance, and I am so happy you found some peace and escape in them. I realise how hard it is for you, and I know how elusive feeling at peace is for people like us.

Getting to beach or river at sunset is wonderful, it is probably one of the few times I feel at peace. Is there any where you can go locally sit quietly for a while.

Photography is still a hobby for me, be wonderful if it could be a career.

Kiwong

Sometimes after work, I go to the park and feed the birds. I keep thinking Lenny might just show up and say hello, but she never does. I hope wherever she is, she's doin' okay and makin' new friends.

th_19073_104198039605263_2199320_n1_zps0185e74c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have trouble sleepin' at night. I have bad dreams like I'm falling. I wake up scared. Sometimes it takes me a while to remember where I am.

I don't like it here. I'm tired of being afraid all the time. I've decided not to stay,

theoutsider

Sometimes after work, I go to the park and feed the birds. I keep thinking Lenny might just show up and say hello, but she never does. I hope wherever she is, she's doin' okay and makin' new friends.

th_19073_104198039605263_2199320_n1_zps0185e74c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have trouble sleepin' at night. I have bad dreams like I'm falling. I wake up scared. Sometimes it takes me a while to remember where I am.

I don't like it here. I'm tired of being afraid all the time. I've decided not to stay,

From one of my favorite books/movies. I'd like to think those of us with SA all have a little Andy Dufresne in us. When you think of it, we're all prisoners in one form or another silently seeking our escape under the noses of our tormentors.

Get busy living or get busy dying. That's damned right!

Kiwong

There are several good lines in that movie. I agree with the analogy towards social anxiety.
I have a Shawshank movie poster.

"Fear can hold your prisoner, hope can set you free.

There are several good lines in that movie. I agree with the analogy towards social anxiety.
I have a Shawshank movie poster.

"Fear can hold your prisoner, hope can set you free.
I loved that movie. It is one of my all time favourites. :thumbup:
His high intelligence ended up helping him to escape.

I have always wished I was born with a high IQ. That would have opened up a whole new set of opportunities for me to follow.....like a domino effect.

You need to be born with at least one of these 3 necessities to be/or become successful in our society now.

1) Inherited/Family wealth.
2) Great physical looks.
3) High IQ.

How did you get the movie poster of it?

Kiwong

I got the poster online Bluedays, I googled posters.
I think social anxiety is like being in a prison of the mind, and I relate to Andy digging himself out inch by inch.

The characteristics I like about his character us his resilience and failure to give up on hope.

I've got high IQ (~140), but i think my other problems have "cancelled it out".
That is interesting. I like to believe that my determination might have over-ruled my SA from stopping me from benefiting from having a high IQ. But then, my determination comes from seeing others with something I was not born with, so I suppose it is a 'catch 22' situation. >.>

I think social anxiety is like being in a prison of the mind, and I relate to Andy digging himself out inch by inch.

The characteristics I like about his character us his resilience and failure to give up on hope.
Yes, the symbolism of him slowly digging for all of those years and finally succeeding could be applied to many different things in life, for many different people. It's such a well written story.

theoutsider

One of the best parts which was in the book but not the movie is how Red explained that Andy was down and depressed after the warden denied him his opportunity to find the guy who confessed to the killings (I think his last name was Blatch, the first name escapes me...maybe Elmer). It seemed he was beaten down. Then everybody, including Andy got caught up in the local baseball team going on a run to possibly win the world series. The team fell short of the championship and everybody else went back to regular prison life but Andy, as Red explained it, had taken off his coat of depression during the championship run and just never put it back on after that.

I try to think of myself as taking off my coat of depression whenever I come out of one of my bouts with it. It's a good visual in my mind. Someday, I hope to never put that coat back on like Andy simply because I have no use for it.

Kiwong

http://soundcloud.com/search?q=Alex heffes

I watched the Bridge video. 1600 people have ended their lives jumping from the bridge including Gene Sprague, I can understand their pain, but not the extreme pain it must be. This illness causes me to regularly despair and hope, but it would have to get unimaginably worse to drive me to something like this.

I guess the reason I relate so much to birds, is because I want to fly away from the pain.
And I like this quote.

http://soundcloud.com/search?q=Alex heffes

I watched the Bridge video. 1600 people have ended their lives jumping from the bridge including Gene Sprague, I can understand their pain, but not the extreme pain it must be. This illness causes me to regularly despair and hope, but it would have to get unimaginably worse to drive me to something like this.

I guess the reason I relate so much to birds, is because I want to fly away from the pain.
And I like this quote.

Maya Angelou, knows why the caged bird sings. :thumbup:

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/48989/caged-bird

Kiwong

I've created a calendar with some of my photos. An early prototype.

Last edited: