Do you think you will ever be free from SA?

Do you think you will ever be free from SA?

• Yes

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 63.3%

• Total voters

Paahi

I don't, I've had it most of my life. I have come to accept it as part of who I am. But I am still trying to get rid of it.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Accepting it's part of you is the first step in not letting it control you. Being free doesnt mean it disappears. I've accepted it's just part of me - and with work, the right treatment and perseverance I can deal with it and live and not let it live me. =) And thus, I will be "free" of it's bonds.

MrJones

Seriously, you're the wisest lemur I've ever seen :D
With time and effort we can live normal lives (I hope so ::p:). It's not going to be exactly like we were like everyone else, we will still have "our moments", but we could live in peace.

kyzz

I think I will, you have to truly believe you can change before change can happen. Not to mention many people much worse than I am overcame it, so why not me?

mikebird

Banned
I think I started this way. I had a magic time at the end of school and straight through uni and way beyond when life was utterly sociable and I was quite a centre of it for a while.

The whole of my life collapsed around me when my girlfriend left and left me by myself. She didn't get that having a mortgage in a smaller place is how you have to compromise, to make an investment. I was unready for that.

Now in a rut, I need a lady to spend time with; I have a lot to offer.

It takes two to make life good

Don't wanna be alone

Hero

YES. The effects have lessened already in some situations like crowds and talking to strangers.

I'm either going to beat it or die trying. I'm not going to let some silly problem control my whole life

IGotSeoul

I do not think I will be free of it, I know I will be free of it.

dismissing the question of if only leaves me with when.

simpsons2007

To be honest no!

But I do believe that one day I will find a way to cope with SA and when that time comes life will be easier to cope with.

montejocarlo

It's a choice. Somewhere in my mind, I believe it had partly been my choice to be like this. I'm sure I wasn't "sociophobic" when I went out of my mother's tummy. It's also going to be my choice to be rid of this. One flaw I found in myself is that I always blame the external world for everything. I never gave myself enough respect to acknowledge that I am accountable for my life. I should be responsible because I'm in control.

Section_31

im not sure ill ever be rid of it. but i will learn to manage it. and live with it.

I wont let it stop me.

mandabear21

I think I can and will improve as I get older, but I don't think it will ever go away. I've been like this since as far back as I can remember, so I don't see why it would go away. I am seeing a psychologist, and I'm kind of excited to see what may change with seeing her. I've only been to one appt. so far, I have one on Monday. My main goal is to get to a point where I can handle having a job and being around people or taking a few classes at college. I'm never gonna be a social butterfly, but I'm okay with that.

nopark

I joined SPW in 2010 when I was at a low. Since then I have made huge changes in my life, and I consider my SA defeated. I think I've overcome SA but I don't think it'll ever go away completely.

Just the other day I had a "regression" as I think of it, where walking into the supermarket had me fleeing back out a few minutes later. I have good days and I have bad days, but the good days outnumber the bad and I continuously try and push myself further and further.