Exercise Log

OceanMist

Ran 8 miles this weekend.Easy type of pace. about 8:30 per mile today on 4 mile run.

My car is in the shop. Been there for weeks now. If i don't get the car back that means my season of 5k runs will be over before it starts.

I would have to save up for a while to get used vehicle.

I lost a lot of running wind with the weather and loss of vehicle. It was too cold to run outside for 2 weeks or so.

Hot_Tamale

Just ordered this treadmill . im going to be getting A LOT more cardio in. (Thankyou, stock market)

https://www.nordictrack.com/treadmi...VVhuBCh1ugg2_EAQYBCABEgJHwvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

iv decided once and for all that im going to get my body fat percentage straightened out and actually MAINTAIN it.
Good for you. Running on a treadmill is very rewarding if the weather outside sucks or it's too dangerous on the streets.

The thing about the treadmill my dad bought the family a few years ago...it has a tendency to shock people. If I walk on the treadmill for too long without touching the railing then static electricity builds up and I get shocked when I touch it again. I hope that doesn't happen to you.

AtTheGates

Banned
Good for you. Running on a treadmill is very rewarding if the weather outside sucks or it's too dangerous on the streets.

The thing about the treadmill my dad bought the family a few years ago...it has a tendency to shock people. If I walk on the treadmill for too long without touching the railing then static electricity builds up and I get shocked when I touch it again. I hope that doesn't happen to you.

With MY luck it will definitely happen. lol

Iv never owned a treadmill though so I guess we'll see. I like the idea of running or walking while watching a movie. seems like it would make time go by quicker.

lily

i went outside yesterday and ran home the other way around b/c i felt a surge of energy lol if others don't care about me or are too fearful i have to care about self

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Iv never owned a treadmill though so I guess we'll see. I like the idea of running or walking while watching a movie. seems like it would make time go by quicker.

In my experience it does. I have an exercise machine (sort of like an elliptical) that I have in front of my tv, and I'll stay on it for three hours sometimes watching a movie or binging a tv show. I figured some days I would spend 3 hours (or more) plopped in front of tv and be surprised that so much time has passed and that if I exercised instead of sitting that time would move at a similar pace, and so far it has.

OceanMist

Ran 22 miles last week. Got a heel injury.

I stopped running as soon as i felt the injury being bad so I've been recovering quickly.

I got a gps watch so hopefully i can get back into mostly barefoot running and running on grass for training.

This should counter my chance of injury.

My problem is heel-striking, i believe.

Ran 30 minutes yesterday, ran up stairs for 10 minutes today. Also ran 13 minutes today outside.

Kiwong

Last two weeks have been 31 and 32km. I'm on for about 46km this week. 10km run this morning, cool conditions, and I felt strong.

Kiwong

38km this week. Today a 5km race with warm up and warm down. I'm really out of shape, but at my age glad to be out there running.

OceanMist

Things have been going great. i recovered quickly from the injuries and have been gettin in 20 miles per week, mon-fri runs.

I'm thinking of runnning in a 5k in march, there is one on a sunday so I'll see.

It may depend on if i'm close to 100% or not.

I've been doing easy runs mostly, on half the days i mix in a mile hard during my easy runs. On Friday i was surprised when i banged out a 6:22 mile split on my hard mile during the easy run.

Right now chasing the goal of breaking 20 mins outdoors in 5k and also finishing in top 10 % in all races.

OceanMist

I have STrava so i've been running with my phone so there hasn't been much of a need to report. I've been doing 20 miles a week and things have been going great.

I did a tempo run of 3 miles today at 21:54 or so so that was really good for that effort. I ran a mile easy before it.

my car is still in the shop but i should get it back by the end of next week so hopefully in April i can start the 5k season.

Breaking 19 minutes on the 5k is looking like it could definitely happen by the end of the year.

lily

Ahhh! i've exercised today too and other days :) hallelujah! but at times i skip :sad:

Last edited:

lily

ok good luck! but even though i miss a day here and there like two days i'd feel awful so it's better that i do it more