Do you believe in ghosts?

superario

Not sure where to put this thread but I'm putting it here and nobody can stop me, MWUAHAHHAHAHAHHAAAA. :D

Ok, so seeing is believing isn't it? I for one strongly believe in the supernatural.

What about you all? Ever seen anything?

IGotSeoul

Not sure where to put this thread but I'm putting it here and nobody can stop me, MWUAHAHHAHAHAHHAAAA. :D

Ok, so seeing is believing isn't it? I for one strongly believe in the supernatural.

What about you all? Ever seen anything?

I'm more interested in what compels you to believe that they do exist. ::p:

eatamoose372

Yes, absolutely. I'm as cynical and realistic as they come except (I guess)when it comes to the supernatural because regarding that topic, I'm a true believer ahah

I like to think there's something out there beyond just this.

megalon

Yes and no. I don't believe in the whole "spirits of the dead" thing, rather I think they are artifacts caused by some kind of disturbance in the fabric of time. I think what is seen or heard is a just a glimpse of something happening in the past or future. I'm a huge Ghosthunters fan but I've never seen anything in real life. I have heard a voice once.

Starchild

I really don't know where I stand on this subject.

I don't believe in things unless they can be proven. Properly proven through science and/or any other certain way of getting real evidence. I don't believe in any kinds of Gods, the Easter bunny or any other mysterious creatures... Except for ghosts. I just can't make up my mind. I keep switching from believing in some kind of life after death, and just thinking that it's all some kind of coping mechanism by our brains because we know we're all gonna die someday - and the idea of life after death is a perfect way to comfort ourselves.

I also like megalon's theory. That it's something natural that we just haven't been able to explain yet.

I guess you could say I'm open to ghosts existing, but I don't really know for sure.

I'd like to, but I don't. I'd really love there to be such a thing, because it would add a huge layer of mystery to this otherwise dull and stale life.

I used to think that I saw proof ghosts all the time, but as I grew older I started to recognize how easily I persuaded myself into believing the reality I wanted to believe in. As I observed that, I noticed that the proof I saw were merely normal events made into something else by the power of suggestion.

Last edited:

Predacon

I've never seen anything myself, but I've watched those Ghosthunting programmes and while most of they come up with is nothing, there has been some stuff that I thought was pretty spooky.

WeirdyMcGee

Oh yes.
Why not?
My family are all firm believers in the supernatural. Ghosts and UFO's mostly.
Every person in my bloodline has seen with their own eyes- something that can't be explained; at least once.

For me, it happens often... although I've never seen a UFO before. haha
I think it's easier to believe in ghosts when you've been so close to death so often your entire life. You tend to see things and wonder; 'was that a hallucination? am I crazy?' Maybe, yes. Or- maybe it really was what I thought it looked like?

And even if it can be explained- it's still fun to pretend and think; 'what if?'

LazyHermitCrab

Well lets just say i'm openminded because i was laying in bed at my aunts house which is really old btw and left a dim light on.. later in the night like 1am i saw a figure next to me, which looked like a person with their back to me. I thought it was my cousin or an animal or something and then i put my hand over it and my hand went right through the object.. so i'm like uhhh crap and freaked out and jumped up to turn on a light and couldn't find a good light switch so ran upstairs in the dark and it felt really cold but it was only on the left side of me.. ending up sleeping on the floor upstairs and it was awkward explaining why i didn't sleep in the "comfortable bed" lol

Yes I do.There is a local ghost in my locale whom goes by the name of "the gray lady".
she comes alive from a variety of grave headstones,to scare the unaware.

megalon

Well lets just say i'm openminded because i was laying in bed at my aunts house which is really old btw and left a dim light on.. later in the night like 1am i saw a figure next to me, which looked like a person with their back to me. I thought it was my cousin or an animal or something and then i put my hand over it and my hand went right through the object.. so i'm like uhhh crap and freaked out and jumped up to turn on a light and couldn't find a good light switch so ran upstairs in the dark and it felt really cold but it was only on the left side of me.. ending up sleeping on the floor upstairs and it was awkward explaining why i didn't sleep in the "comfortable bed" lol

Not gonna lie, if that sorta thing happened to me, I would be running out the door and down the street. ::eek::

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
They watch you when you're sleeping.

Casper-the-Friendly-Ghost.jpg

Also when you masturbate.

AGR

Nope,we are highly suggestive(I think thats the right word?)by sounds and images,even sound and images which are not there.

‪James Randi: We All Make Assumptions‬‏ - YouTube

‪James Randi: Scientists Fooled by a Match Box Trick‬‏ - YouTube

Recently I have heard noises and here there are automatic flush in the men's urinals,it only goes off when it feels a movement,when the person stops urinating,once it went off when I was there alone,I did not use it,all these times I waited there to see if something happened,so far nothing.

nothingtofear

I really don't know where I stand on this subject.

I don't believe in things unless they can be proven. Properly proven through science and/or any other certain way of getting real evidence. I don't believe in any kinds of Gods, the Easter bunny or any other mysterious creatures... Except for ghosts. I just can't make up my mind. I keep switching from believing in some kind of life after death, and just thinking that it's all some kind of coping mechanism by our brains because we know we're all gonna die someday - and the idea of life after death is a perfect way to comfort ourselves.

I also like megalon's theory. That it's something natural that we just haven't been able to explain yet.

I guess you could say I'm open to ghosts existing, but I don't really know for sure.

I'm sort of in the same boat. I didn't mean to say I believe they don't exist, I meant I don't believe they do exist but I don't know. I suppose it could be possible and megalon's theory is interesting but I don't believe what I don't think I've got any good reason to believe. I don't necessarily need everything to be proven to any great deal of certainty to believe it's likely, I just need some reason to support that likeliness.

Phoenixx

While I don't believe in all things considered supernatural, I definitely believe in ghosts.

Back when I was living in NJ, our house was haunted by one of the former residents that had lived there before. We believe it was the old woman who had died in the house a few years before. Anyway, I remember as a kid, whether I was playing with my toys, playing video games, or watching tv, I always felt a little bit of goosebumps on my arm. Then I'd feel either a hand on my shoulder, someone sitting next to me, or someone playing with my hair. At night I would sometimes hear the floor creak like someone was walking through the house. It was weird. I was pretty freaked out at first, I was only 7. But I eventually just got used to the feeling and didn't even feel freaked out anymore.

The last time I was in there a few years ago (I was helping my parents clean out the house so they could finally sell it), I was sitting upstairs and then the radio just turned on from across the room. Then I saw the strand of hair in front of my face come forward like someone was lifting it. Creepy... I wonder if she's haunting the new owners? :rolleyes::D