Do you feel alone?

Green7

That is my question. I feel many times alone , and this make me feel low.
When my parenst are not affectionate with me , and my illness don´t let me to know other people.

Many times i think that my life its very hard , and more hard is when the people don´t know this.

I woud like to know if i am ``alone´´ or not with this matter.

Then do you feel alone?

Silatuyok

When I am feeling sad, yes, I do feel very alone, regardless of any of the good things or people in my life. When I am not sad I just feel independent. Very rarely do I ever feel connected with other people.

Of course I do, the only affection I got is from my online friends. I absolutely appreciate that, it keeps me together. But it sucks so much to not be able to even get a zarking real hug.

Last edited:

Green7

i have readed in a study made for the university of barcelona (Spain) about of the phobia social that a big percentage of them have a father or a mother who has a behavior protective,critical,and little affectionate with the son who has phobia social.

coincidence or not?

I personally think that the investigation has a lot of reason

MikeyC

I feel alone, but I do have a few people in my life who will be there for me if necessary. But overall, yeah.

Dead_on_Arrival

I'm married with two children but quite a lot of the time I feel alone. It depends on my state of mind at any given point in time.

planemo

What makes me feel most alone is the fact that i can't bridge the gap between me and others. I can't really explain what the gap is, its just there.

MrJones

What makes me feel most alone is the fact that i can't bridge the gap between me and others. I can't really explain what the gap really is, its just there.
I like the idea of Pink Floyd's wall :p

I have a gap too, something you may be able to jump in the future (or even now), but just the idea of trying is frightening, as the gap is a bit wider everyday and you could fall to the endless gorge.
I can see everyone else, on the other side, and I want to jump.... but I have to be prepared first, I guess.

Kiwong

At times in the past I have felt very alone, to the point of not feeling real. At present I feel less alone than I have felt for many years.

Parfois, je me sens solitaire. ;) Excuse the french. Yeah,sometimes I feel lonely... But usually it's a good thing. A lot of people are boring,annoying,have no particular stance or view on anything slightly controversial....so thus,they have nothing to say, or are so shallow they didn't get time to develop a personality. It's difficult to find people who are interesting, talkative, intelligent AND compatible with you.

Yeah, I agree with you. Some people are like that. But I think its somewhat hard to understand how people truly are unless you've given them a few chances, some people who seem 'shallow' on the surface are really interesting once you get to know them. Its just they don't like to show these things. I have a very intelligent cousin who seems like all she cares about is partying and make up. That's not true though, she just likes them too. Nothing wrong with that. People don't have to act critical all the time to show that they're smart or interesting or whatever. Haha sorry about rambling ;)

mikebird

Banned
Did you watch The Beaver?

Quite relevant fo someone who feels suicidal, uses an alter-ego puppet for company, and gets out of his bad times, eventually.

Agent_Violet

Yeah, I agree with you. Some people are like that. But I think its somewhat hard to understand how people truly are unless you've given them a few chances, some people who seem 'shallow' on the surface are really interesting once you get to know them. Its just they don't like to show these things. I have a very intelligent cousin who seems like all she cares about is partying and make up. That's not true though, she just likes them too. Nothing wrong with that. People don't have to act critical all the time to show that they're smart or interesting or whatever. Haha sorry about rambling ;)

I FULLY agree with this.

Criticism and conflict do not make a person interesting or intelligent.

Sadly, i passed over many people in my life bc they seemed shallow on the surface and I didn't give them the chance I should have given them.

planemo

I like the idea of Pink Floyd's wall :p

I have a gap too, something you may be able to jump in the future (or even now), but just the idea of trying is frightening, as the gap is a bit wider everyday and you could fall to the endless gorge.
I can see everyone else, on the other side, and I want to jump.... but I have to be prepared first, I guess.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I guess not really relating to people could be one reason I'm on the wrong side of the divide. It's almost as if I'm one of a kind, and everyone else forms part of this group, which is independent of me, for some reason.
:confused: