Did i deserve getting physically hurt?

SmileMore

Before i write this i know some people are probably thinking i deserved what happened but here goes.

I was out one night with some friends and a guy i know was there too. Me and him had a casual thing a while ago but that finished. I regret that because i ended up liking him even know i knew it was only casual. Anyway that ended about a year ago.

So, i didn't know he was in town that night and was a bit suprised but i didn't say much to him. As the evening went on i had a few too many drinks. I'm not usually a big drinker but i felt nervous because he was there so i must have gone a bit too far with the drink.

He has a girlfriend who he's been with since our "thing" ended. At the end of the night he walked with me as we were both on our way home and the place he stays when in town is sort of near me. I wasn't thinking too clearly and let him hold my hand.

We were walking through a park and he asked if ii wanted to sit on a bench for a bit and chat. I said yes, not sure why. A few minutes later he said he knew we were supposed to be friends but he found me very attractive and started touching me. I let him does this but then he took me to a more secluded spot and asked for oral sex.

I said i didn't want to but he kept insisting so i did for about a minute but stopped. He asked me to do it again but this time i said "no", he pushed my head down and it hurt my neck, i ended up doing it again for a few minutes.

After that we ended up having sex. He wanted *nal sex and i told him he was hurting me but he didn't stop he just said he'd go slower. Once it was over i went home and so did he.

He text me after saying how great it was to see me and everything. The day after i was in a lot of pain and i told him it hurt me. He said "oh that's not good, we'll have to be more gentle next time" i told him there would never be a next time.
Now, i know what happened was partly my fault and i went through with it but i can't stop thinking about that night and how aggressive he was. I know it could have been the alcohol but i just feel really confused about the whole thing.

Was what happened just a drunken thing? Did i deserve getting hurt? Am i making a big deal over nothing?

Last edited:

DeadmanWalking

No, you didn't deserve that. He just went too far. Once you said "no", he should've backed off immediately instead of pushing you and basically forcing you into it.

Just treat this as a learning experience and make sure you don't make yourself vulnerable to him and his suggestions like that again. If you could, you should probably move away from him, so that you'll never be faced with meeting him again. If not, then just completely excommunicate him from your life and don't interact with him anymore.

Odo

Banned
I'm having a hard time believing that anyone could actually think that any of this is okay, or 'deserved'. I'm really not sure if you should call the police on this one, but you should definitely stay away from this guy and probably warn others.

laure15

This sounds like sexual abuse. He took advantage of you when you're drunk. You need to get away from this guy and never have anything to do with him again.

NO MEANS NO! It's his fault, he should have respect enough to take no for an answer. It should't matter how drunk you are when you say no it should be the end of it. Have you thought about calling the cops? He sounds like a complete douche bag that needs his face rearranged.

Nobody deserves sexual abuse. Nobody. Period. End. There is NO gray area here. My heart goes out to you, I'm sorry this happened to you.

SmileMore

This happened a while ago but it still bothers me. I wouldn't go to the police because it was mostly consensual. It's just the fact that he didn't stop when i said it hurt, he just said he'd go slower instead and the fact he didn't seem to feel bad about any of it. I guess it just shook me up a bit because i'd never seen him like that before. Maybe it was the alcohol.

That guy is a #@&#@#@@@@***##@*%**#######@@@ (breathe) ###*#*****#@@***#@@@##******** (breathe)***###**###**###########@@@@@@@&***##%&*#&## (breathe) ***#@@##@#***&###&%%*#@@#

'No' means 'no'

I'm sorry this happened.

MikeyC

Before i write this i know some people are probably thinking i deserved what happened but here goes.
Who the hell would think this? No, this is sexual abuse and he could get into a LOT of trouble if you decided to tell the police.

Break all contact from him - he sounds like bad news.

SmileMore

I don't talk to him anymore. I just feel like I'm maybe overreacting. When he wanted oral sex and I said no, he did push my head down hard and said "yes" but when I said no again he did stop so maybe I'm just making it sound worse than it is.

gazelle

You're not overreacting. The guy is an asshole and there's no doubt about it. Although considering the fact that you've ended up liking him before and that you knew you were vulnerable towards him, I do find it wrong that you didn't separate you route from him from the beginning and that you let him hold your hand, but still that doesn't mean you deserved to be treated like that and that you should blame yourself and not him.
He was well aware that he was hurting you and that you were drunk plus you said no but he was the one who insisted. And the fact that he has a girlfriend makes him even more of a j#rk. If I were you I wouldn't let him get away with this.

SmileMore

He'd been drinking aswell though. More than me actually. It's not something I'd ever tell anyone I know as it's too embarrassing. I just wanted to vent really.

THeCARS1979

This happened a while ago but it still bothers me. I wouldn't go to the police because it was mostly consensual. It's just the fact that he didn't stop when i said it hurt, he just said he'd go slower instead and the fact he didn't seem to feel bad about any of it. I guess it just shook me up a bit because i'd never seen him like that before. Maybe it was the alcohol.

He sounded like he was a real je*k and you werent even together anymore. That shouldve never happened. If
You see him again just tell him to f --k off. Yeah alcohol does do things. Ive used alcohol for social anxiety before but would never treat anyone like that

Last edited:

ImNotMyIllness

NO! He took advantage of the fact that you have low self esteem and he's stronger than you. This guy is a scumbag.

.....So sorry to hear that. I hope he meets a guy that forces him to do that! See how he likes it!!

I agree with all the above comments. This was not okay, and you definitely did not deserve it.

Keeping asking it over and over is a pretty low move all in itself - but the fact that he physically grabbed your neck and essential forced you to - when you clearly stated you didn't want to - makes it abuse.

Don't ever think you deserve things like that. The guy is capable of making decisions just like any one else, and he choose to disregard your objections. You have all right to end whatever act you want when it becomes uncomfortable. Just because you tolerated a few touches doesn't mean you're then obligated to do anything after that. He should have stopped the second your expressed discomfort and objection.

I don't talk to him anymore. I just feel like I'm maybe overreacting. When he wanted oral sex and I said no, he did push my head down hard and said "yes" but when I said no again he did stop so maybe I'm just making it sound worse than it is.

If it bothers you, it bothers you. How ever you initially react to it, is correct. Whether he meant to turn it into abuse or not isn't that relevant. What matters is what you experienced during the act, and how much of those bad experiences were caused his actions. Which is safe to say the vast majority of them were caused by him.

It's not his motives that count, but his actions. He may not be a demon monster whom get his kicks out of other people's suffering, but he's definitely not a saint either.