Exercise Log

I've been battling with the posture thing for years.

I won't get into it right now but to say in short I've always had a problem of hunching to my right side which resulted in a ton of injuries.

I've worked more on straigtening my back and I have a lumbar belt.

It's insanely hard to fix a really bad posture. It's so hard to remind myself every time I stand up to straighten my back.

i have improved though.

I didn't go to the 5k on the 4th of july because i stayed up til 3am but i am gonna go to this 5k that is an hour drive away on sunday morning. I paid for this one so i am gonna go.

You mean scoliosis? I do lateral leg swings for it, I've had pretty good results.

I can totally relate to it, once you are outside you can hardly control your posture (sometimes because of people making you shy, so you curl up somehow), you should consider getting one of these :
Redresse-dos-posture-controle-2-1.jpg
, they've helped me being more conscious of my posture

Last edited:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Should I feel embarrassed by showing myself in pajamas ? Probably not ! Now that I did, nothing else will embarrass me anymore ...

This is what I told you about, it both stretches my hamstrings and lower back, in addition to being a good way to practice my axe kicks to hit with my heel.

http://nsa38.casimages.com/img/2017/07/15/170715075434803015.jpg
http://nsa38.casimages.com/img/2017/07/15/170715075427470033.jpg

P.S. : Yes, this is a 2DS on my bed, I am a Pokémon fan after all!

I feel like a weirdo ffs

A cool weirdo who can kick people in the head though ;)

I've been keeping up with my runs, up to 23 days now!

A cool weirdo who can kick people in the head though ;)

I've been keeping up with my runs, up to 23 days now!

Great idea! If I'm called a weirdo I'll give the sucker a kick in the head.

Congratulations on your 23rd day!!!! Is it the first time that you are racking up so many days?

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Thanks guys :thumbup:

Is it the first time that you are racking up so many days?

Yes and no. It's the first time I've done it on my own, when I was in high school I played sports year round, so I would always be running to stay in shape. But those runs were often during practices (and when I had the limberness of healthy youth ::p:) and not something I had to discipline myself to do.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Made it up to 29 days today, despite the rain. I'm glad I am keeping up, it's one thing I can look at and feel like I am doing well.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I ran every day in July, and I think I am starting to feel it in my runs. My legs feel stronger and like they have more motion in them. I know if I keep it up things will keep improving.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I'm through 44 days, or a little over 6 weeks! It feels great to know I've done at least one good thing for myself every day over the last month and a half.

Hot_Tamale

I'm through 44 days, or a little over 6 weeks! It feels great to know I've done at least one good thing for myself every day over the last month and a half.
That's amazing! Now that I've graduated I need to run more often too :) I hope I can find your level of motivation.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
That's amazing! Now that I've graduated I need to run more often too :) I hope I can find your level of motivation.

You can do it! I try to approach it with the mentality of "no complaints, no excuses." Once you cut out all that stuff, it becomes a lot easier I think :)

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
After 48 days of running, I've noticed these things help me run faster:
  1. Bugs
  2. Monsoons
  3. People I know walking their dogs
  4. Knowledge of food at home waiting to be devored

If I ever win a race, I'll devote to the guy down the street :thumbup:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
If my math is right, today was day 67! I ran every day in July and August , and the last three days I've increased my distance to 3 miles (5k). I'll continue the shorter runs on days I work, and do the longer runs on my days off.

It's awesome to say I've been doing this for 10 weeks! I started a couple days after the start of summer, and was imaging at the end of summer (3 weeks from now) that I would be able to say "I ran every day this summer." Usually with these types of things I find an excuse and they stay a fantasy, it actually being a reality is helping me stay hopeful about other dreams, running and otherwise. Maybe in a year or two I'll have worked up to running a marathon, or I'll be publishing a book, or living on my own somewhere I love. Little by little, and with the right attitude and direction, all these things feel more in grasp than before.

Last edited:
If my math is right, today was day 67! I ran every day in August and September, and the last three days I've increased my distance to 3 miles (5k). I'll continue the shorter runs on days I work, and do the longer runs on my days off.

It's awesome to say I've been doing this for 10 weeks! I started a couple days after the start of summer, and was imaging at the end of summer (3 weeks from now) that I would be able to say "I ran every day this summer." Usually with these types of things I find an excuse and they stay a fantasy, it actually being a reality is helping me stay hopeful about other dreams, running and otherwise. Maybe in a year or two I'll have worked up to running a marathon, or I'll be publishing a book, or living on my own somewhere I love. Little by little, and with the right attitude and direction, all these things feel more in grasp than before.

Congratulations, very motivating.

Kiwong

Haven't been running much since starting anti-depressants. A lot is stress in my work environment, and it has really downed my motivation.

The good news is that I have 2 from 3 of the last few days. And there are no side effects from the pills that stop me from running.

OceanMist

Great news. Been doing a lot of 5k training. My time when i started was like 32 mins or something and i'm down to 22 mins 5k time trial by myself.

As usual i've been battling injuries but my injuries have been leg tightness (calf and achilles tightness) so nothing like last time (plantar fascitis and achilles extreme pain).

Taking it easy this week.

My goal is to get my time under 20 minutes by new years. Then next goal will be under 19 mins and then it will be time to race and start finishing near the front and hopefully get a first place next year.

I did wind up going to that 5k in july and totally ran out of energy after first mile. It was sad but I was so proud of myself for showing up. I was all alone and i was nervous but pushed through. I got 27 minutes which was my worst official time ever.

5 miles with hills was Monday run. Bad tightness in calf on the hills. :( Rest today, just ran in the grass for 5 mins. That was it. Tomorrow I don't know yet, we'll see if the tightness is there. If it is, then easy tomorrow.

Last edited:

OceanMist

Barefoot running. This is the new way i may have figured out to avoid injuries.

I recently got a bone spur in that same area of my heel and I now am thinking it's from heel striking in my shoe.

I've been doing research online and have come to the conclusion that i will best off doing most of my training barefoot.

Still waiting for my bone spur to heal. It's been about a week and has showed a lot of improvement. Hopefully be training again next week.

Been walking in the grass every day for about 40 mins a day to build up feet. Feet already much stronger.

I should have been doing this my whole life, barefoot walking and running for training.

Kenyans know what's up. They mostly ran barefoot as children. I know that's partly a matter of luck (due to lack of finances in their country) but still, they know how to become great runners.

Kiwong

^ Might want to try Vibram 5 fingers just for protection of the feet from being cut.

8km from me, feel a bit like Jabba the Hut when I run, I am have put on some weight during my break from running.

Kiwong

Another 8km, somehow got up early enough, and out the door. Pretty good that at 55 I can still get out the door for a run. Running is something that is mine, and no-one can take it away from me.