Do you use Facebook? Are you for or against it?

Do you use Facebook?

• Yes. It's great! I get to post pictures and boast about my social life!

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • I have an account but only to keep in touch with a few people.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I have an account but i hardly ever use it.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • No. Facebook is a waste of time.

Votes: 28 20.0%

• Total voters

Labyrinthine

I have an account, but virtually never go on. It wasn't impessive to me since some of the people who used to call me names were friending me right away, to I figure raise their friend count. :rolleyes:
All of the social problems I have transfered over as well. I found myself caring way too much about how my status updates would be perceived.

However, because of facebook I did get in contact with those who I used to be friends with, but lost contact with due to moving.

Evolution

i think you just pranoid i find facebook so cool just dont be affraid no one will eat you there just enjoy it and upload photos and make comments you ll see you enjoy it dont be affraid

shakethelight

I have one and I find it useful in raising awareness against BSL and animal cruelty. I like being able to donate or share pictures of dogs on death row that manybe without FB would have not found homes. I don't care about the people, or how photo shopped every is. I know not everything is like it seems, people only share what they want you to know. FB is the least of my issues.

KiaKaha

Banned
The only reason I have a facebook account is so that when I get a girlfriend I can put "is in a relationship" so everyone can know how awesome I am.

Because lets face it, just like everything else in life.... it aint official - until it's facebook official.

shakethelight

The only reason I have a facebook account is so that when I get a girlfriend I can put "is in a relationship" so everyone can know how awesome I am.

Because lets face it, just like everything else in life.... it aint official - until it's facebook official.

Ok that made my night but I think doing that jinxes it. That's probably my ocd talking.

Labyrinthine

I have one and I find it useful in raising awareness against BSL and animal cruelty. I like being able to donate or share pictures of dogs on death row that manybe without FB would have not found homes. I don't care about the people, or how photo shopped every is. I know not everything is like it seems, people only share what they want you to know. FB is the least of my issues.

The dog rescue I belong to has a Facebook page. It really has helped.

Starry

Hahaha! That actually made me laugh out loud... Meh, I've only just woken up... ^_^

MikeyC

You got that right! ;)

I like Facebook for a few things, and dislike it for other things. It's a good tool to keep in touch with people, and to be social without actually being social!

KiaKaha

Banned
It does have it's benefits for sure - the thing I mostly dont like about it though is how seriously people take it, not the actual site itself. If you dont accept friend requests, or if you defriend - people get offended by it. My mother to this day holds a HUGE grudge against me because I wont be her friend on facebook. I cant quite put my finger on it - but it seems that facebook is now some kind of mechanism for ones own validation - not just in the perspective of having friends etc, but in respect of - 'announcing' what is going on in your life.

I also dont like how people 'collect' friends and how some people use it to post every nuance of thought that they have.

Personally - I take my online privacy somewhat seriously. I am a friendly guy and I will talk to anyone - but facebook....meeeh, I think there are better ways to go about things.

/rant

twiggle

I use it but I barely post stuff anymore. I tend to just check it a few times a day whereas in the past I'd just leave it on and spend my days rifling through profiles to find something interesting to look at.
It's an easy way to send messages to friends far and wide but that's about all I use it for now.
In all honesty I think within a few years time it'll be dead and gone. Especially since they've made the timeline compulsory, I think many have become disillusioned by it.

MikeyC

Mmm. Indeed. It says so much. Facebook defriending = "official" non friendship.

:rolleyes:

Whatever would we do without facebook. The world would be chaos. CHAOS I tells you.
Once Facebook disappears, something else will take its place. There will be no shortage of social networking of some capacity anymore!

I use it but I barely post stuff anymore. I tend to just check it a few times a day whereas in the past I'd just leave it on and spend my days rifling through profiles to find something interesting to look at.
Yeah, I would do this as well and spend hours in front of Facebook mindlessly going through my news feed and photos. I try not to do this now but I still spend a lot of time looking. Something I must try to conquer!

In all honesty I think within a few years time it'll be dead and gone. Especially since they've made the timeline compulsory, I think many have become disillusioned by it.
Timeline is not the best, but I'm fairly used to it now. I do agree that it'll be gone in a few years when something else takes its place. I'm sure Zuckerberg won't care, as he's already set for life no matter what the future for Facebook holds.

I use FB to stay in touch with what is happening around, watching pictures and chat with who ever somehow decided to chat with me.

I used mostly to chat with some people, and may be a couple games if I'm really really bored.

SmileMore: Have you configured your newsfeed to stop receiving all the updates from your contacts and only the ones labeled as "only important"? That reduces significantly the amount of stuff on the newsfeed and makes it less overwhelming.

GraybeardGhost

I use it, but I often find it frustrating, even infuriating. The trouble with Facebook is that any imbecile can post any sort of idiotic nonsense, and most of them do.

Gaucho

i use fb to stalk. lol, actually just look at pictures from old friends every once in a while.