Do any of you take driving lessons/drive

anxiety1408

I take 1 lesson a week, I get anxious when driving for some reason, It feels awkward with the guy inside the car especially when it goes silent, I dislike waiting at lights because people just like look at you from other cars, me dont like. And when driving I thinks people just stare at me when Im driving lol. On top of this my eyes are light sensitive so they get teary when theres so much light or sometimes they get sensitive when im anxious :S So that makes me more self conscious... Anyone had similar experiences?

fife_girl

I take 1 lesson a week, I get anxious when driving for some reason, It feels awkward with the guy inside the car especially when it goes silent, I dislike waiting at lights because people just like look at you from other cars, me dont like. And when driving I thinks people just stare at me when Im driving lol. On top of this my eyes are light sensitive so they get teary when theres so much light or sometimes they get sensitive when im anxious :S So that makes me more self conscious... Anyone had similar experiences?

yup!! iv had 4 different driving instuctors, just couldnt do it, id panic at traffic lights and im sensitive to light too, i wear dark eyemake so its a pain when it happens :(
id love to drive, might try again in the winter when its darker earlier n get evening lessons!

keep up the lessons n you'll do fine! :D

anxiety1408

yup!! iv had 4 different driving instuctors, just couldnt do it, id panic at traffic lights and im sensitive to light too, i wear dark eyemake so its a pain when it happens :(
id love to drive, might try again in the winter when its darker earlier n get evening lessons!

keep up the lessons n you'll do fine! :D

Im not alone :D lol, Sounds very much like me apart from the eyemake up part :D, That sounds like a good idea, evening lessons are so much better! Thanks, I have a driving lesson in 20 minutes :eek: lol

Erick1

Sadly moi has had similar experiences. I am ver sensitive to light. And its really bad at school, i can't focus alot. My eyes burn, and get watery. D:

that_girl

I took my driving license about 1 year ago. My driving instructor is a really cool person, and when I was with him in the car, i didn't feel very anxious.
But when I was doing my driving exam i was very very nervous, i didn't know who the person next to me was, and i was very afraid of doing something wrong and he starting yelling at me. In the first time I failed the driving exam. But I didn't give up and in the second time I finally passed the exam, yeah :)

However when I know I have to go somewhere and I need the car I feel very anxious, I'm afraid of driving alone and noone is next to me. Gosh... I feel a lot of tension in my legs muscles, my heart beats fast and some difficult to breath. It sucks because if happens something I cant react, I completely froze.

anxiety1408

Sadly moi has had similar experiences. I am ver sensitive to light. And its really bad at school, i can't focus alot. My eyes burn, and get watery. D:

Yeah that happens to me alot, My eyes are generally very sensitive to light, even this guy said it who I had my eye test with, he says I have dry eyes and I need eye drops, I brought some/use them but they dont really do much in the long run!

anxiety1408

I took my driving license about 1 year ago. My driving instructor is a really cool person, and when I was with him in the car, i didn't feel very anxious.
But when I was doing my driving exam i was very very nervous, i didn't know who the person next to me was, and i was very afraid of doing something wrong and he starting yelling at me. In the first time I failed the driving exam. But I didn't give up and in the second time I finally passed the exam, yeah :)

However when I know I have to go somewhere and I need the car I feel very anxious, I'm afraid of driving alone and noone is next to me. Gosh... I feel a lot of tension in my legs muscles, my heart beats fast and some difficult to breath. It sucks because if happens something I cant react, I completely froze.

First off congratulations on Passing :cool: Yeah I get those moments where I freeze and my mind goes blank, I listen/look etc but It seems as if everything is happening and Nothing is actually sinking in. You know what I didnt wana hear from my driving instructor he has said to me on 2 occasions after a driving lesson, he was like I dont know but do you get nervous sometimes? I was like Oh dear he shouldn't have said that lol.

anxiety1408

I have been driving since I was 14 illegally but it wasnt like all the time until I turned 16 when I got my permit. I taught myself to drive. Until I had to start driving a car that was a manual, then I really had to have driving lessons.

Haha naughty naughty, That;d have been pretty cool to drive an automatic :D I hadn't driven a car till i started taking lessons, and i started at 18.. not too long ago, a bit late but yeah..

anxiety1408

I lurv driving, especially on the open road. Traffic's another issue though :-/

I love driving on an open road aswell lol Its fun until my driving instructor tells me to slow down, Dual carriageways are epic lol And thats probably the only bit I find enjoyable about driving when I have to put my foot down :D

anxiety1408

I do driving lessons and just bought myself a car this week! Cant wait to go out in it, with my mum (she has a full license). I seem to be not too bad while driving, i get very nervous like any learner driver does and because of this i sweat alot which is embarrassing hehehe. My driving instructor is really cool! the only problem is he talks tooooo much that i'm having to concentrate on the road and what he is saying at the same time, and it gets me pretty darn scared incase i lose track of the road. Maybe i should say something hmmm! :)

Whoo :D Congrats on your new car! :) Haha that happens to me when my instructor is talking to me I cant multitask! Its hard to concentrate on what hes talking about and do what hes saying at the same time lol

fitftw

OP, I feel the same way. My anxiety kicks into high gear, no pun intended, when I'm driving. People staring at me, me freaking out and getting paranoid, me screaming at people who can't drive worth a damn...etc. I love driving, but only if I'm the only one on the road, or ahead of everybody.

anxiety1408

OP, I feel the same way. My anxiety kicks into high gear, no pun intended, when I'm driving. People staring at me, me freaking out and getting paranoid, me screaming at people who can't drive worth a damn...etc. I love driving, but only if I'm the only one on the road, or ahead of everybody.

haha @ high gear :D , Yeah thats the only time I really enjoy drivin when say Im on an open road where I can drive at will and not feel judged by anyone!

Emily_G

lol I guess it can only get better after a few hundred times lol cos it can't really get much worse than it already is!!

Lol, I just said that because I hated driving for a long time. I still don't care for it, but it doesn't bother me as much.

Aussie_Lad

I've been driving for years. I might get my bike license soon, and then maybe a truck license after that.

Ignace

I have been driving since I was 14 illegally but it wasnt like all the time until I turned 16 when I got my permit. I taught myself to drive. Until I had to start driving a car that was a manual, then I really had to have driving lessons.

Yeah well, an automatic is not really challenging. xD

Mr.Moon

My lesson was my father or mother letting me drive 3 miles down our straight road a few times... Apparently it counted as teaching for them.