Exercise Log

hippiechild

I basically try to do some type of cardio everyday...typically it's trampoline for an hour with my sister, trying to 1up each other with flips; that's fun exercise. Otherwise I will go on 45 min-3 hour walks in the woods for relaxation and exercise. Sometimes I jumprope to keep myself quick on my feet...or just basic calisthenics, pushups, situps, pullups, chinups.

My only real/serious exercise is squats. I try to do 6 sets of 5 reps 3-4 times a week. I'd eventually like to get up to squatting twice my bodyweight...but I'm only around 1.6

I basically want to stay as light as possible while training my legs to be powerful

2Crowded said:
Ok...I heard my name mentioned....I must be loved I guess :)

I do pretty much the same things everyday (only thing that differs minumaly from day to day right now....would be the distance & calories burned).... (3 hours) of stationary bike & 1000 reps on the cardioglide (35-40 minutes)...my equipment is rather outdated.... so I may have to take a picture of them to give you a better idea of what they look like one of these days...I would love a new stationary bike...but I havent found one that I can afford yet that has the quality I want.

I should mention probably that I do have some weights that I was using maybe 4 months back now....but as my routine got longer I stopped lifting those because my workout was taking to long....that & the cardioglide machine works alot of the muscles that I was focusing on with the weights anyway.
have you tried biking for maybe half as long, but at a higher level of intensity? You might get better results if you mix up your exercise routine to keep things interesting. I'd imagine that it would be hard to stay motivated and stick to a routine that involves hours of stationary bike :?
maybe you could break it up...do harcore stationary bike and cardioglide one day and weights the next(being sure not to work the same muscles) and a long distance stationary bike later in the week...maybe add in water training or swimming?

imo, unless you are training for some serious athletic event, your training shouldn't have to be a living hell

Sacrament

Well, he has mentioned that he was seriously overweight and decided he couldn't go on living like that anymore. So far, he's gotten great results and seems pretty happy with it, so kudos on that.

hippiechild

Sacrament said:
Well, he has mentioned that he was seriously overweight and decided he couldn't go on living like that anymore. So far, he's gotten great results and seems pretty happy with it, so kudos on that.
yes, definitely :D
but I don't think that it would hurt to have a bit of variety, it would probably help him reach his goals easier. It would be awful if he got sick of his routine... hours of biking without moving is pretty monotonous.

2Crowded

I hear ya....on the variety thing...maybe I'm a bit stuck in my ways....but I stil havent added the boxing to my routine yet....I figure by next week I will be adding that to my workout if everything go's as I think....at that time I may cut back just a bit on the Bike ride time....I use a combination of Ipod & TV with no volume to keep myself occupied durring my rides....I usualy hum along at about 12.3 mph..& at the end I speed up into the 13 mph range to finish out the last 5 minutes of each ride.

The last 3 days have been a little disapointing for me in the weight loss department.....I have stayed exactly the same.....I have a good feeling 2marro it will be moving south again though....it has to....There is no give up in me though.

princess_haru

Half hour walk to work, 45 mins on the stepper and some stretches. Phew!

I did eat ice-cream for breakfast though. For the second time this week... *feels decadent* :twisted:

2Crowded said:
The last 3 days have been a little disapointing for me in the weight loss department.....I have stayed exactly the same.....I have a good feeling 2marro it will be moving south again though....it has to....There is no give up in me though.
How much have you lost since you started? It sounds to me like you're doing really well, so try not to be disheartened by a few slow days :)

princess_haru

Woah, that's amazing Crowded! I'm really impressed by your dedication. It must be a great feeling to have achieved so much in only a year and still be going strong :D

2Crowded

I have changed up my routine just a bit....I have added boxing the heavy bag to my workout now....I do that for about 30 minutes Monday wednesday & friday.....& also only do cardioglide on those same days as well...& I have cut my stationary bike riding back to just 150 minutes on those days....may decide to cut it to 120 minutes soon..not sure yet. Also decided on no exercise on weekends now...I feel much better having those two days off to relax. But so basicly this is now what I'm doing...

Monday - 150 minutes of bike as follows 60/60/30, then 1000 reps Cardioglide, 30 minutes boxing.

Tuesday - 180 minutes bike as follows 60/60/60

Wednesday - 150 minutes of bike as follows 60/60/30, then 1000 reps Cardioglide, 30 minutes boxing.

Thursday - 180 minutes bike as follows 60/60/60

Friday - 150 minutes of bike as follows 60/60/30, then 1000 reps Cardioglide, 30 minutes boxing.

Weekends are now relaxing time...but the food plan stays basicly the same.

Lexmark

2Crowded thats huge! Nice work.
Well i been doing weights 3 days a week for 45 mins.
And 2 days a week do core strength and usually 1 hour run/walk.
Was doing boxing but got lazy~~~
Might go do some now

Argamemnon

I'm going to train my back and calves today. It'll be a brutal workout, my veins will be popping out of my skin.

2Crowded

Modified my workout a bit again.... Now doing only 90 minutes on bike on Mondays Wednesday's & Friday's..& then I do 2000 reps on cardioglide...& then 30 minutes of punching...didnt get the punching in today though...had to go help someone move things.

Tuesday's & Thursday's I just do 180 minutes of bike.

silentbutdeadly

Ran 2 miles today. I couldn't believe how exhausted I felt afterwards. 2 miles used to be easy...

Well the good thing about my running today was that I went at 9 in the morning. For a while now, I've only been running when I can wake up way earlier, at around 6. I think I've been doing that because I won't be seen by any of my neighbors and won't have that awkward moment where I have to choose whether or not to ignore them even though they know that I've noticed them.

Hmm...why am I writing this again...? Oh yeah, my point is that having to get up at 6 to go running has kept me from running as often as I'd like to...so I'd been letting my SA keep me from getting exercise, keep me from being as physically healthy as I would be otherwise. How f'ed up is that? Anyways, I hope you guys don't let the same thing happen to you.

Carstuar

I'm still eating very healthy, but I've been working out less these past few weeks, due to allergies (I feel exhausted all the time, and my eyes itch), and the fact that most of my TV shows are on break :(.
I usually just do 40-80 mins of warmup+HIIT on the bike while watching 1 or 2 episodes of a show :D

Sacrament

How can you warm up for so long?

I went for a run under a tremendous heat. It felt nice. I didn't run for long but sprinted a couple of times and also did some muscle work. I'm a bit sunburnt, that I like getting sunburnt because it gives my face an excuse to be red.

I have also been eating less, which might not be the healthiest way to go, but I lost some weight because of it when I started working and I felt good about it.

Thelema

Right now I'm training for the fall bodybuilding season...going to try to compete in the junior league (junior goes up to 20 in bodybuilding which is how old I'll be)

nemasket

This is a great thread :) I've been exercising again regularly for almost two years now and it's really helped my anxiety and my mood. I started off just walking to school and back (25 minutes each way) for about 6 months, then started adding biking, light jogging, swimming, and hiking. I'm in the middle of training for an olympic-distance triathlon next month (haven't done a triathlon in a long time) and feel great. I'm all about slow and steady winning the race :D

Today I ran about an hour at an easy pace, and lifted for about 30 minutes. Tomorrow I'm planning on swimming easy at lunch, then doing some hard intervals after work on the bike (But not as much as some of you do on the bike! Wow! Maybe next year ;) ).

Now if I can only get over my phobia of riding my bike in traffic and get off the back roads... :p

LLawliet

Jumped rope for about 45 min,not without stopping of course,its been a while since last time I did,hopefully it becomes a habit,skipping is the most fun exercise,but I feel a bit nervous doing outside...