Do you ever feel like...

Feeling_Nothing

Do you ever feel like you can take on the world and your ready for everything they throw at you but a couple hours later (or maybe a day) you get a reality check and you just feel worse than before?

I know I do...alot. Not sure why but I hate it...

MikeyC

Yep. Two days ago I felt like I could do anything. Now I feel like I'm drowning.

Feeling_Nothing

Yep. Two days ago I felt like I could do anything. Now I feel like I'm drowning.

That sucks :( I hope things work out and if you need a chat just talk to me :)
I'm pretty much glued to this website so...

And yeah, yesterday I felt really awesome but right now I feel lost, lonely and got no clue on what to do...

How_slow_the_Wind

All the time. On Saturday I was in good spirits during the day and I was very productive and got a lot of things done. Then in the evening I cried a little bit when I thought of how know one other than family gives a crap about me and all the endless rejection I've experienced from people my age.

It's very tumultuous; unexpectedly up or down for whatever reason, and the worst thing is having no one in real life to vent too. Not being able to express your true feelings to anyone really triggers the instability.

recluse

Sometimes i get bursts of optimism ''Yeah i feel great!''...''I'm going to go out and meet people!''....''I'm going to go to college again and get a career!''........Then in a matter of hours i will slump to a self pitying, pessimistic wreck.

gustavofring

Moods are a bitch.

Especially when you can't hold on to that excited feeling and the present moment gets you down again.

The biggest frustration is that change often doesn't come soon enough. You work on something, but you realise you're still in the same slum. And you think you can't really be happy until you've reached a certain goal. That brings a lot of mind induced stress.

I feel if I would balance my happiness, and spread it out a bit more so that it doesn't come in huge peaks and deep crashes, but more of a steady constant feeling, it would help tremendously. I'm working on that and already seeing improvement. Cutting down on the mood-swinging substance called coffee helped a lot to me, as well as meditating and accepting and being in the present moment without the constant anxiety thoughts.

Last edited:

da_illest101

yea I hate when that happens.

When you are not confronted with the situation is just not as scary as it really is

Iluv

Yeah. Once in a blue moon I will feel like Superwoman. Walk outside and be like "Yeah, I'm invencible". And then a person walks by and I run back in the house ::p:.

MikeyC

Moods are a bitch.

Especially when you can't hold on to that excited feeling and the present moment gets you down again.

The biggest frustration is that change often doesn't come soon enough. You work on something, but you realise you're still in the same slum. And you think you can't really be happy until you've reached a certain goal. That brings a lot of mind induced stress.

I feel if I would balance my happiness, and spread it out a bit more so that it doesn't come in huge peaks and deep crashes, but more of a steady constant feeling, it would help tremendously. I'm working on that and already seeing improvement. Cutting down on the mood-swinging substance called coffee helped a lot to me, as well as meditating and accepting and being in the present moment without the constant anxiety thoughts.
Great post. I'm glad you're feeling better about things, even if it's a lot of work.

Nala

Yep, those massive mood swings sound familiar. It's very annoying and frustrating.

Moo

Yes this happens to me! Yesterday for example I met someone I'm going to be volunteering with shortly and after our induction we went for drinks and talked about a lot of random stuff. It went well (he even said I was bubbly and outgoing!!! :eek:). On the way home I was thinking to myself... do I even have SA? Anyway a couple of hours later I felt absolutely miserable about everything and still do now. ::(: I don't know what happened... I felt on top of the world but the self doubt started to kick in. I feel like I'm useless at everything social and keep going over the awkward parts instead of the 90% of the time I felt at ease.

Anyway sorry for rambling on and on but I can really identify with most of you. I have those moments of clarity when everything seems like it might just turn out ok but it always crashes down not long after. I hate going from feeling invincible to on the verge of tears... I just can't explain it.

Yeah I get this all the time, i manage to feel quite good for a bit and i think see things can work out, you just got to wait for the bad mood to move along like a cloud. but then its undermined so easily, i feel embarrassed, someone is horrible to me, or for some unknown reason the mood just drains out and i am basically a hopelessly weak individual and nothing changes in my life at all.

chibiXphantom

yeah, quite frequently. I'll get really motivated to do something or really inspired. i'll be like "Yeah! i can do this! its gonna be awesome!" then a little bit later im like "wait... i cant do this... i suck and have no talent and im just gonna fail and im never gonna be anything and im gonna end up homeless and on the streets or in jail cause i fail at life...." followed by a total emotional breakdown
yeah thats pretty much how it goes -_-'